Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:30:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Best thing to do with 1 BTC?
Wait until Halving Day then sell it. - 2 (100%)
Put it into cloud mining service. - 0 (0%)
Put it into HYIP. - 0 (0%)
Go gamble to try get double the amount. - 0 (0%)
Keep it until no more bitcoin to mine then sell it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello friends.. new guy here!  (Read 1584 times)
adfy (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:42:15 PM

Hello friendlies..

I am new here and to the Bitcoin world too. Seems that I have kinda missed the hype about Bitcoin from 2009 until now Sad but I hope I am not way too late to jump in the wagon. I hope I can make friends here to help me guide and talk together about Bitcoin and what can I do with it.

Maybe some experts can ease up my thought. I have in my mind to get some Bitcoin at the end of this month but I have some hesitation due to the 'halving day'. My plan is to get around 1 Bitcoin by buying them at this end of the month and immediately invest in a cloud mining operation to gain more Bitcoin in the coming months. Do you guys think this is a good plan or is it wiser to get the Bitcoin and wait until 'halving day' before investing in the cloud mining operation?

Well this is my first question and I hope we can have more further discussion on this later on what to do best.

Regards,
Adfy
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 06:26:57 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2016, 06:42:41 PM by --Encrypted--

don't invest in cloud mining. they're mostly fake —ponzi schemes in disguise— and will scam you sooner or later. the supposedly legit ones are too damn unprofitable and it might take more than a year for you to reach ROI.
azeminjo09

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:54:41 PM

Yea, do not invest into cloudmining services, as much they're attractive to you, believe me they aren't. I got scam few times and I wouldn't suggest those services to anyone..
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:17:12 PM

don't invest in cloud mining. they're mostly fake —ponzi schemes in disguise— and will scam you sooner or later. the supposedly legit ones are too damn unprofitable and it might take more than a year for you to reach ROI.
Exactly, best investment is to buy and hold.
You should watch bitcoin documentaries as much as u can. It will describe bitcoin world in fun and fast way Smiley
adfy (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:40:23 AM

Wow.. I was going to the wrong direction from the start! Thanks a lot.. maybe I  have to warn all my other friends in regard to this. They are pumping in a lot of serious money to the bitcoin cloud mining services. Hopefully they have time to get them out. Can the money we purchased the services be returned back?
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:46:53 AM

Hello friendlies..

I am new here and to the Bitcoin world too. Seems that I have kinda missed the hype about Bitcoin from 2009 until now Sad but I hope I am not way too late to jump in the wagon. I hope I can make friends here to help me guide and talk together about Bitcoin and what can I do with it.

Maybe some experts can ease up my thought. I have in my mind to get some Bitcoin at the end of this month but I have some hesitation due to the 'halving day'. My plan is to get around 1 Bitcoin by buying them at this end of the month and immediately invest in a cloud mining operation to gain more Bitcoin in the coming months. Do you guys think this is a good plan or is it wiser to get the Bitcoin and wait until 'halving day' before investing in the cloud mining operation?

Well this is my first question and I hope we can have more further discussion on this later on what to do best.

Regards,
Adfy

Yes wait for the incoming bitcoin halving event to see which cloud mining site is legit because as of now many cloud mining sites are turning to scam because they ain't true they are just like HYIPs out there that promoting their site and scamming people who invested to them if they get the target amount of bitcoin.
adfy (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:59:58 AM

I see that the price of bitcoin is getting higher every day.. should I get some before it becomes too expensive and too much money needed to get one? And I hold dear to it until the halving day comes and at that point of time the price is rocketing sky high?
yhansky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:01:19 AM

Hello friendlies..

Regards,
Adfy
Cloud mining is risky for this year because of the halving,so better to stay back on those.cloudmining sites,
Never invest on hyip/doublers cause they are absolutely scam..
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:00:44 AM

I think it's still a good idea to invest bitcoin. Because the price of bitcoin keep increase and i'm sure it will keepp increase until the halving come.
DarkThrones

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:24:55 AM

Be careful right now because in july the incoming supply of Bitcoins will be half of what it is now. There's a lot of speculation right now but mostly the price will rise until then. Then who knows what.
wintermeasures

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:41:54 AM

Hello friendlies..

Regards,
Adfy

as far as I know after joining this forum. I think cloudmining its good. But many people say do not believe cloudmining, so decision in your hands. but I recommend using that money for trade, because it is safer and you can manage your own money. Thank you
adfy (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:01:23 AM

They say until the halving day come the price will increase constantly and after the halving day arrive it will start to drop back to a certain amount significantly. Also those with ponzi schemes might collapse due to unable to pay the members. Old hardware also might be unprofitable. Would it be wiser to wait for the purchase of Bitcoin until then because Bitcoin seems like getting a cleanup? Maybe around 3rd or 4th week of July is a good time to actually buy?
yhansky

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:24:28 AM

I see that the price of bitcoin is getting higher every day.. should I get some before it becomes too expensive and too much money needed to get one? And I hold dear to it until the halving day comes and at that point of time the price is rocketing sky high?

You should buy bitcoin right now.,before its too late.. the price is already 680 and still going up.
Buy bitcoins as many as you can then hold it before halving.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:05:16 AM

You should buy bitcoin right now.,before its too late.. the price is already 680 and still going up.
Buy bitcoins as many as you can then hold it before halving.
I thought to buy before halving still safe, but if after halving it is not certain that it will continue to rise or could happen dump.

Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:15:53 AM

Hello friendlies..

Regards,
Adfy

Hey there, thanks for joining this forum! I'm sure you'll enjoy being here and chatting with others.

Regarding your cloud mining plan, personally I would not invest in any cloud mining sites simply because most of them are ponzi schemes disguised, or they won't pay you any real profit. Like genesis-mining, I had a contract with them but it's not returning even 30% of my ROI after half a year.
laura77

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:54:09 AM

hello, I am also new here, now I only play faucet. still looking for a good way and was studying trade Smiley
adfy (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:59:08 AM

So from what I have been given advice, the way to get some gain is:

1. Buy Bitcoin, keep it safe until price is sky rocketing and then sell them.
2. Buy Bitcoin, trade it buy low sell high.

To avoid loss don't do this:

1. Buy Bitcoin, put into cloud mining services.
2. Buy Bitcoin, go gamble them off.
3. Buy Bitcoin, put into High Yield Investment Program that's is a Ponzi Scheme.

I though Bitcoin is more fun. It looks more like normal currency to me and in high motion too!  Shocked
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:42:58 AM

Really a lot of the ideas are not so great below were options I did not vote though...

Wait until Halving Day then sell it. - We can't possibly speculate what will happen on having day.  
Put it into cloud mining service. - If your serious hashnest is pretty much only legit one out there. I like owning gear though so might look into buying and hosting.
Put it into HYIP. Basically asking to lose money to scam
Go gamble to try get double the amount. Obvious reasons horrible idea.  Overtime you will lose it is hobby not investment.
Keep it until no more bitcoin to mine then sell it.  There will always be mining some day far far in future it should be for the fee's.  But always mining.

Your best bet depends on your goal.  Are you wanting to be a miner? Are you wanting to hold? If you are holding do you have a price your wanting or are you more long term? So many different valid options but you need to decide what your goal is.

We are seeing HUGE jumps in BTC value right now.  So we are already seeing effects of having it does not wait till the day of it.  It is not like it is a secret when having is happening so that day might not be huge.  We honestly just don't know.   With having known before I think effects are happening now not waiting till day (how btc is skyrocketing supports this).
Maruf

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:28:44 AM

There is too many mining sites, i can suggest you to choose and mining with one of them. i think it is very right time to mining because btc/$ very high before halving you can gain more btc with more preciously. For example in January 2016 mining sites give full repayment approximately 3-4 months, but now in 1 month you can gain repayment almost half of your money.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:53:59 AM

all of your options are bad. and some of them are considered even terrible. you should never even call things like HYIP and ponzi schemes as investment , they are simply scams trying to take your bitcoins and run while staying anonymous.

also stay away from cloudmining in general because they are either scams or they are not profitable at all.

and as for selling, you should stop thinking about selling bitcoin and getting out for a quick profit and start looking at what bitcoin really is and how you can use it as a currency.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: