Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:40:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AbcBitcoin.com - New Bitcoin Directory  (Read 2415 times)
AbcBitcoinDirectory (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 09:48:34 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 04:02:43 PM by AbcBitcoinDirectory

Hello!

Me and my friends recently setup a new bitcoin website that lists shops (bars, restaurant, etc.) accepting bitcoin payments and also websites related to bitcoin (blogs, exchanges, news, etc.). We also have a map where visitors can find shops accepting bitcoins nearby.

Visitors can also rate and comment listed businesses/websites. Listing is free of charge, no registration is needed for submitting a link, and no back-link is required. The website is far from finished but we thought it would be interesting to get some feedback at this early stage of development to get some ideas to improve user experience later on.

By the way if you have a business that accepts bitcoins or a bitcoin website/blog, feel free to list it in our directory, again it is totally free Wink

This is the link to our website: AbcBitcoin Directory

Thank you for your help and support!  Cheesy

Larry
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:14:09 AM

Looks great, it's need more exposure. Make more people attract, to make a review. First your site need more traffic and more people to use it. If people know, the company who listed on your site will tell other people to make a review. Good luck, if there are another yelp, with bitcoin business directory it will be great Cheesy
nebuzen

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:37:56 AM

Hello!

Me and my friends recently setup a new bitcoin website that lists shops (bars, restaurant, etc.) accepting bitcoin payments and also websites related to bitcoin (blogs, exchanges, news, etc.). We also have a map where visitors can find shops accepting bitcoins nearby.

Visitors can also rate and comment listed businesses/websites. Listing is free of charge, no registration is needed for submitting a link, and no back-link is required. The website is far from finished but we thought it would be interesting to get some feedback at this early stage of development to get some ideas to improve user experience later on.

By the way if you have a business that accepts bitcoins or a bitcoin website/blog, feel free to list it in our directory, again it is totally free Wink

This is the link to our website: AbcBitcoin Directory

Thank you for your help and support!  Cheesy

Larry

Please correct your link. *sigh*
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 08:19:15 AM

For anyone trying to find the correct link for the blog.Here it is : http://www.abcbitcoin.com/

You haven't seem to fulfilled the list completely .For example : Sports and Games section doesn't mention Steam,as they do accept bitcoins.

Bandcamp accepts bitcoins ? Thanks for letting me know.Nice information you have there,hope you cover more countries and section in the future.

Fashion and Accessories seems empty : There are a lot of online websites accepting bitcoins for that.

Check dutyfree.io ,service accepting bitcoins for shipping cigarettes.
~BitSy~

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:41:34 AM

It looks like anyone could easily rate each business without the need of creating accounts, so it might be better to limit it to those with accounts and rather put a boundary on a future possible abused ratings.

In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Can't see it apparently Huh
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 02:20:00 PM

Also had a bitcoin directory but it is a paid directory because I am using a premium theme,the site looks good but to populate your directory you need some social accounts for promotion,because this is free people would want to list their business here ..

I would like to list my forum but there is no category for that ..

Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:25:15 PM

wow this is like review for eachbitcoin website ?
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:32:39 PM

You do list everything that accepts bitcoin right? can you list us please. our site is http://toutrix.com/adserver this is an adnetwork accepting btc.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
kevinex

Activity: 282

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:04:42 PM

nice site no need register for submit but you need email for submit site.
i hope you not use my email for spam  Tongue

thanks
AbcBitcoinDirectory (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 06:04:43 PM

Hello everyone!

First of all, thank you for your time, feedback and comments!

@ avatar_kiyoshi : The website is not finished yet. It Will take a little while to develop content and traffic, but we are working hard on it Wink

@ nebuzen : I have corrected the link, thank you for notifying.

@ Joel_Jantsen : Yes the list is not finished yet, it will take some time before we cover most of businesses! As you suggested we have added Steam and dutyfree.io to the list. Excellent idea!

@ ~BitSy~ : Great idea. We have now restricted the Review feature for registered users only. Regarding SSL it be deployed in the coming days. Thanks for spotting it!

@robelneo : Our directory is free of charge as we would like it to be acccessible by everyone. However we have added a donation module, and we hope generous bitoin donators will help us cover hosting and development costs. If you want to add your forum you can add it under category "Other" for the moment. We will soon add more categories and once done we will transfer listings to the right categories manually.

@Ains_sama : Our goal is to list all businesses accepting bitcoins and websites related to bitcoin (blogs, forums, news, exchanges, etc.). We do not rate those businesses and websites ourselves. Every one going to our website can post reviews. It basically works similarly to Trustpilot website.

@enhu : We have included Toutrix in our Directory. Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

@Kevinex : We request email because once you submit a listing, you receive an email from us containing a special link that you can use in case you need to Edit or Delete your listing for some reasons. We do not use guest emails for any other purpose. And if you want to get our newsletter, there is a special "Subscribe to our newsletter" module in the right column, those are the emails we use for our newsletters Smiley

Have a great day!

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 01:07:43 PM

The site is down for me, can anyone else access it?

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
nebuzen

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 04:59:33 PM

The site is down for me, can anyone else access it?

I'm able to access it.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 07:17:17 PM

A nice idea. What is your plan for monetisation? There s no way u ll keep developing it unless u can make money out of it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
AbcBitcoinDirectory (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 10:08:34 PM

A nice idea. What is your plan for monetisation? There s no way u ll keep developing it unless u can make money out of it.

At this stage we mainly count on donations. People who believe in our project and want to help us grow can donate Bitcoins, and it is also possible to donate via Paypal.

We chose this solution as we would like to keep the website free for our users, and we also would like to keep the website design clean and free of any advertising/banners/popups, etc.

Let's now hope that some people will support our project Wink

nakedbitcoins

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

Nakedbitcoins.com !

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 10:14:09 PM

Good looking website  Grin

I'll be adding us to the adult section first one there I see! Cheesy

Willemveen

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:48:40 PM

lockept93

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 12:54:19 AM

Like that!
Different languages would bei fine.

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 01:30:41 AM

Abcbitcoin.com wouldn't be the best domain for a bitcoin directory. Maybe something like bitindex, bitdirect, bitdirectory or even bitfindr. Doesn't have to be .com.

That aside, great site!
AbcBitcoinDirectory (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 11:36:11 AM

Congratulations, you are the first adult site in our directory Wink All the best!
nakedbitcoins

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

Nakedbitcoins.com !

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 02:53:12 AM

Congratulations, you are the first adult site in our directory Wink All the best!

Lol, yes I see that  Cheesy
Add a crowdfunding one also plz.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: