Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:43:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Namecoin wallet help  (Read 3232 times)
zif33rs (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:54:22 PM

Hello...I have just started to mine and seem to be well on my way. I have set up my bitcoin wallet and have guiminer running at 540 Mhash\s. Smiley  I joined Slush's pool and you can add a namecoin wallet...this is where my problem starts. I downloaded and installed namecoind to set up my wallet..windows 8(ya..im a newb) does not seem to like it..but running it in compatibility mode for win 7 seems to work. anyway...after extracting..setting up the config file and root folder I ran it and then opened cmd prompt, went to the directory and did getinfo.

C:\Namecoin>namecoind getinfo
error: You must set rpcpassword=<password> in the configuration file:
C:/Users/***edit***/AppData/Roaming/Namecoin/bitcoin.conf
If the file does not exist, create it with owner-readable-only file permissions.

I have tried every password I can think of in the config file...where am I going wrong?

what should these value's be?   rpcuser=?   rpcpassword=?    my login and pw for my worker?  just a random name and pw? 

Any value's I have tried dont seem to work and generate that error above.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 
zif

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:51:46 PM

right from what i know about it (rather little if im honest) go into C:\users\username\appdata\Roaming\namecoin
there create a file named bitcoin.conf

the easiest way i found to do this was to copy a .conf file from somewhere on the system such as the reaper miner then copy that .conf file to the namecoin
folder rename it to bitcoin

iv done most of that work for you here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t6s9b2
or should that link die this link should stay active
http://mc.tt/f2Ml3cSaaH

drop it into the namecoin folder above open the file with notepad and there change the username and passowrd to what you want your username and password to be

then run namecoin like you did and thats as far as i got

if you want to go further theres more instructions at
http://dot-bit.org/InstallAndConfigureNamecoin

zif33rs (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 07:46:24 PM

thanks for the reply. I have the .config set up(I think)..was just having problems after that. now tried running C:\Namecoin>namecoind.exe and the cursor is just flashing at me. going to let it run awhile and see if its downloading the blockchain.

Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
zif33rs (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 03:41:06 PM

I still haven't been able to install a namecoin wallet. Not sure if its a win8 problem or what. Seems to me that its not "extracting" right. After extracting to C:\Namecoin the .exe icon dosent change from the little square piece of paper looking icon to something else like it does on a normal extraction. I really dont know what to do at this point. Anyone want to "lend" me their wallet?  :p

kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 03:56:52 PM

one way to have namecoin wallet is register at

https://btc-e.com/

and use the deposit namecoin address.

zif33rs (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:05:53 PM

+1   ^     thanks  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: