Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is every thread here hijacked, or merely 99%?  (Read 969 times)
Bettor (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 11:09:21 PM

What gives? If someone wants to post something 'retarded' he has every right to do so! If someone posts an offtopic 'you're retarded' reply, he should have his post removed, period.

Is this place short of moderators, or just don't understand the reason the internent has self-created these protocols over the past 20 years? (HINT: They work, anything else doesn't)

PS I just picked this topic to bitch about first, cuz it seems to be the worst waste of all our time. I'll space myself, but I haven't seen one generally accepted method of time-tested internet forum moderation 'protocols' or whatever is in place here.

Back in the day we spoke of signal to noise ratio, and everyone made an effort to strive for the highest ideal. I just read a large thread and maybe 2 posts were on-topic and several were blatant attempts to hijack the guys idea for themselves!

Times they are a changin', maybe shit-cannin exchanges and alt-coins will spread to folks demanding a place for intelligent insightful exhange of ideas without fear of ridicule or spending hours to learn "I can typing"!

Who knows.

Thanks for listening,
Dean Hughes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:32:53 AM

If someone posts an offtopic 'you're retarded' reply, he should have his post removed, period.

Absolutely. Report those posts, and PM me if they aren't removed after a few days.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Bettor (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:12:04 AM

I'm talking about all hijacked posts, if it doesn't pertain to the OP's original intent/question/comment why can't anyone just move along and let it lie? Who gives a crap about everyone's precious opinions if it doesn't serve the OP's intent?

Thanks for the quick response, btw.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 10:03:35 AM

The ignore function exists for a reason, it's a great idea for situations like this Smiley chances are if someone posted something retarded in a thread usually I see them doing it in another thread too.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 10:19:25 AM

Just be persistant, emotions and stakes are high here so every suggestion or question always step on somebodys toes.

You will eventually get a sense for which threads to post in.

Total idiots, can be quite enlighting to talk to in other topics. The ignore button is for pussys, you might miss some important news if an "idiot" has some important news!

The people that post a lot also use much of their time researching Bitcoin news on the web, so chances are that they, once in a while, know something you can't afford to miss out on.

Lot of new folks here lately, so the intellectual consensus is quite dilluted ATM. Just hang on, you'll get it.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 10:23:00 AM

The ignore function is for pussies? No, the ignore function is for people who have a life and don't want to be spammed off the forum by some moron who decides to do some internet stalking because they don't like another persons opinions.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 10:50:53 AM

Lol, I might not have a life. Of course the Ignore button has it's uses, but it's like caller ID; if you need to know who is calling before you answer the phone, you are a pussy.

Take a guy like Myrkull. I strongly resent his wiew on humanity and his theroies on politics and society. However the fact that some of his statements provokes me, says as much about me as it does about him. Actually he often puzzles me enough to get into a discussion with him, just because I need to know the reasoning behind his arguments. I always leave such a discussion with more insights than before, often still disagreeing.

I have a mental ignore button: Sometime I read up on an interesting thread and start on a rational razor sharp relpy and then just before pushing send, I come to my senses and just cancel!

Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:15:25 AM

Damn, I guess we can't hijack this one, ok guys, move along.....

On topic....

If you don't make a point, someone will make one for you. Trolls are funny, that's the point.

In Cryptography we trust.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 11:18:25 AM

Cheesy I quite happily chat to people I don't know, even the ones I disagree with, but like I said when you get internet stalked it isn't fun plus you have other conversations with people ruined too, trust me, I'm probably jumping to conclusions here but I've found the people who don't think it's a big deal probably haven't had it happened to them, there are boards I've just abandoned because of troll spam.

That's the right phrase for it! Troll spamming!
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:38:03 AM

Well,

like proposed before. We have a ignore function for that.

But the highlighting of the ignore button is not a very good indicator for which people to ignore.
There are two types of people with an highlighted ignore button:

1. The guys with controversial opinions and huge knowledge about Bitcoin --> don't ignore

2. Trolls and kindergarden kids that usually always post the same stuff consisting only of LOLs and Smilies again and again. --> Ignore if you want a smoother reading experience.

You will get the hang of it in time.

Disclaimer: I have only one person on my Ignore list. Not because he pisses me off, just because he has never posted anything that was it worth reading and just wastes my time.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 11:50:31 AM

;_; BUT I USE SMILIES AND LOLS! You haven't ignored me have you?
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:41:31 PM

;_; BUT I USE SMILIES AND LOLS! You haven't ignored me have you?

2. Trolls and kindergarden kids that usually always post the same stuff consisting only of LOLs and Smilies again and again.

Yes, it's you.  Wink

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: