Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:18:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Estimate the minimum TX fee to get a tx into thr blocks 420,000 or 420,001!  (Read 522 times)
Sir_lagsalot (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 09:49:54 AM

Title. Ive seen so many bitcointalkers saying they'll make a transaction on the halving block. So how much will it cost to get a tx into this block?

Let's assume -
- The block is full
- There is a high interest to get a transaction into this block
- You are making a 1 input 1 output transaction

I'm going to say a 0.0007-0.001 fee
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 10:10:50 AM

- The block is full
The chance of that is high.

They may or may not be. I don't think having a TX included into that block is anything special.

Bad assumption. If we have learned anything, then we know that the majority of the TX's are much bigger. If anyone is wondering how they would create a TX with 1 input and 1 output: e.g. Pick 1 input, send to exact same amount to another address while deducting the fee from the amount (there must be no change).

Random numbers don't help.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Sir_lagsalot (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:40:13 AM

Bad assumption. If we have learned anything, then we know that the majority of the TX's are much bigger. If anyone is wondering how they would create a TX with 1 input and 1 output: e.g. Pick 1 input, send to exact same amount to another address while deducting the fee from the amount (there must be no change).
My bad. Didn't think that through. A guestimate from me would be one to find 5 inputs (That's how many addresses I have with unspent balances rn) and 2 outputs.

Random numbers don't help.

I wouldn't say it was totally random. I've once gotten a 0.0005 tx (one input two outputs) delayed 3 blocks.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 12:45:42 PM

My bad. Didn't think that through. A guestimate from me would be one to find 5 inputs (That's how many addresses I have with unspent balances rn) and 2 outputs.
It really comes down to how people use it. I tend to 'consolidate' multiple inputs from the same address from time to time. I would be interested in some statistics though (e.g. average amount of inputs and outputs per TX).

I wouldn't say it was totally random. I've once gotten a 0.0005 tx (one input two outputs) delayed 3 blocks.
And where is the math behind it? You can't just predict such a number based on your own (past trends). In either case, you'd have to choose a TX size (e.g. 500 bytes) and then try to calculate the necessary (estimated) fees required to get it included into that specific block.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 01:23:52 PM

Its nothing speacial but some people like to be able to say, " i had a transaction in the halving block"  but it will be very hard to get it there in my opinion without a good transaction fee.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 01:36:00 PM

I expect some enterprising miner will be offering possible slots for a premium fee. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:03:30 PM

Saying people will purposefully target their transaction to the halving block is probably just speculation... It's most likely that people will simply transact like they used to, whenever they want without worrying about halvings Cheesy I'd say it will be as hard to include a transaction on the halving block as it is on any other block...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:07:11 PM

you definitely wont see many small transactions in the halving block.
the reason people want to put a transaction in there is because they also want to write a "message" in the block..
so many people will not be just making 1 input  output transactions.. (well not that many people did before, but especially not in some milestone blocks)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:07:38 PM

Title. Ive seen so many bitcointalkers saying they'll make a transaction on the halving block. So how much will it cost to get a tx into this block?

Let's assume -
- The block is full

all of that would be useless unless you know how the number of unconfirmed transactions and the average fee they're paying. for all we know someone might spam 1000 1KB transactions with 0.01 fee each.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:12:05 PM

Saying people will purposefully target their transaction to the halving block is probably just speculation... It's most likely that people will simply transact like they used to, whenever they want without worrying about halvings Cheesy I'd say it will be as hard to include a transaction on the halving block as it is on any other block...

theres over 2million bitcoiners.. so you are right. we wont see many(compared to entire community) people do it.. but we could easily see a couple thousand people do it. and knowing the average transaction is ~500bytes the block would be full with just a couple thousand transactions,

remember people will do it to add a "message" into the block. so dont expect it to be just 1input-1output transactions.

but what would be a bit of comedy is if a pool SPV mines a block and gets to solve the 420,000 block before the 2 minutes are up where they would usually start adding transactions. meaning its a 'empty block'

alot of people will be upset if the halving block had no transactions in it and all the "messages" ended up in the next block

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:22:19 PM

i was planning to include a fee of at least 0.02btc to get my fun tx included in the first 12.5btc block as i thought that would be cool, but i will not do it as i don't see the need for this. my guess is that people will throw with around 0.01-0.05btc to get themself included in the last 25btc and/or the first 12.5btc block.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:13:32 PM

theres over 2million bitcoiners.. so you are right. we wont see many(compared to entire community) people do it.. but we could easily see a couple thousand people do it. and knowing the average transaction is ~500bytes the block would be full with just a couple thousand transactions,

Nothing new here, not hard to fill the block Cheesy

but what would be a bit of comedy is if a pool SPV mines a block and gets to solve the 420,000 block before the 2 minutes are up where they would usually start adding transactions. meaning its a 'empty block'

alot of people will be upset if the halving block had no transactions in it and all the "messages" ended up in the next block

Well, too bad Smiley It's a "risk" that people face. It's also possible that blocks 419999 and 420000 are mined a second apart... Pretty much anything can happen, thus why I think not many people will really be bothered to point their transactions to the halving block.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: