Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:29:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Members with many accounts  (Read 1299 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:28:37 AM

It is trivial for someone to avoid detection of being an alt of another account, even by an experienced administrator with access to IP/browser information. Without going into detail as to how to avoid detection,

Please, everybody knows how to use a VPN, we're on Bitcointalk, for Christ's sake.
Maybe not how to use a VPN in a way to avoid as appearing to be the same user as when you connected to the forum at another time.

Also there are a very large number of people on here that have very bad security practices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:32:13 AM

It is trivial for someone to avoid detection of being an alt of another account, even by an experienced administrator with access to IP/browser information. Without going into detail as to how to avoid detection,

Please, everybody knows how to use a VPN, we're on Bitcointalk, for Christ's sake.
Maybe not how to use a VPN in a way to avoid as appearing to be the same user as when you connected to the forum at another time.

Also there are a very large number of people on here that have very bad security practices.

That is true, however, a large portion of Bitcoin users spend time on TOR. I do not use a VPN, I am very transparent as to where I live as well as my activities. However, there was a time when I made an anonymous post using a new account. It is possible to do it, most are just too lazy to.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:33:22 AM

I'm sure you'd know it better.Your's is a bought account anyway,account sold to you in February.Its ironic how the post is about people like yo endorsing scams around the forum by selling/buying of accounts and you have guts to post here.
Seems like you lost this auction for a Hero Account here.
Not really, 0.055

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
awesome31312

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 02:05:33 PM

I'm sure you'd know it better.Your's is a bought account anyway,account sold to you in February.Its ironic how the post is about people like yo endorsing scams around the forum by selling/buying of accounts and you have guts to post here.
Seems like you lost this auction for a Hero Account here.
Not really, 0.055

Yeah, I have never bought accounts, if you read the post right below it you would find out why. I cannot afford that shit, not with BTC no.

But hey, if we're going to play this game, then you should be a lot more shady to have searched the forums for auctions like those.

Let me just tell you that I am the rightful owner of this account. The email address has been assigned to my name before you were even around. Awesome31312 has been my alias everywhere.

I like how you make assumptions about my account or myself, I have barely exchanged goods and services here on Bitcointalk. Nice try though. February, where did you even get that from?

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 02:55:26 PM

I guess this is the official line on alt accounts.

I don't have a problem with alt accounts as long as they're not used for evading bans. If you're hesitant to say something controversial because you don't want it to be associated with your name, please create an alt account and say it.

The problem with that rule set is that you absolutely can use alt accounts to evade bans because the burden on proof is on the accuser, apparently. Take this guy, a prolific troll that used 27 accounts to attack specific people and companies for months on end. The initial group of accounts were permabanned, and many subsequent ones were nuked.

However even though I've provided extensive evidence that this permabanned guy is using new accounts, and using these accounts to both attack and troll, they remain unbanned even after reporting. Even when they post doxes to troll in the same thread - which is also something explicitly against the rules - they and their posts are left untouched.

I personally thought that once suspected ban evasions are highlighted, admins can easily verify it using IP information and do act on it.
Seems like that is not the case.

Didn't we all. Unfortunately we've entered an era of "the rules don't really matter any more because no ones enforcing them". We have two administrators (the only people that can permaban) and both of them are generally inactive. Theymos only logs in to administer the ad rounds now and BadBear hasn't been active in a month. It doesn't matter how active those like Lauda are when there's no one that can pull the trigger.

awesome31312

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:57:50 AM

This guy has accused me of buying this account to support scams. Throughout my time here at bitcointalk, I have been very consistent with my posting style throughout, mainly political satire, humor and psychology based. Yes, I participated in a bid to but a cheap bitcointalk account, but that was done for trading and reselling purposes. It's shameful it was used to try and impugn my integrity. I just thought I'd make this post in my defense.

mki8

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:28:43 AM

There are folks on Bitcointalk who have 2,3,5,10 or even 15 accounts and more. There are many reasons to have a bunch of accounts, fun, propaganda, signature campaigns, schizophrenia &c., you name it.

This forum is very liberal. Do you supports the forum's decision to allow this practice?

AD campaigners especially with multiple accounts are just filling the forum with dribble

somethings needs to be done asap
awesome31312

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:18:25 AM

There are folks on Bitcointalk who have 2,3,5,10 or even 15 accounts and more. There are many reasons to have a bunch of accounts, fun, propaganda, signature campaigns, schizophrenia &c., you name it.

This forum is very liberal. Do you supports the forum's decision to allow this practice?

AD campaigners especially with multiple accounts are just filling the forum with dribble

Surely, every post adds something to the discussion, just that, here, it's mostly garbage of entertainment value, especially in the gambling section. So many repeat threads of "if you.. What would you do" 

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:26:44 AM

Interesting question, bud. So interesting, I surveyed my umpteen alt accounts and over half of them trolled my fuckin' ass saying that I'm a delusional fuck. To be honest, I don't know if they were funning me or not, but I went ahead and already registered their replacement just in case they were serious. One alt of mine went as far as saying that it had a bigger dick than mine. What nerve (no pun intended)! None of my alts participate in sig campaigns, with one being a propagandaphile, thankfully the latter doesn't get out much. HAHAHA
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 09:43:15 AM

You've been spamming this same shit all morning,  maybe you should take a look in the mirror and stop being such a hypocrite. ad campaigners are here to stay.  Deal with it.

I dont condone using multiple accounts but if you want multiple accounts banned then you might as well just remove the lending section because accounts are about the only decent thing that can be used as collatera. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: