Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:09:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal Stops Operating in Turkey, Online Payment Sector Turns to Bitcoin  (Read 1288 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6105

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:33:51 AM

With Turkey residents losing a convenient option for sending and receiving payments online, the country’s online payment sector is gradually yielding to a free control market with the uptake in Bitcoin use.

You can read more about it : http://cointelegraph.com/news/paypal-stops-operating-in-turkey-online-payment-sector-turns-to-bitcoin

Bitcoin 1-0 Paypal.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:37:00 AM

This is a repost. Give me a minute, ill find the previous one for you.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D1502521.0&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiY36Shh53NAhWEL6YKHaGUAjUQFggIMAI&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNF9RSJrW5vZ7cxCMgpa5e3ChqAtJw

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:42:46 AM

With Turkey residents losing a convenient option for sending and receiving payments online, the country’s online payment sector is gradually yielding to a free control market with the uptake in Bitcoin use.

You can read more about it : http://cointelegraph.com/news/paypal-stops-operating-in-turkey-online-payment-sector-turns-to-bitcoin

Bitcoin 1-0 Paypal.

hahaha that is a nice news. paypal has been known to be a bad service for online payments specially with their customer support when you are a victim of charge back and soon even if they don't ban a country people will switch to other methods of payment like bitcoin.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 08:58:23 AM

This is a different article, so it might be fine?

Anyway, stuff like this could really boost the adoption of Bitcoin by merchants. Unless we see some restrictions being imposed on the usage of Bitcoin in Turkey.
You just never know with Erdogan.

yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:17:48 AM

Bitcoin 1-0 Paypal.
Again and again,bitcon lead from Paypal,and now europan country stop using Paypal,its a big slapt for Paypal,and i wish some countries follow Turkey to take future on their own.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:33:06 AM

Wishful thinking. 2.7 million is still somewhere around nothing in a country of that size even if some growth is encouraging. If the Turkish government shut them down then the Turkish government is gonna provide a local alternative.
biggus dickus

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:50:37 AM

Wishful thinking. 2.7 million is still somewhere around nothing in a country of that size even if some growth is encouraging. If the Turkish government shut them down then the Turkish government is gonna provide a local alternative.

China has alipay which is its largest third-party online payment solution. Similarly Turkey might invent its own alternative to paypal. However, if that alternative integrates Bitcoin into its system it could be bullish.
andromeda876

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:59:14 AM

Yes paypal gone from turkey it is so important for bitcoin but turkish people dont know enough about how bitcoin  use and what can they do with bitcoin because of they need to learn more about bitcoin if they learn about bitcoin they will start to use in every area this is chance for bitcoin responsible people of bitcoin in turkey have to do some project for this problem
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1499

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 11:00:57 AM

Bitcoin 1-0 Paypal.

This is what happen when a govt try to over regulate its people. Paypal was a legitimate way to send and receive money and govt was earning taxes on it. Now that it has stopped, people will definitely turn to bitcoin and transact anonymously. Govt will loose the taxes.

Anyway people will give it a damn because nowadays there are so many options available to transact online and people are not at all dependent to paypal alone. RIP turkey govt logic!

eyeknock

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 11:42:11 AM

maybe this could be like a lesson for others countries, but my feeling is like in the next years, we will see how govs start to jump into bitcoin in some way...

btw, this is another one good news for bitcoin, for sure, maybe paypal could learn the lesson too and start using bitcoin Wink
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:33:35 PM

Wow! Bitcoin is really starting to surpass Paypal. Well that's not impossible since Bitcoin has the edge in terms of convenience, fast transaction, and low fees.

I like this phrase mentioned by Bitwala
We believe that people, not the government, should have full ownership and control of their money and have the freedom to choose how they want to handle their financials.

We all want financial freedom. We don't want the fruits of our harwork  be controlled by the government and be taxable. That's one of the reasons why we want bitcoin. However in my opinion, if bitcoin become a legal currency worldwide, I think government will still take part on it.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 01:01:03 PM

the only reason why Paypal is still alive and working is that it was one of the first payment processors who started working online and has grown in popularity over this many years.

other than this i don't really see how paypal is better than bitcoin, they really aren't even comparable

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 01:07:59 PM

Bitcoin 1-0 Paypal.

Wow its a good news to our bitcoin community its help to introduce bitcoin in many people there and i think if all of online transaction made of bitcoin transaction in turkey theres a possibility that many country will use it too as a second option if paypal cant use in their country. But i think if they use it and they gain some information how to earn it they use it as a first option of payment in their country.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 01:32:37 PM

This sounds like good news but i fear that in a country like turkey with a dictator like edogan in power it wont last for long before the heavy hand is laid down.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:00:39 PM

Do you guys think now that PayPal has exited the Turkish market they will turn to Bitcoin or will develop a local alternative to PayPal? I haven't heard of any famous Turkish payment processor so maybe the government will try to develop one now from the ground up so as to accommodate the business needs of the Turkish companies and citizens? But it would be great if Turkey recognized Bitcoin as a legitimate digital currency and implemented it as an official payment method for online and offline purchases. This will probably have a positive impact on the price and make it to increase.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:07:00 PM

This is indeed an amazing opportunity for Bitcoin. It will definitely show people that we can fill PayPal's gap quite nicely. The sad thing is, when PayPal is able to renew its license there, most people will probably go back to PayPal. I just hope merchants keep both payment options... Smiley
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:14:45 PM

Well a Turkish bitcoin exchange has been set up:

http://www.coindesk.com/btcturk-becomes-the-first-turkish-lira-to-bitcoin-exchange/

So they're good to go!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:26:00 PM

I think this is a really good development for bitcoin, it gains a lot of attention in turkey and even n the rest of the world.

on /r/turkey subreddit (or something) they even discussed this. So it's not even only limited to bitcoin-related forums and subreddits.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:37:07 PM

Indeed great news!
Decentralized network aka Bitcoin 1 - 0 centralized service aka Paypal
Let that be a lesson to everyone!
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:52:33 PM

Great news for Bitcoin but hardly good news for Turkish citizens.
Lately I've been hearing some alarming news about Turkish government and its tensions with other countries mostly Germany and Russia.
Now I see they are problems with internal affairs too, because, let's be honest - how many countries have law so harsh that Paypal is forced to leave?

I wouldn't be surprised that Ankara will try to ban bitcoin in near future too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: