Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:51:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BTC Momentum & Halving: Pump & Double Pump?
Odds are good price UP! - 2 (50%)
Odds are fair price UP! - 1 (25%)
Odds are Sideways! - 0 (0%)
Odds are after Pump then Dump! - 0 (0%)
Odds are Dump & Crash! - 0 (0%)
No Idea or Viewpoint! - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Momentum & the halving: Will it sling BTC price up higher even after?  (Read 342 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:58:14 AM

Ok I had a 'daydream' ...say this continues..the run on coin up to halving....ok so far so good....halving say comes and passes and we are looking at say

over 1000 usd BTC...and things are moving along 'swimmingly' as all the Bulls want. Smiley

OK it is now PAST halving..it has HAPPENED.....say EVEN IF the urge to buy coin 'wanes' a bit.....but the 'thirst' for btc is still good.

...well hell now you have what 1/2 the BTC being dumped on the market by big miners....(at least the idea in folk's minds of such)

....would that not at least have a pretty good psychological effect on the trend to continue to push the price higher for a month or more after halving?

right/wrong/or whatever....the urge to hold would continue to be strong....the idea of 3/4 of all BTC being out there already is a given....and 1/2 the BTC previously available being mined..

Think about how BTC has been moved by 'little' in the past on the press and FUD ....would this not be the flip side of that....BTC market moved by excessive happiness/optimism/good news

Hell toss in Segregated Witness hitting the bitcoin core for all at about this time w/o issues on top of the above...

To a nerd like me it would be like the Star Trek Universe of "it will all work out by the end of the episode...with peace in the galaxy" ...ie the BTC version of such Smiley

MOMENTUM you are zooming along for whatever reason and suddenly the supply of BTC is halved...right about the time it is in full swing.....

and everybody hoards like a beanie baby fiend back in the day Smiley

Might not last ...but it would be refreshing to see everyone go out of their mind in a pump like they kinda went out of their

mind on previous FUD and dumps and press bullsh*t on BTC just to even things out ...don't ya know Smiley I mean irrationallity in all this should be even handed you'd think right Smiley

then again my idea may be the sweet smell of unicorn poop...and BTC dementia of the mind on my part....but nice to ponder if it is not

take the poll  and comment in this thread....on this likely BTC utopia or not

what the hell it happened in 2013......for good or nil such a pump...could it happen again under the above circumstances in 2016..hmmmmm

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:03:08 AM

The halving should sling the price should up higher, then if history repeats itself the scare supply should sling the price to the moon within half a year afterwards. The price rose before the previous halving, then in the half year afterwards it kept gaining momentum.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:08:07 AM

The halving should sling the price should up higher, then if history repeats itself the scare supply should sling the price to the moon within half a year afterwards. The price rose before the previous halving, then in the half year afterwards it kept gaining momentum.

From what I understand the amount of BTC being mined per day and dumped by miners is NOT that signifcant when you look at what is traded and what folk are holding

but yeah...you'd think it would be another reason at least in 'folks minds' to continue to hold and thus keep supply low...and more important bring in NEW folk and $$

into the BTC universe. I kinda hoped it would go UP after halving...but now my view may be it may really really go up after halving as a kinda press/hoopla launch point

for a NEW round of newbies and $$$ to jump into this on the FOMO etc etc.....(hell look at ethereum rocket this past year).....

well we will be the first to know the day after halving I guess Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: