Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:19:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a DDos Attack?!  (Read 531 times)
erickkyut (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:59:07 AM

Hi guys! I'm a newbie on bitcoin industry and try to learn more about it.

I always read it on some forums but I don't know what it is.

Can you explain to me what a DDos Attack is?! TIA!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:27:51 AM

There is no need to ask "What is X?! Can you explain to me what X is?!" when there is a Wikipedia article about X which is also one of the first results if you just Google X.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
DonMarco

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:34:58 AM

DDoS is in simply words : sending fake traffic (packets ) using BOTNET * lots of PC infected to some adress ( website, server etc )
DDoS can turn off website, game server etc for some minutes, can slow them down to load etc.
But Yes You should use google for more information.
DDoS is 100% Illegal

erickkyut (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:44:23 AM

DDoS is in simply words : sending fake traffic (packets ) using BOTNET * lots of PC infected to some adress ( website, server etc )
DDoS can turn off website, game server etc for some minutes, can slow them down to load etc.
But Yes You should use google for more information.
DDoS is 100% Illegal

Thank you for your answer. I asked it here because for me it is much better to ask from a knowledgeable person than Google. If I search it from Google there might some words that are jargon to me and cannot understand. Thank you for your time explaining it to me Smiley
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 12:11:09 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2016, 12:26:53 PM by eaLiTy

There is no need to ask "What is X?! Can you explain to me what X is?!" when there is a Wikipedia article about X which is also one of the first results if you just Google X.

since he is new to bitcoin, he might not be knowing about the fact that there is google and wikipedia  Cheesy Grin and more over he wanted to start a new thread over here  Tongue Tongue

and for the topic ,a distributed denial-of-service is used to overload the server so that no new connects can be accepted by the server,which means anyone trying to load the page will take forever to reach the destination Roll Eyes
salsa321

Activity: 698
Merit: 503

Substantiate your success.

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 07:21:56 PM

make server busy untill server down and stop working.
DarkThrones

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 07:40:39 PM

When you get enough computers or scripts to overload a server with requests so that it crashes the website or service. It's really common and somebody can gain access to things like that for like $20 lol.
DonMarco

Activity: 182

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:41:35 PM

When you get enough computers or scripts to overload a server with requests so that it crashes the website or service. It's really common and somebody can gain access to things like that for like $20 lol.

With about 100$ You can get power to turn of cloudflare protected websites... You can get a BitCoin/AltCoin mining Botnet + FUD virus with lifetime updates... this is shocking actually... 100$ and few h of work You can get down almost all what You want or atleast get them down for some time and they will pay more and more money to keep web/server/game online ( bigger/better prottection )

and there is a DOS something like DDoS but DOS comes out from 1 adress and DDoS from multiply adresses

salsa321

Activity: 698
Merit: 503

Substantiate your success.

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:26:21 PM

if you wanna DDOS website,you can find it on google about tutorial and act for prevent it
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:00:37 PM

Post your IP address and we will show you !

Anyone know where all the good "FUD Virus's" are being sold these days ?
Sorry i am out of the loop Sad

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: