Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:19:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you wish the DRIBBLE REPLYING ad campaigners were banned ?
Yes - 7 (36.8%)
No - 12 (63.2%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are AD campaigners killing Bitcointalk.org ?  (Read 1085 times)
mki8 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:48:45 AM

I'm sure you might remove most of the sig campaign posters in this thread later, but I might as well give it a shot.

I think of signature ad campaigns as a cool implementation to the forum taken too far. Maybe there should be a rule enforced by the mods, where a campaign every week will have to update a list and send it to a person who will put up a total list of sig campaigners that can automatically be ignored by people. Some people can be whitelisted as you look onwards.

If you really think ad campaigns are killing the forum; then just don't go to the places ad posters go. The only real place you'd come to the forum for is technical discussions, speculation and maybe some altcoin and project development. Other than that, everything is just asking to be spammed. (Like off topic. There are so many other forums where you can talk shit, it shouldn't be done here.)

Yes i am deleting ads,
BUT i am replying to every post i delete so the commenill visible in the thread
i agree with you on part
that yes admin should implement something to curb the dribble posts,
like a fee for accounts to run ads in signature, this would just prevent the ones that start ads and post dribble from the start.
as i already stated the ignore list does nothing at present, as you still must go through pages of ignored comments
site admin need to change so imply not displayed at all (really not hard to do)
and ad posters are everywhere here, on all topics

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:52:08 AM

I'm sure you might remove most of the sig campaign posters in this thread later, but I might as well give it a shot.

I think of signature ad campaigns as a cool implementation to the forum taken too far. Maybe there should be a rule enforced by the mods, where a campaign every week will have to update a list and send it to a person who will put up a total list of sig campaigners that can automatically be ignored by people. Some people can be whitelisted as you look onwards.

If you really think ad campaigns are killing the forum; then just don't go to the places ad posters go. The only real place you'd come to the forum for is technical discussions, speculation and maybe some altcoin and project development. Other than that, everything is just asking to be spammed. (Like off topic. There are so many other forums where you can talk shit, it shouldn't be done here.)

better yet he must create his own forum where sig campaign is prohibited. for the author never listen to the comments and keep insisting what is on his mind Cheesy

how can you say i dont listen when i have read every comment before i reply,
again someone not reading the thread fully.

for example, i recently closed a thread that had 9 pages of dribble replies none had actually anything helpful
and many of the people replying could not answer question as they were not in a position to do so financially
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:52:56 AM

But in the other hand ad campaigners also make this forum alive though. Signature campaign have the good and bad affect to this forum, but i think ad campaigners not killing this forum.

but the bad is heavily outweighing the good
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:54:34 AM

Signature campaign makes bitcointalk alive. Loads of people who would not have usually come here have done so because they can make a bit of cash on the side,What would become of bitcoin if signature campiagns were stopped and then nobody was talking about bitcoin anymore? I have friends who only got into bitcoin after hearing about signature campaigns and now they are avid bitcoin supporters. This wouldnt have been possible without the campaigns to start them off.
so everyone is only interested in bitcoin so they can make a dollar a day after putting in hours of dribble posting ................

maybe we not playing on the same field
maybe too many satflaps running ad campaigns
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:03:07 AM

I think it depends on the signature campaign rules, as you are seeing a number of signature campaign managers have made their rules strict so the members of that campaigns are very beneficial for this forum and they are providing beneficial info to the forum, and are giving good time to the posts and forum etc. I think the rules (by the managers) should have to take care of the forum.

Problem i see it being is more of bitcointalk, not having enough moderators and allowing it to get so bad.

campaign manager usually use bots to check anything, which likely is just a character count so easily abused.

bitcointalk just needs a strong moderator community, to moderate and clean threads and also make some stickies or first page threads
just to clean up the dribble
so newbies can find answers without the need of searching through pages and pages of dribble

so far only 2 other user have replied without ads
(1 i suspect is an account owned by a user that has ads on other accounts)
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:04:45 AM

Heh. Why'd you delete my post? I thought you had nothing against sig campaigners. Does this post look like dribble to you?

Oh, yes. This belongs in Meta.

I have nothing against ad campaigners
your comments are still clearly visible (in my reply to your comment)
if you read the threads comments you would see this
but many ad campaigners do not read through the threads
i just want to see a thread without ads
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:11:25 AM

Locking this topic now had enough replies to get the opinion of ad campaigners

as you can see from the poll

ad campaigners think it is perfectly acceptable to reply with dribble comments.

Clearly showing which direction this forum will take in future.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: