Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:29:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't SELL !!  (Read 5317 times)
nod (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:51:11 PM

Hi,
I'm sure you've noticed, the price of bitcoin is falling down, why ? Because a lot of sellers are scared and sell, then snowball effect !
Personally, I bought a lot of BTCs @ 29$ and I will not sell! I do not want to participate to the fall! If everyone do like me, fight to the end without selling, the price will increase, please, do like me !
Together, we can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mistersaturn

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:54:40 PM

please sell! i bought a lot of btc today at 14$ - its great how easy it is to make profit due to 99% of the people in btc business being total idiots.
digimag

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:57:10 PM

Seems like people have fun with bitcoins.

17opQsbw8873x4PTwzvacEjNR2a59mSxoT
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:59:18 PM

The original poster smacks of desperation.  First post and has bought BTC at $29.

There are two things happening here: those with an interest to see BTCs head higher are going to do everything to talk up the 'currency'.  Those with a sense of schandenfreude are posting with glee about all the 'idiots' who bought into the whole BTC concept.

I posted a while ago that I was concerned about the rapid run up in value.  *Nothing* justifies it.  Not exponential difficulty curves, not wishful thinking about rarity.  BTCs are down almost 50% yet the hash rate has actually gone up and the next difficulty reset estimate is climbing by the hour.  If rarity justified the price of BTCs, we would see the price shoot back up in the next week or the hash rate fall.
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:59:44 PM

It's your own fault for buying in an unsustainable bubble. Maybe another bubble will help you out and the non-speculative supply and demand could help bring the price up over the longer term.
tunatime

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 05:09:33 PM

i hope some one dumps a shit load of coins and lowers the price to under $10 i would buy up a few and then sell them when they come back up that's all that happening hear
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 05:33:44 PM

Seriously, why did you buy in a price bubble so obvious it's screaming?

You can't talk people into doing as you wish. Think for yourself and watch it unfold, it might rise or fall with near-equal probabilities at most times. No talk or organizing will change the path of the market easily.
Hans0

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:05:22 PM

Hi,
I'm sure you've noticed, the price of bitcoin is falling down, why ? Because a lot of sellers are scared and sell, then snowball effect !
Personally, I bought a lot of BTCs @ 29$ and I will not sell! I do not want to participate to the fall! If everyone do like me, fight to the end without selling, the price will increase, please, do like me !
Together, we can.

I believe this is true. The hardest thing right now is not to get nervous, and just ignore short term. I really intend to hold for 5 to 10 years and I believe short term market movements are unpredictable.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:07:17 PM

I really intend to hold for 5 to 10 years and I believe short term market movements are unpredictable.

You are the quintessential bagholder.  You are how others make money.  Everyone here with BTC should be thanking you.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Hans0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:08:36 PM

I really intend to hold for 5 to 10 years and I believe short term market movements are unpredictable.

You are the quintessential bagholder.  You are how others make money.  Everyone here with BTC should be thanking you.

I respect your right to have an opinion but it is a courtesy not to flame without adding value to the thread. The right to flame has to be earned.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:20:55 PM

I respect your right to have an opinion but it is a courtesy not to flame without adding value to the thread. The right to flame has to be earned.

You're right, that was mean.  But my intent was to impress upon you that an obstinate decision to hold this "currency" for 5-10 years will only benefit others.  You can rest assured the OP is selling as fast as possible.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Basiley

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:36:12 PM

sure.
before NY it hit $200 or even $400 level/course in exchange rate.
kicir

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 06:40:36 PM

this correction was needed

if you truly believe in bitcoin's fundamentals you shouldn't be worried, there will be more spikes and falls in the future
digimag

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:42:00 PM

Seems like it's heading to 10 $.

Bitcoin value in EUR is 13 € only on Bitmarket.eu (17 $ on mtGOX)… Crazy stuff.

Hans0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:48:28 PM

You're right, that was mean.  But my intent was to impress upon you that an obstinate decision to hold this "currency" for 5-10 years will only benefit others.  You can rest assured the OP is selling as fast as possible.

I understand the risk and fully expect total loss. In case I am right however I will get 10000x return which offsets the risk by far in my estimation.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:51:27 PM

It's your own fault for buying in an unsustainable bubble. Maybe another bubble will help you out and the non-speculative supply and demand could help bring the price up over the longer term.

You mentioned a bubble, you get the bitcoin bubble comic.

Hans0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:55:26 PM

You mentioned a bubble, you get the bitcoin bubble comic.

Be forgiving with them. Most people think by recognizing simple schemas like "bubble", "bear market", "fiat currency" etc. They do not infer new information easily so they often miss the big and full picture. I sometimes feel sorry for them. I guess you are just born that way, baby.
Justsomeforumuser

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:44:02 PM

I like how we first had weeks of posts about how prices > 3$-5$ were not a bubble, then had a nuclear explosion of price(TOTALLY NOT A BUBBLE. +3000% in 8 weeks is normal, to-scale behavior!), then had people "out of the mainstream" hop on board when it was peaking, and then the bubble popped (-50% in 5 days is faster than even the mortgage crisis managed, well done...STILL NOT A BUBBLE..oh wait) and people are now showing the classic "bought the top, sweating blood" state.

When they sell their last BTC for an incredibly painfull loss somewhere between -50% and -90% (go for it OP, just imagine your cash value should we return to 1$-3$ permanently!), then we will have bottomed out.

I absolutely love how even the tiny BTC market 1:1 mirrors the "real world" markets in terms of herd behavior.
It's also incredible how you just cannot escape the whole human nature thing regardless of how little or small a market is..and how well this fits in with explaining why not everyone is a Soros/Buffet etc.

Ho-Hum.
digimag

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:58:02 PM

Anyway… I wouldn't recommend anyone to make any transaction just because the market is moving wildly and you become all emotional about it. You're more likely to make a bad move and regret it later.

dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 08:28:25 PM

I like how we first had weeks of posts about how prices > 3$-5$ were not a bubble, then had a nuclear explosion of price(TOTALLY NOT A BUBBLE. +3000% in 8 weeks is normal, to-scale behavior!), then had people "out of the mainstream" hop on board when it was peaking, and then the bubble popped (-50% in 5 days is faster than even the mortgage crisis managed, well done...STILL NOT A BUBBLE..oh wait) and people are now showing the classic "bought the top, sweating blood" state.

When they sell their last BTC for an incredibly painfull loss somewhere between -50% and -90% (go for it OP, just imagine your cash value should we return to 1$-3$ permanently!), then we will have bottomed out.

I absolutely love how even the tiny BTC market 1:1 mirrors the "real world" markets in terms of herd behavior.
It's also incredible how you just cannot escape the whole human nature thing regardless of how little or small a market is..and how well this fits in with explaining why not everyone is a Soros/Buffet etc.

+1 to this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: