Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:22:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How high will the Market Cap go?  (Read 456 times)
Enjorlas (OP)

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 02:36:17 PM

So the price is anyone's guess, but the market cap may be more predictable. Back during the previous bubble the market cap spiked around 14 billion and then hovered around 11-12 billion before crashing down. That was in January 2014.

What are your thoughts on how big the market cap will become this time? Perhaps we have more big players in the game and we could be looking at a 20 billion market cap in a month?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 02:42:29 PM

No one knows. The potential in the long end is on the trillions, but as far as this particular bubble it's a gamble. People selling at 1K dollars will expect a correction and this correction might not happen, and we may continue going up 10 times last ATH, so shorts beware.
kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 02:45:22 PM

How can market cap be predictable but price not? When price = market cap / number of coins.

I can know the number of coins and you say it's possible to predict the market cap.. then you have price.

So, predict any market cap you like and you then also have the price.

The next 24 hours are critical!
Vaccomundus

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 02:53:24 PM

it should be trillion really, very small right now
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 02:57:17 PM

Its much harder to predict this time since bitcoin is far more spread out now and instead of a few large investors we potentially have many which means price could quite easily stabilise around the 14 billion market cap and stay their. Nothing to say it wont crash back down but imo its much easier to hold at that price now than it was in 2014.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:00:46 PM

it is hard to predict anything especially market cap because it would require you to predict two factors that are making it .

besides market cap is not really a good measurement if you ask me. but the component of it on the other hand are better tools if you want to make any prediction about them.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:03:21 PM

Actually bitcoin is being famous due to low fee in transaction specially in low volume online payment and market volume of online payment is in trillion figure every year, so i think bitcoin has potential to acheive trillion in marketcap within few decades from now.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:13:02 PM

How can market cap be predictable but price not? When price = market cap / number of coins.

I can know the number of coins and you say it's possible to predict the market cap.. then you have price.

exactly, if you know the market cap you know the price and vice versa.

and tbh the market cap should be measured in 100 billions or trillions, not in single billions.

it's way too low.
Enjorlas (OP)

Activity: 788

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:28:55 PM

Yes yes... we all know that Market cap = price x quantity. Don't get lost in semantics.

CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:33:44 PM

exactly, if you know the market cap you know the price and vice versa.

and tbh the market cap should be measured in 100 billions or trillions, not in single billions.

it's way too low.

Currently it is sufficient because we are at 10 Billion. And i honestly believe this will be enough for the coming years. I don't see the price reach that high that we can speak over trillions.
Not now not in 2 years. Just be patient, the price needs to get stable around this price first before we can be happy about 650 USD.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: