Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:40:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something very strange is happening with my internet connection.  (Read 840 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 05:31:21 AM

As of five minutes ago, the only site I'm able to connect to is BitcoinTalk. NO OTHERS. Not even Google. Or any of my bookmarks.

Solution?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:34:46 AM

Run this in a batch file, if you're on windows:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
arp -d *
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 05:59:59 AM

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
arp -d *
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

I restarted the computer, and it seems to working fine now. I will do this next time it acts us. BTW, do I do the above in DOS? Seriously, for I ain't got no clue when it comes to these things. I can figure it out via Google I suppose. I'm a HTML and CSS guy, with a little PHP thrown in for good measure. That's all I know about code.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 07:56:47 AM

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
arp -d *
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

I restarted the computer, and it seems to working fine now. I will do this next time it acts us. BTW, do I do the above in DOS? Seriously, for I ain't got no clue when it comes to these things. I can figure it out via Google I suppose. I'm a HTML and CSS guy, with a little PHP thrown in for good measure. That's all I know about code.
Who's your dns provider? Are you using your ISP servers for your DNS needs? Try OpenDNS servers or google dns servers and check if all is ok next time.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:34:06 PM

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
arp -d *
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

Make sure you have windows option to show all file extensions 'on'. In windows explorer, go to: Tools: Folder options: View. Then un-check "hide extensions for known file types".

Create a new text file. paste the commands in. save. rename the file extension to .bat. Double-click to run. Let it finish.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
arp -d *
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

Make sure you have windows option to show all file extensions 'on'. In windows explorer, go to: Tools: Folder options: View. Then un-check "hide extensions for known file types".

Create a new text file. paste the commands in. save. rename the file extension to .bat. Double-click to run. Let it finish.

Thanks, foggy. Very simple instruction of which I can easily follow.

@Goxed No dns. This is for my personal computer, and the problem didn't effect the other 4 in this household. We have Comcast.

Thanks again, both of you.

Bruno
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: