Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:35:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 reasons for global marijuana legalization  (Read 3554 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:08:23 AM

Social media, though often the subject of severe criticism of our youth, has caused radical changes to our political

system, even though we don't notice it.

As we saw the legalization of gay marriage in the USA, I saw it not as legalization, but rather, an "unblock" on civil

liberties of a group of people.

Such is the same for marijuana legalization. For the sake of simplicity, neglected from the article are very important

points such as; The military industrial complex, the failed war on drugs and its burden on the taxpayer

So, without further bantering, here are my five arguments!

1) Civil liberty

This is number 1 because in this case, it does not matter if you are using marijuana for recreational (to just get high!

Cheesy), medicinal (there are several applications), spiritual, or religious purposes, but because, as a Libertarian, I

believe that the principles of liberties are universal. If a group of people by general consensus can claim ownership

over your civil liberties by a 51% vote, then there is obviously a moral issue there, making the concerned human being

very undemocratic.

2) Medicinal

Marijuana has many medicinal uses, in my case, mental health. Research funded by the US government (Yes, the same people

who schedule it as a drug with no medicinal value, shows that marijuana acts on the same receptors of the brain as

benzodiazepine drugs do, which are prescribed as a commercial treatment for generalized anxiety disorder today. Of

course, cannabis is less stronger, which also makes it less addictive, and it bears none of the side effects that the

pharmaceutical drugs do. There have been very few deaths attributed to medicinal marijuana use. There are none that I am

aware of.

3) Cultural

Marijuana has been a part of several cultural practices. Ancient civilizations have been using the plant for ceremonies

for thousands of years. A lot of these civilizations have been subject to erasure due to post colonialism under the

corporatocracy. It is only fair that they be allowed to partake in cultural traditions, as Americans do with their

alcohol.

4) Religious

Human beings are very religious people. I myself am opposed to several organized religions, including Christianity,

Judaism, and Islam (No debating!). However, by imposing my religious views (or lack, thereof) on a religious group of

people would make me guilty of the very same vices that I accuse them of.

5) Prohibition was founded on a lie

We were told that marijuana was dangerous, that it can lead to permanent psychosis, cause schizophrenia (this is the

"vaccines cause autism" of our times and has no scientific basis), and corrupt our youth by having them lead immoral and

destitute lives. However, several states have done well under legalization, reducing addiction and crime rates in just a

few years (Colorado is one example)

Please discuss, but be civil! Thou hast been warned..

Account recovered 08-12-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trifixion713

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:03:54 AM

We were told that marijuana was dangerous, that it can lead to permanent psychosis, cause schizophrenia (this is the

"vaccines cause autism" of our times and has no scientific basis), and corrupt our youth by having them lead immoral and

destitute lives. However, several states have done well under legalization, reducing addiction and crime rates in just a

It was most definitely founded on a lie. We can thank DuPont, Hearst, and Mellon for prohibition and the reefer madness insanity and propaganda which still some buy into in 2016.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:15:56 AM

It was most definitely founded on a lie. We can thank DuPont, Hearst, and Mellon for prohibition and the reefer madness insanity and propaganda which still some buy into in 2016.

Ah, you are way ahead of me with your post. You are thinking of the economic beneficiaries of the war on drugs.

Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:24:21 PM

There is no world government, just a collection of differently governed countries. Actions like this can take generations to change, but it seems to be moving in the direction of legalisation, which ultimately makes sense. It's near enough the same as alcohol - some people can handle it and others cannot. Criminals will capitalise off prohibition and they do already, for this one drug and possibly a few others it makes sense to raise tax revenue instead.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
salsa321

Activity: 698
Merit: 503

Substantiate your success.

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:15:18 PM

how many ratio benefit from marijuana?
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:57:02 PM

how many ratio benefit from marijuana?

That figure is easily in the millions, once you add in all the potential medicinal marijuana users, everyone who has been diagnosed with; ADHD, epilepsy, generalized anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, seizures, Parkinson's disease, glaucoma, etc etc

xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:35:41 PM

How dangerous is legal marijuana? legal marijuana is a very dangerous drug! so i've a simple question here! How much money did the state and federal government receive from marijuana taxes?

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:43:38 AM

How much money did the state and federal government receive from marijuana taxes?

Plenty. Which state are you asking about? Colorado made enough to resolve their education deficit.

Cybertron00

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 01:14:27 AM

Its just that my opinion, I think marijuana must be legalized but with restrictions. For example, you can't buy marjiuana unless you got some medical prescription from a qualified doctor. That way drug abusers can't abuse it easily.  Grin
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:31:03 AM

Its just that my opinion, I think marijuana must be legalized but with restrictions. For example, you can't buy marjiuana unless you got some medical prescription from a qualified doctor. That way drug abusers can't abuse it easily.  Grin

I agree with medicinal marijuana. Sale of this drug must be regulated and those who has prescription only can have access to this drug.If it is not regulated, it can be abused easily.

Open for Campaigns
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:36:35 AM

I agree with medicinal marijuana. Sale of this drug must be regulated and those who has prescription only can have access to this drug.If it is not regulated, it can be abused easily.

Why the sales of Marijuana must be regulated? What about tobacco? Alcohol and tobacco are even more harmful to health, when compared to weed. But there are no restrictions on the sale of these items. The ban on marijuana must be removed, as it is only helping the Mexican drug cartels and the big pharma giants such as Pfizer.
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:11:44 AM

Its just that my opinion, I think marijuana must be legalized but with restrictions. For example, you can't buy marjiuana unless you got some medical prescription from a qualified doctor. That way drug abusers can't abuse it easily.  Grin

It's the shaaree ha that tell you that? Are you a sympathizer of ISIS? You should look into it they seems too to be into managing the life and what others can put in their bodies... Problem you will not be able to Change the package with so called democratic vote (50%+1 votes) it's take it or leave (if you are lucky).

Prohibition has no place in the American Jihad. What would the founding fathers have thaught of people pretending to be Americans bent on stoping people to dispose of their own bodies, with a plant furthermore... Who created the plants?

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 12:20:49 PM

Marijuana is not a drug of abuse. Tobacco cigarettes are more addictive, as is alcohol but those industries have corporate representatives

reuschman

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 01:36:14 PM

Marijuana is not a drug of abuse. Tobacco cigarettes are more addictive, as is alcohol but those industries have corporate representatives

Yes you say true. there are a lot of money behind these industries that we can't ever know.
only one of the big company of tobacco worth more than entire btc in circulation!
Masha Sha

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:41:12 PM

The first thing to do is to Not use the vocabulary of the enemy. Only by being able yourself to define about what you speak will the ennemies lose their control over your mind.

By saying the word "drug" you have already been framed. Then they already have won the debate. Don't passively accept their domination.

I hope we can(abis) agree on that?

Ex: plant, weeds, psychoactive, psychotropic, mind altering substance, addictive natural substance, natural product... Etc

Please share your own!

Don't forget it's a war! Those ennemies are like Isis terrorists, they would be happy to put you in a cage in the middle of the town (Isis does that for cigarettes and alcohol, but at least have a divine justification and it's applied to all). In the so called free west it's pure population control and management. Don't fall for their old, used and dirty tricks, own the language. Don't accept the imposition of their worldview or frame on you. Leave their matrix of enlsavement and incarceration and culpabilities. Be free and life can become and is if you know how to look beautiful enough to not indulge in those product of the Earth.

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 04:33:20 PM

I hope we can(abis) agree on that?

Terrible pun, but I agree otherwise. It is a war, they refer to it as such (ie The War on Drugs)

Liberty shall prevail in the end.

Masha Sha

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:10:09 PM

And in every war there is only question: on which side do you want to be?

The one of God or the one of his ennemies?

Mine is obvious.

"In principio creavit deus..."

Translation: In the beginning God created...

-In God We Trust-

It's a very serious issue.

(Some will answer the winning side, but all victors of the flesh died and before God had to answer about all their deeds... Better prepare now, as the day is unknown but certain)

And to the fake religious from all side who believe in a God or Gods, how do you explain that you are actively destroying a part of his Creation? At least Isis has a justification because the mind of the mujahideens and the Muslims must be clear from all psycoactives at all time to pray and be ready to die and be judged by God at all time which is translated in many verses in the Quran. For the others it's pure social conditioning. Like alcohol prohibition one day yes, then no more.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:13:08 PM

Yes you say true. there are a lot of money behind these industries that we can't ever know.
only one of the big company of tobacco worth more than entire btc in circulation!

Annual cigarette retail sales are worth around $750 billion (remember that there are other tobacco products as well, in addition to cigarettes). In case marijuana is legalized, then these sales can plummet by a significant margin.

Another aspect is pharma. Every year, close to 1.8 million cases of lung cancer are reported from all over the world. Big pharma companies make hundreds of billions of $$$ in profit from the sales of drugs which are used against lung cancer. Marijuana does not cause lung cancer, unlike tobacco. That means that marijuana legalization can be bad news for big pharma.
Masha Sha

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:24:04 PM

Lungs are made to breath the athmosphere... Not fire fumes (including ICE and jet engines).

As soon as the debate is reframed on the side of health again it's dangerous. What is safe? Sugar should be ban too?
As such better not enter it anyway. It's a basic question of right to live and be.

It's one thing to tell someone that a plant is dangerous when combusted (tobacco) another to kill all tobacco plants and jail it's users. You see the parallels?

This is the problem of forced socialized medicine, what is healthy and who decide it? No more sex than once a week said the doctor or you insurance triples... No more etc etc...

It's a war zone against human freedom, responsibility and the quest of happiness !!

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:29:16 PM

It opens up a whole new debate when you want the government to decide what you can or cannot consume, indeed, they are the worst people to be handing that authority over to

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: