Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:51:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to delete and reinstall Electrum  (Read 790 times)
Drewski007 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 06:00:41 PM

Sorry for the sophmorish question. I lost the password and seed to my .. yet to be used Electrum Wallet.  I deleted the file from my computer , rebooted computer... yet when I reinstall it populates with my old info and I am unable to reinstall and start-a-new.  Please advise.  Help!  LOL
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 06:02:47 PM

Sorry for the sophmorish question. I lost the password and seed to my .. yet to be used Electrum Wallet.  I deleted the file from my computer , rebooted computer... yet when I reinstall it populates with my old info and I am unable to reinstall and start-a-new.  Please advise.  Help!  LOL
Just do File > New Wallet and make a new wallet.

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 06:47:52 PM

Wallets are found at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Electrum by default.

Like knightdk said, you should just create another wallet, but could always go there and delete your old one.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 08:30:26 PM

You have to turn on show hidden files and folders to see /AppData/. If you did not have the option enabled you might not be aware Electrum saves sensitive data to your hard disc. This might not be be welcome if your computer does not have the option to encrypt using a password. If you are concerned about having Electrum write to /AppData/ you can always use the portable version instead. You can store it in an encrypted container or a USB drive.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: