Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wal-Mart stops accepting Visa cards in Canada  (Read 2033 times)
etparle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I love NACHOS

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:05:59 PM

If Walmart was willing to adopt Bitcoin, how greatly do you guys think this would impact the price of Bitcoin?
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:19:15 PM

If Walmart was willing to adopt Bitcoin, how greatly do you guys think this would impact the price of Bitcoin?

Have you tried reading this thread?
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:26:50 PM

It would be huge, but it is never going to happen as long as bitcoin transaction fees keep rising. They want lower costs, not increasing costs.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:34:35 PM

It would be huge, but it is never going to happen as long as bitcoin transaction fees keep rising. They want lower costs, not increasing costs.

Alyssa, you betray your anti-Bitcoin propagandist tendencies too easily: the sender pays with Bitcoin trnsactions. That means that even if your misleading framing of the situation were reality, it still wouldn't matter to merchants, as they don't pay a single satoshi to receive transactions.

And so your entire forum persona is null and void, isn't it?

Vires in numeris
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:10:24 PM

Don't worry  alyssa, he said the same to me yesterday I think.

Smarmy twat.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:15:59 PM

Don't worry  alyssa, he said the same to me yesterday I think.

Smarmy twat.

Not when it's the truth. You people are now confined to low-rent sub-6 month accounts with names like "rizlarolla" and "alyysa85" now that bankster shills like Franky1, Trollfi etc have been thoroughly drubbed. And your palpable irritation is totally, riotously hilarious. I laugh at you, frequently. It's funny.

Prepare for a continuation of the same, you can't fight the truth with lies in the information age.

Vires in numeris
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:24:21 PM

me bankster shill?
sorry but carlton loves his bank funded company blockstream. he loves banks so much he even included a subtle hint to such in his username

its literally in his name

what carlton is afraid of:
isnt that bitcoin would break due to a hard fork
isnt that bitcoin would remain distributed if people had more then one choice of full node to download
isnt that he has failed to give any technical evidence

but is simply that he fears he wont get to merge mine some monero with his best buddies lauda, icebreaker, gmaxwell and luke Jr who all love altcoins.

i kind of feel sorry for him that he has only viewed his promotion featured future on paper. never actually personally using it. never actually realising that the unicorn dreams he read about on them papers have actual limits and have not explained the deeper stuff that actually matters.

i think he should take a week to not play with his altcoins, not play with his friends and finally do some research beyond the glossy leaflets he is spoon fed

but i know he will just reply with insults and bad assumptions to hide his pride in blockstream and their sidechain plans

its people like carlton that doesnt even have 10btc to their name
its people like carlton who has never wrote a single line of code related to bitcoin
its people like carlton who has never helped start up BITCOIN ONLY businesses
its people like carlton who has never even bought an ASIC
its people like carlton who turns everything into a insult match, just to bait others to insult him back. purely to make that person look bad by sinking to his level.

and these people will always only care about their own personal wealth.
only care about how that can screw up the system in their own favour
and only care about the sheep that blindly follow them down that road.

may he have a nice day, but im thinking he is going to be too busy insulting everyone thats not a blockstream cult member.. which is literally everyone apart from maybe 200 cult recruits

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 09:30:28 PM

me bankster shill?
sorry but carlton loves his bank funded company blockstream. he loves banks so much he even included a subtle hint to such in his username

its literally in his name

what carlton is afraid of:
isnt that bitcoin would break due to a hard fork
isnt that bitcoin would remain distributed if people had more then one choice of full node to download
isnt that he has failed to give any technical evidence

but is simply that he fears he wont get to merge mine some monero with his best buddies lauda, icebreaker, gmaxwell and luke Jr who all love altcoins.

i kind of feel sorry for him that he has only viewed his promotion featured future on paper. never actually personally using it. never actually realising that the unicorn dreams he read about on them papers have actual limits and have not explained the deeper stuff that actually matters.

i think he should take a week to not play with his altcoins, not play with his friends and finally do some research beyond the glossy leaflets he is spoon fed

but i know he will just reply with insults and bad assumptions to hide his pride in blockstream and their sidechain plans

True. But do you really think he is human?
I d rather think he is a bot just mixing a bit some phrases but in the end looks always the same 1mb content, hmm
 Grin

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:31:48 PM

change the record Franky, you're doing that thing where you try to repeat-repeat-repeat a load of garbage, straight out of the Saul Alinksy/Edmund Bernays Propaganda handbook.

And it's so borrrrrring to read as a consequence. You really need to find something to do that you're good at, technical propaganda and social engineering are just not your forte.

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:35:44 PM

do you really think he is human?
I d rather think he is a bot just mixing a bit some phrases but in the end looks always the same, hmm
 Grin

I don't think that a bunch of illiterate non-entities can hold a candle to my credibility as a genuine human. Mistakes in your grammar and punctuation are unforced and clearly demonstrative of low reading/writing ability, whereas I make deliberate punctuation mistakes so as to make a point (if you ever find yourself on the receiving end of a reply from me without any punctuation at all, think about what it is I'm trying to communicate with such deliberate mistakes Cheesy )

You people can barely string a legible sentence together most of the time, all you do with this kind of talk is harm your own credentials even further.  

Vires in numeris
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:41:49 PM

I don't know Visa is goliath of debit/credit cards at least in the US, if Canada is any way similar Walmart will definitely hurt their sales. Imagine you get paid next week and you put everything on your cc and pay it off on pay day, time to get groceries but you can't because walmart doesn't want to pay the 1.5%. What are you going to do? Cash advance? No way, you will shop at a local grocery store and flip off walmart.

thankfully here is someone that likes to stay on topic. Cheesy
using logic i would first say walmart are obviously going to stop it one store at a time(cant bluff a blackmail afterall).. im guessing they already have a hotlist of which stores already have low visa usage per customer. so to minimize bad customer experience. those stores stop first. and probably ensure a well signposted ATM is available for those left over customers to use.
Visa will notice on their systems that the retail store X is no longer processing. then as retail store Y, Z stop processing it may prompt visa to change tact, because they see it was not a bluff.

yes visa is a goliath business but lets say you got $138 and each day you were told unless you sign a new employment contract, your wage will decrease by 1cents a day.
you may think 1cents is not much.. but after a while it adds up.. now multiply that numbers by a million
it may only be a small number in regards to visa.. but anything is better then nothing

visa know they will accept 0.5%, they do it in other countries all the time. they were just milking canada upto 3% for numerous reasons, and eventually they will give in.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:49:37 PM

Franky loves changing the topic when he has no comeback. Another yawn-fest ensues, naturally. Wake me up when he's fini--s---zzzzzzzzzzz

Vires in numeris
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 10:13:38 PM

do you really think he is human?
I d rather think he is a bot just mixing a bit some phrases but in the end looks always the same, hmm
 Grin

I don't think that a bunch of illiterate non-entities can hold a candle to my credibility as a genuine human. Mistakes in your grammar and punctuation are unforced and clearly demonstrative of low reading/writing ability, whereas I make deliberate punctuation mistakes so as to make a point (if you ever find yourself on the receiving end of a reply from me without any punctuation at all, think about what it is I'm trying to communicate with such deliberate mistakes Cheesy )

You people can barely string a legible sentence together most of the time, all you do with this kind of talk is harm your own credentials even further.  

Oh sorry, next time I will switch on my grammar bot as well and hope I can meet some of your expectations.
BTW, your hair is really good looking!

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:15:30 PM

Franky loves changing the topic when he has no comeback. Another yawn-fest ensues, naturally. Wake me up when he's fini--s---zzzzzzzzzzz
sinking down to his level:
if you really want some good "come"-back. ask your boyfriend to spit next time

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:20:44 PM

Quote from: hv
Oh sorry, next time I will switch on my grammar bot as well and hope I can meet some of your expectations.
BTW, your hair is really good looking!

Like I said, no grammar-bot can make intentional mistakes to enhance their rhetoric. Fail.

And Franky? You're becoming irascible, get some decorum man, it's a really unattractive personality trait to be so guile-lessly hateful. The way you behave when the chips are down shines a light on who you really are, and with such alarmingly unrestrained and amoral comments such as the above, you're clearly no sort of man at all.

(nice quick edit BTW, the original comment didn't include the "sinking to his level" qualification)

Vires in numeris
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:29:31 PM

hateful?

angry?

i just read your last 30 posts. it seems your the one with the problem with the majority of the community. the only people do you talk pleasantly to are the monero/sidechain lovers.

ever thought you are too deep into the cult to not recognize your friends are just circle jerking themselves preaching to the converted, its literally a commune in your little crowd, you even have a bible which tries to make you fail at latin, but still told to use it now and again

one day i hope you will see the light, and i hope it happens before the mother ship takes you away from bitcoin. because planet sidechain is not bitcoinland. sorry to inform you

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:45:59 PM

Cat fighting aside, this is pretty crazy news. All of my cards are visa. Is there some canada only debit card system everyone has that isn't visa? Otherwise they're denying themselves a mountain of business.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:50:01 PM

your the one with the problem with the majority of the community.

Franky, you and your band of shills do not represent the community. Your account is dead, go away

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: