Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:47:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question for Bitcoin Maximalist  (Read 1286 times)
MyownBoss (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:20:04 PM

*I've been up for 30 Hours, Please forgive grammar mistakes and small scuffs in my logic.*

So im sitting here and I'm listening to all of these Bitcoin advocates, a few being Roger Ver, Erik Voorhees, etc etc and they are preaching about the inevitability of bitcoin becoming "the" global currency in the face of widespread collapse of the banking system (paraphrasing).
While at first that made sense to me, if fiat fails why wouldn't people convert to bitcoin. Thats where that B.S for the $1 Million dollar btc comes from. BEST CASE SCENARIO for btc adoption right? Well not quite.
We know that Bitcoin is not truly decentralized, it's the closest thing we have but lets face it, the fact that one country(a few pools) controls the  most of the ENTIRE network's hash rate is a failure of decentralization. I will call it "Geographic Centralization". My only issue with geographic centralization is that a bitcoin revolution could easily be shut down by a governing body, and if that does occur the network would be crippled after losing 70% of the hash rate.

So with that being said. I present two scenarios

A:IF Mass adoption* occurs then the centralized systems (or players) will consolidate their position "reducing incentive for other nodes" thus the centralized system would become more centralized and 1-3 pools would be responsible for securing a network ~300x bigger than today. Not to mention the adoption would raise the price of a bitcoin and thus the incentive for an attack (51% or otherwise) on the centralized system.

B: If Bitcoin were to "remain" true to Nakamoto's ideals, mass adoption could not occur. The sole reason bitcoin has grown in such a way is because miners constantly have incentive to secure the network(a comparatively small network). When the incentive disappears ("Halving") coupled with the consistent growth of ASICs, only the biggest miners will be able to continue securing the network, leading to the geographic centralization we spoke of. In the face of a crashing economy do you really think the government would allow an anonymous P2P system that completely undermines their control to be secured on it's soil?

I would dress this up and make it look pretty but im tired and just want opinions. My question is how can bitcoin sensible avoid these two scenarios? Soooo guys and gals fire away Smiley

*Mass adoption = Use by 20-30% of the globe.

Rule #1:Never lose money.
Rule #2: Never forget #
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beastmodeBiscuitGravy

Activity: 181

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:42:07 PM

When facing a potential adversary with trillions of defense $ at its disposal (and nuclear weapons). You have two options:

1. Security through Ubiquity   (So widely used in the world economy as to be important for its continued function.)

2. Security through Obscurity   (Small enough that state actors won't bother with it.)

The network is secured by warehouses full of gear burning MW's of electricity, their locations are known. Nodes publicly broadcast their IPs. PoW protects us from certain attackers, but not from state level actors.

We're going to stick with 1MB blocks and keep on rollin' with option 2.

Nakamoto's ideals were actually option 1, but we can thank Gregory Maxwell for demonstrating Satoshi was wrong and changing course back to 2.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:42:49 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 10:19:29 PM by iamnotback

I think the OP was reading my posts in another thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1502768.msg15136683#msg15136683

Also TPTB_need_war's posts in the  "Bitcoin IS destroyed" thread.

When facing a potential adversary with trillions of defense $ at its disposal (and nuclear weapons). You have two options:

1. Security through Ubiquity   (So widely used in the world economy as to be important for its continued function.)

2. Security through Obscurity   (Small enough that state actors won't bother with it.)

The network is secured by warehouses full of gear burning MW's of electricity, their locations are known. Nodes publicly broadcast their IPs. PoW protects us from certain attackers, but not from state level actors.

Nakamoto's ideals were actually option 1, but we can thank Gregory Maxwell for demonstrating Satoshi was wrong and changing course back to 2.

How do you calculate that Blockstream is for small blocks  Huh

Blockstream is for making sure they and the Chinese mining cartel control how fast the block size increases, so they can squeeze maximum transactions fees that the market will bear. You could read the Reddit discussion between Professor Jorge Stolfi and TPTB_need_war, which explained this.

And SegWit is all about centralization of validation, so that we get a 666 enslavement system. Do you think the powers-that-be invested $70 million in Blockstream for no reason. Come on. You don't think (Mr. ZIRP and Russian oligarchy maker) Larry Summers (who is on the board of 21 Inc.), Peter Thiel (BitPay, gifted $100k to Vitalik @ Ethereum, etc), and other banksters elite are in on that. Come on.

There is only one possible way you defeat those bastards. And that is to make something so popular, that can't be centralized. Once it is very popular, they will have a difficult time taking it away from the people.

Even the French presidential candidate Le Pen, is advocating banning Bitcoin because she has realized AnonyMint was correct in 2013 when he wrote Bitcoin : The Digital Kill Switch:

http://www.coindesk.com/french-presidential-hopeful-bitcoin-ban/

Some people are starting to realize that Bitcoin is a Trojan Horse planted to force nation-states off of cash and into a digital enslavement.
MyownBoss (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:07:09 PM

1. Security through Ubiquity   (So widely used in the world economy as to be important for its continued function.)

2. Security through Obscurity   (Small enough that state actors won't bother with it.)

Thanks for the input

MyownBoss (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:09:51 PM

I think the OP was reading my posts in another thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1502768.msg15136683#msg15136683

Also TPTB_need_war's posts in the  "Bitcoin IS destroyed" thread.

I certainly wasn't inspired by either of those.Those threads are rancid, i just go there to post memes Smiley

iamnotback

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:15:00 PM

I certainly wasn't inspired by either of those, those threads are rancid.

In what way are they 'rancid'?

And how would you refute the post I've made in this thread?

How long have you been studying Bitcoin, because I don't think you realize who I am and how much I know. Here are just few examples to raise your awareness of my technical superiority:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504601.msg15143765#msg15143765

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504381.msg15138357#msg15138357

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.msg15111595#msg15111595

Do you claim you are any where near as qualified as I am  Huh

Cuidler

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:21:51 PM

So im sitting here and I'm listening to all of these Bitcoin advocates, a few being Roger Ver, Erik Voorhees, etc etc and they are preaching about the inevitability of bitcoin becoming "the" global currency in the face of widespread collapse of the banking system (paraphrasing).

I will call it "Geographic Centralization". My only issue with geographic centralization is that a bitcoin revolution could easily be shut down by a governing body, and if that does occur the network would be crippled after losing 70% of the hash rate.

I dont believe it happens in our lives, but complete collapse of the banking system and Bitcoin replacement probably mean collapse of centralized forms of governments as well. Afterall, one of the function of current governments is issue currency and keep monopoly on this. Because fiat currency is not backed by gold but just government protection, it makes sence Bitcoin can become  "the" global currency replacing all fiat currencies only after current forms of governments are transformed to ones with less power thus no control over currency anymore (so your argument "shut down by a governing body" might not apply as well if future governments dont have much actual power at all).

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:27:55 PM

I will call it "Geographic Centralization". My only issue with geographic centralization is that a bitcoin revolution could easily be shut down by a governing body, and if that does occur the network would be crippled after losing 70% of the hash rate.

I dont believe it happens in our lives, but complete collapse of the banking system probably mean collapse of centralized forms of governments as well. Afterall, one of the function of current governments is issue currency and keep monopoly on this. Because fiat currency is not backed by gold but just government protection, it makes sence Bitcoin can become  "the" global currency replacing all fiat currencies only after current forms of governments are transformed to ones with less power thus no control over curency anymore (so your argument "shut down by a governing body" might not apply as well if future governments dont have much actual power at all).
A collapse of the fiat banking system would definitely be a blow to the governments, but if they were to play it out correctly there would be less total collapse and more authoritarian government until something was fixed. The wouldn't let their power and countries collapse, so a lot of countries would get aggressive against their own people and make sure there was next to no dissent, or at least not on the surface.

It would be a blow to the confidence of the people though, and would likely make a lot of them question the legitimacy of fiat dollars.
MyownBoss (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:30:46 PM

I certainly wasn't inspired by either of those, those threads are rancid.

In what way are they 'rancid'?

And how would you refute the post I've made in this thread?

How long have you been studying Bitcoin, because I don't think you realize who I am and how much I know. Here are just few examples to raise your awareness of my technical superiority:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504601.msg15143765#msg15143765

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504381.msg15138357#msg15138357

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.msg15111595#msg15111595

Do you claim you are any where near as qualified as I am  Huh

As in the thread smells like last week's fish.

In this thread? No I'm not here to refute anyones expertise, just came here for a logical discussion but since you asked lol you actually just restated my point with real world examples "Chinese mining cartels" "Segwit" etc. But umm 70 MIllion dollars from "the powers-that-be" isn't that much actually. Certainly isn't enough to monopolize bitcoin.

I've been studying Cryptocurrencies since 2013, I don't know who you are and i honestly don't care that much lol i did check your references though. With such "Technical superiority" your modesty is astounding.

and last but not least...NOPE, i never claimed to be qualified. Just presenting a casual observation.

MyownBoss (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:33:26 PM

I dont believe it happens in our lives, but complete collapse of the banking system and Bitcoin replacement probably mean collapse of centralized forms of governments as well. Afterall, one of the function of current governments is issue currency and keep monopoly on this. Because fiat currency is not backed by gold but just government protection, it makes sence Bitcoin can become  "the" global currency replacing all fiat currencies only after current forms of governments are transformed to ones with less power thus no control over currency anymore (so your argument "shut down by a governing body" might not apply as well if future governments dont have much actual power at all).

Well darn, if thats what it takes for mass adoption you can keep it Smiley

iamnotback

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:34:22 PM

But umm 70 MIllion dollars from "the powers-that-be" isn't that much actually. Certainly isn't enough to monopolize bitcoin.

It is when Blockstream are the Bitcoin core devs. And have cooperated with the Chinese mining cartel to block adoption of Bitcoin XT and Classic.

Don't be offended by lack of modesty when you are the presence of someone who is expert. Learn to appreciate that they share their scarce time for you.

I don't have to time to beat around the bush.

You ego is much less important than the subject matter here, which is very serious and impacts the enslavement of all of mankind by Bitcoin.

What is your age? I am 51. You sound like you are young Gen Y or Millennial. They are often emotional basketcases, always concerned about ego and not about the seriousness of the issues we face.
MyownBoss (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:35:30 PM

I dont believe it happens in our lives, but complete collapse of the banking system probably mean collapse of centralized forms of governments as well. Afterall, one of the function of current governments is issue currency and keep monopoly on this. Because fiat currency is not backed by gold but just government protection, it makes sence Bitcoin can become  "the" global currency replacing all fiat currencies only after current forms of governments are transformed to ones with less power thus no control over curency anymore (so your argument "shut down by a governing body" might not apply as well if future governments dont have much actual power at all).
A collapse of the fiat banking system would definitely be a blow to the governments, but if they were to play it out correctly there would be less total collapse and more authoritarian government until something was fixed. The wouldn't let their power and countries collapse, so a lot of countries would get aggressive against their own people and make sure there was next to no dissent, or at least not on the surface.

It would be a blow to the confidence of the people though, and would likely make a lot of them question the legitimacy of fiat dollars.

@MingLee Thanks for the input

MyownBoss (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:38:35 PM

But umm 70 MIllion dollars from "the powers-that-be" isn't that much actually. Certainly isn't enough to monopolize bitcoin.

It is when Blockstream are the Bitcoin core devs. And have cooperated with the Chinese mining cartel to block adoption of Bitcoin XT and Classic.

Don't be offended by lack of modesty when you are the presence of someone who is expert. Learn to appreciate that they share their scarce time for you.

I don't have to time to beat around the bush.

...Riveting...

well thanks for your time now that you've said your 2 satoshi, let another "Expert" state their piece pls and thx Smiley

iamnotback

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:40:13 PM

well thanks for your time now that you've said your 2 satoshi, let another "Expert" state their piece pls and thx Smiley

So it is all about your ego and not serious. Got it. You must be under age 30. Have fun with your toys.
MyownBoss (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:44:19 PM

You ego is much less important than the subject matter here, which is very serious and impacts the enslavement of all of mankind by Bitcoin.

What is your age? I am 51. You sound like you are young Gen Y or Millennial. They are often emotional basketcases, always concerned about ego and not about the seriousness of the issues we face.

...and this is why your threads end up rancid. This isn't about me, my age, or my emotional state XD now please let this thread be a place of logical discussion not 'ad hominem' B.S

BTW i dont think ego means what you think it does...

Ego:a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance. This is about your ego Mt.Technical Superiority Smiley

iamnotback

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:47:58 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 11:00:28 PM by iamnotback

It is about you failing to respond to any of my technical points and wanting to just ignore the reality.

You don't want to have substantive debate with an expert.

Seems you are offended by something. I asked you what is 'rancid' in the other thread I linked to which had expressed some of the same logic as your OP, and you said the threads smell like fish. That isn't a very substantive response. You are all fluff. How about focusing in on the issues instead. I raised many issues and you seem to not be interested even though they are directly related to your OP.

Any way, I don't care. Enjoy what ever you are doing with this thread.

The reason I mentioned ego is in response to your statement, " With such "Technical superiority" your modesty is astounding.". I asked you to be aware of my knowledge set and not brush off my comments nonchalantly. You got offended by my lack of modesty.

It seems you don't comprehend the seriousness of the situation facing the world right now. When you are stuck in a 666 enslavement system some years from now, it will be too late to get your freedom back.

I have been working night and day for many years to prevent that from happening. You made an OP that seemed to recognize that Bitcoin is in a dilemma. I am making you aware that it was designed to be in that dilemma. Because it is designed to enslave the world.

I have studied the consensus design and even explained that Satoshi didn't solve the Byzantine Generals Problem. I have studied the SegWit and other changes being made to Bitcoin. There is a pattern to all of this.

I was one of the first explaining what you OP acknowledges. I was writing that as early as 2014.
MyownBoss (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:55:19 PM

It is about you failing to respond to any of my technical points and wanting to just ignore the reality.

Seems you are offended by something.

No i don't want to have a debate, i had a question.

"My question is how can bitcoin sensible avoid these two scenarios?"

THis was your only "decent" response to my question

"There is only one possible way you defeat those bastards. And that is to make something so popular, that can't be centralized. Once it is very popular, they will have a difficult time taking it away from the people."

which as I have already discussed is illogical. The more popular BTC becomes the more centralized it will become. Why would "The People" host a node if all it does is cost them money? The People wont save BTC from centralization. If they could have they would have already and we wouldn't be looking at this geographic collection of power in China. So yea you offended me by ignoring logic and posting B.S in this thread...

iamnotback

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:57:47 PM

No i don't want to have a debate, i had a question.

"My question is how can bitcoin sensible avoid these two scenarios?"

THis was your only "decent" response to my question

"There is only one possible way you defeat those bastards. And that is to make something so popular, that can't be centralized. Once it is very popular, they will have a difficult time taking it away from the people."

which as I have already discussed is illogical. The more popular BTC becomes the more centralized it will become. Why would "The People" host a node if all it does is cost them money? The People wont save BTC from centralization. If they could have they would have already and we wouldn't be looking at this geographic collection of power in China. So yea you offended me by ignoring logic and posting B.S in this thread...

Re-read my prior post. Then understand my suggestion is about the fact that we must replace Bitcoin with a design that can scale decentralized. I am the person who is building that design.

You don't know me well, if you can ever catch me writing something illogical, that will be very, very rare. If you think I wrote something illogical, it means you did not understand.
MyownBoss (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:00:13 PM

Seems you are offended by something. I asked you what is 'rancid' in the other thread I linked to which had expressed some of the same logic as your OP, and you said the threads smell like fish. That isn't a very substantive response. You are all fluff. How about focusing in on the issues instead. I raised many issues and you seem to not be interested even though they are directly related to your OP.

Any way, I don't care. Enjoy what ever you are doing with this thread.

The reason I mentioned ego is in response to your statement, " With such "Technical superiority" your modesty is astounding.". I asked you to be aware of my knowledge set and not brush off my comments nonchalantly. You got offended by my lack of modesty.

It seems you don't comprehend the seriousness of the situation facing the world right now. When you are stuck in a 666 enslavement system some years from now, it will be too late to get your freedom back.

I have been working night and day for many years to prevent that from happening. You made an OP that seemed to recognize that Bitcoin is in dilemma. I am making you aware that it was designed to be in that dilemma. Because it is designed to enslave the world.

I have studied the consensus design and even explained that Satoshi didn't solve the Byzantine Generals Problem. I have studied the SegWit and other changes being made to Bitcoin. There is a pattern to all of this.

Your technical expertise are appreciated elsewhere this was a logical discussion about Bitcoin and only Bitcoin's future. Not the future of the whole world.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:02:09 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 11:16:12 PM by iamnotback

Your technical expertise are appreciated elsewhere this was a logical discussion about Bitcoin and only Bitcoin's future. Not the future of the whole world.

Bitcoin can't be fixed. The issue that your OP explains in insoluble. You can only hope to replace it. Bitcoin will be scaled up centralized. And it will enslave the world. Period. That is the answer.

I offered another option, but you don't want to discuss it. So end of thread.

The centralized Bitcoin won't be 51% attacked bcz those controlling it will have the 666 control system they designed Bitcoin to accomplish. In the transitionary phase now, the Chinese miners will be handed lots of wealth as the process of centralizing mining proceeds. We can't say every Chinese miner today knows he is part of the ultimate plan. We can't even say the Blockstream devs know they are part of some diabolical plan. They are just trying to fix a design that can't be fixed without restarting from scratch. Compartmentalization is the modus operandi of the DEEP STATE. This is a process. The DEEP STATE that designed Bitcoin has a plan over years.

Our other hope is the system blows up technically. But that is why Blockstream is receiving so much funding, because they probably have the expertise to centralize Bitcoin sufficiently whil still being able to give some illusion of decentralization for sufficient time that Bitcoin maximalists fall into the trap, of which SegWit is a major step in that direction.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: