Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:49:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: in your business do you accept only Bitcoin or Altcoins too?  (Read 1237 times)
tuapoma (OP)

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:36:26 AM

What is the best strategy to a startup business, accept only Bitcoin or accept Bitcoin and some Altcoins?

I'm accepting Bitcoin and DASH in my startup. But it is the best strategy?

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tintumon

Activity: 364

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:17:55 AM

What is the best strategy to a startup business, accept only Bitcoin or accept Bitcoin and some Altcoins?

cheers
I would stick with Bitcoins for startups as alt coins are too volatile
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:51:11 AM

cheers

BTC price has moved up ~$100 bucks or more in a month or so, that is Volatile and can just as easy reverse direction next month.

If you are running a Business, and you need to pay bills in Fiat , you really have no option but to convert to Fiat as soon as you receive it.
Which means you can take any crypto as long as it is immediately converted to Fiat.

If you are an investor , you are using money that is not needed to pay bills , so you can buy and hold whatever crypto you believe has the best chance for success , until you decide it succeeded  or failed.

Never confuse an investment with running a business, it is a quick way to lose both.

Cool
ofortuna

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:05:09 AM

cheers

BTC price has moved up ~$100 bucks or more in a month or so, that is Volatile and can just as easy reverse direction next month.

If you are running a Business, and you need to pay bills in Fiat , you really have no option but to convert to Fiat as soon as you receive it.
Which means you can take any crypto as long as it is immediately converted to Fiat.

If you are an investor , you are using money that is not needed to pay bills , so you can buy and hold whatever crypto you believe has the best chance for success , until you decide it succeeded  or failed.

Never confuse an investment with running a business, it is a quick way to lose both.

Cool

You're right on the money

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:09:23 AM

cheers

Cool

Exactly this.  Truth is, very few people are going to pay with crypto.  You can use it as an advertising platform but don't expect a line of people wanting to pay with btc or any alt!  This is one area smartcoins (market pegged assets - BitUSD, BitEuro, etc...) such as those provided by BitShares is looking to solve.  Only problem with the BTS system is the lack of liquidity with the smartcoins so it would be difficult to go from smartcoin > fiat quickly without high slippage.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:11:57 AM

cheers
If i have business i will accept bitcoin and ethereum. Because ethereum has stable price and bitcoin has expensive price. My opinion dash coin is not too much has volume even if it is old coin than ethereum.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 06:48:48 AM

cheers
Accepting dash is ok because the price of dash is stable but better to find an advance altcoin they you know has a potencial to grow just like bitcoin..
If you have a business and there an altcoin and trusted devs you can help them and accept this altcoin as payment so that it can help develop or adopt this altcoin..
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 07:25:39 AM

cheers

just bitcoin.
bitcoin is the gold standard. we used to accepting litecoin and some others but not anymore.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
tuapoma (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:33:10 AM

I already have a few years of experience in cryptocurrencies, since March 2014 I'm accepting Bitcoin on my website, and since September 2015 I'm accepting DASH. I'm working every day to improve my site, and I have great hope on the cryptocurrency technology.
Xinarae

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:36:08 AM

Not realy for using Altcoin for business,
but if yours sistem can fast change Altcoin to BTC or Money, this looking for be better.
tuapoma (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:59:55 AM

Not realy for using Altcoin for business,
but if yours sistem can fast change Altcoin to BTC or Money, this looking for be better.

hello xinarae, the fundamental purpose of the cryptocurrency technology has been to offer privacy and independence from the traditional financial services. In this context, BITCOIN and DASH seem the best options.

already experienced in daily transactions? paying and receiving micropayments...

cheers
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:07:37 AM

accept it from btc to dash and eth, i accept it. so long as its valuable.
tuapoma (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:49:54 AM

accept it from btc to dash and eth, i accept it. so long as its valuable.

hello btctube, I do not understand ether as a payment system. they say that ether is a platform for distributed computing to run intelligent contracts, it sounds good, but so far I have never found an intelligent payment system by ether. in my opinion a cryptocurrency needs be decentralized and privace, with decrease in the number of coins over the years.  Cool

cheers
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:45:11 AM

cheers

Any trade-able and profitable altcoin should be included so your buyer has many options to use,some holders also holds altcoins and they would want to use that also more than using bitcoin on their purchase..

balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:47:14 AM

This service enables businesses to accept dozens of altcoins with not much hassle. They'll pay the business owner out in whatever he wants, i think. Funny nobody mentioned it so far. It has been around for a very long time.

https://www.coinpayments.net/
tintumon

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:31:35 AM

This service enables businesses to accept dozens of altcoins with not much hassle. They'll pay the business owner out in whatever he wants, i think. Funny nobody mentioned it so far. It has been around for a very long time.

https://www.coinpayments.net/
Is there any statistics on the actual altcoin usage by coinpayments?
There are around 52 coins listed there. I would like to know which of them is transacted most.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:42:23 AM

if i had one i would accept only bitcoin, not even fiat but only the true king, altcoin can be accepted but only if strong enough like ethereum or litecoin

that you know won't die tomorrow...
tintumon

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:45:32 AM

if i had one i would accept only bitcoin, not even fiat but only the true king, altcoin can be accepted but only if strong enough like ethereum or litecoin

that you know won't die tomorrow...
You reckon LTC is strong  Huh
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 07:07:22 AM

cheers
for a start up business you should only accept bitcoins because it is very promising but altcoins are not. but if you still want to accept altcoins then use etherem as it looks promising. but best thing i can recommend you is only accept bitcoin. no problems no loss.
haendehochueberfall

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 10:32:51 AM

edward must know, he sounds like a pro  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: