Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:29:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Password not working on Blockchain.info  (Read 1744 times)
JB0011 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:23:52 AM

Hey guys,

Everything was okay the last time I accessed my wallet in Blockchain.info. Today I tried to do it again about an hour or two ago and the Blockchain site seemed to be down. I checked on downforeveryoneorjustme.com and the site was down. I tried again after some time and the site was okay. Then I tried to login and it started saying that password is incorrect. I have been using the same password for the last few months and it's saved in notepad so I just copy paste and sometimes it sends me an email and I have to click a link before I can login. I have been trying and trying but the password is not working and it is the exact same password I have been using for months now.

I checked my Yahoo account activity. No suspicious logins.
I checked my wallet's balance and it's still there and no transactions have been made other than the last one I made.

This makes me think that it hasn't been hacked. Otherwise why would the hacker leave the money there even for a second. But for some reason, the Blockchain thinks I am entering the wrong password when I am 100% sure its the correct one. I tried copy/pasting. I tried typing it myself. Everything. Not working.

I do not have the wallet back up. But I have that long phrase of weird words.

What can I do? I really need to access that money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 02:30:19 AM

You could check your emails. They often send out emails containing your wallet backup.

It's possible your wallet may have become corrupted somehow, or if you were storing that password in notepad, you might have edited it by mistake and saved it.

Maybe the most important thing to realise is that there are two blockchain.info's now. There's the legacy wallet, and the new (beta) wallet. If you migrated over, you use the new beta wallet, if you haven't, you use the legacy login.

JB0011 (OP)

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:36:46 AM

No backup of the wallet.

Not sure about wallet being corrupted - what does that mean? But I'm sure the password is correct. 100% sure about that.

Have always been using legacy login. This time trying with both legacy and new login. But its not working.

P.S. I have wallet backup of another wallet. But its encrypted. And I don't remember the password. Any chance I can get the coins back from this wallet?
ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 04:07:22 AM

No backup of the wallet.

Not sure about wallet being corrupted - what does that mean? But I'm sure the password is correct. 100% sure about that.

Have always been using legacy login. This time trying with both legacy and new login. But its not working.

P.S. I have wallet backup of another wallet. But its encrypted. And I don't remember the password. Any chance I can get the coins back from this wallet?
Bro try to recover it by using your email.recovery in your blockchain
cookiemonster07

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 04:17:07 AM

If your password is not working try to reset your password and check your email.
My tip to is try to save your user and password in your browser to easy to login easily to your account Wink
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:26:53 PM

Backup your wallet next time, you cant just trust your money to 3rd parties cant you.

At least have an emergency recovery if all shit fails. Backup is very important.

At this point you should try email recovery or 2fa recovery, otherwise it will be hard to prove that you own the money.

bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3489

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:37:10 PM

Hey guys,

Everything was okay the last time I accessed my wallet in Blockchain.info. Today I tried to do it again about an hour or two ago and the Blockchain site seemed to be down. I checked on downforeveryoneorjustme.com and the site was down. I tried again after some time and the site was okay. Then I tried to login and it started saying that password is incorrect. I have been using the same password for the last few months and it's saved in notepad so I just copy paste and sometimes it sends me an email and I have to click a link before I can login. I have been trying and trying but the password is not working and it is the exact same password I have been using for months now.

I checked my wallet's balance and it's still there and no transactions have been made other than the last one I made.

This makes me think that it hasn't been hacked. Otherwise why would the hacker leave the money there even for a second. But for some reason, the Blockchain thinks I am entering the wrong password when I am 100% sure its the correct one. I tried copy/pasting. I tried typing it myself. Everything. Not working.

try also other passwords, older one for example, try to remember if you have make even a change on your account.

But I have that long phrase of weird words.

You can't access also with your long phrase? Don't understand sorry....

and next time yes you need absolutely to backup your wallet! + a 2FA !

Backup your wallet next time, you cant just trust your money to 3rd parties cant you.

At least have an emergency recovery if all shit fails. Backup is very important.

At this point you should try email recovery or 2fa recovery, otherwise it will be hard to prove that you own the money.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
klabanus

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:44:47 PM

I have the same problem currently. Were you able to find a solution?
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:55:29 AM

Hey guys,

If you have the long weird words and if you are talking about the old blockchain.info wallet , its the memnonic phrase you have there and its no problem if you cannot login with your password. Try to restore your wallet with this words or try to import this wallet via these words to some desktop wallets which accepts doing this. I am not 100% sure but it appears that Electrum wallet offer such thing via the Import Wallet option.
If you are talking about the new blockchain wallet and have these weird words it means you have the seed and you can recover this wallet easily from any PC by just using these words.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: