Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $652 - my laptop just exploded!  (Read 2375 times)
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:11:24 AM

This price rise has almost NOTHING to do with the upcoming block halving.

It's because the Chinese are buying bitcoins in droves, that's causing the massive price increase, just like they did in late 2013.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-11/bitcoin-spikes-above-600-2-year-highs-sudden-massive-chinese-buying

The reason why Chinese are buying? Their currency, Yuan, is being devalued by their Communist Central Party Gov't.

In droves might be overplaying it a little!  There are 1.36billion chinese people, the market cap of Bitcoin is 10.7billion, so it doesn't really figure that they are buying in droves!  A single rich person still has more worth than all the Bitcoins in the world.

Maybe miners aren't selling, as they are waiting until after the halving. Or some people are slowing building a position in Bitcoin, but if droves start investing, then you can add a zero pretty easily to the price.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:20:22 AM

This price rise has almost NOTHING to do with the upcoming block halving.

It's because the Chinese are buying bitcoins in droves, that's causing the massive price increase, just like they did in late 2013.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-11/bitcoin-spikes-above-600-2-year-highs-sudden-massive-chinese-buying

The reason why Chinese are buying? Their currency, Yuan, is being devalued by their Communist Central Party Gov't.

In droves might be overplaying it a little!  There are 1.36billion chinese people, the market cap of Bitcoin is 10.7billion, so it doesn't really figure that they are buying in droves!  A single rich person still has more worth than all the Bitcoins in the world.

Maybe miners aren't selling, as they are waiting until after the halving. Or some people are slowing building a position in Bitcoin, but if droves start investing, then you can add a zero pretty easily to the price.

The volume was over 200M yesterday so somebody is selling. I guess he miners (whales) who have anticipated on this. They knew it probably and made sure to make the price higher so they could earn more. Because let's face it. Why else would the value go up 10 months for the halving?
Ulloa

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:38:10 AM

You can now see that Bitcoin is becoming more worth so that is really nice but it wont be that easy to earn some money with it because it takes time.
But you have to know that there will be more people that is having patience and wait for the right moment to sell it.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 10:47:12 AM

This is amazing, the price is increased for almost +$80 for only 2 days. I'm really surprised and wondering what will happen in the upcoming weeks, we are very near to the halving. I didn't expected this to happen so far, let's hope the price will go even more higher (~$1k).

I know right. This has surprised me a lot over the past few days just how fast the price increases have come. I have been anticipating a lot of price increases, but never have anticipated this fast.

Completely mindblown.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: