Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:46:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do with your new wealth?  (Read 965 times)
Frost (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:32:58 PM

Are you already used to be wealthy or still confused what just happened?
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:37:05 PM

I'm starting the process of learning to live my new life. Bitcoin has been truly amazing for me.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3970

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:52:30 PM

for me it would come into equation only if each btc is $10000, and even then just somewhat.
At $10000 (if current $ values hold), i would probably buy a vacation home in colder climate or simply travel more.
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:13:26 AM

I'm still a bit dazed regarding this huge pump right now. Never knew that the bitcoin price was going to go this high. I knew that it was going to go up generally, but never expected this high.

I'd just hold my BTC for now, because halving is still some days away.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:23:18 AM

I'm still a bit dazed regarding this huge pump right now. Never knew that the bitcoin price was going to go this high. I knew that it was going to go up generally, but never expected this high.

I'd just hold my BTC for now, because halving is still some days away.
Right. Take good profit now while you can or wait a couple more weeks and then really there may be a huge bubble. I'm expecting massive sells at around the time of the halving but I guess we'll wait and see. I still think we're safe for at least another 2 weeks of hodling.
WiiD

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:55:46 AM

How many BTCs do you guys have?
Want to know what you are considering "wealth"
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:03:25 AM

I don't have more than 0.08 Bitcoin stored, but I would say that anyone who has a total of something like 2-10 Bitcoins is relatively wealthy (as only ~9.5m and ~2.1m people will ever have potentially more Bitcoin than them), but even having 1 Bitcoin would mean you're more wealthy than a lot of the other users involved in Bitcoin. This would be especially applicable if Bitcoin was to ever take off.
patronis

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:07:08 AM

I don't have more than 0.08 Bitcoin stored, but I would say that anyone who has a total of something like 2-10 Bitcoins is relatively wealthy (as only ~9.5m and ~2.1m people will ever have potentially more Bitcoin than them), but even having 1 Bitcoin would mean you're more wealthy than a lot of the other users involved in Bitcoin. This would be especially applicable if Bitcoin was to ever take off.

ever take off? Its taking off now but I do agree with the rest of your post. later in life most people will not be able to afford 1 full btc and those with 2-10 will be very rich.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:12:44 AM

So far I have no idea what to do with the value that has been generated for my stored Bitcoin, I'm still holding because this is insane and so far it has all been beneficial to me and a lot of other people.

I'll hold for this halving, and probably many more after it, so life is looking up at this point and I might have a reasonably decent sum of money in my future, but most of us will have that at that point.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4569

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:39:07 AM

Wealth? My bitcoins are still worth less than a million bucks.

$1,000,000.00 isn't much any more. It barely buys you a crappy little condo in downtown Toronto.

It will buy you a new boathouse if you have a nice cottage in Muskoka.

It will however supplement an old age pension quite nicely. No catfood sandwiches nor being treated like an inmate in an old-age gulag. It gives you the option of hiring and firing your caregivers in your twilight years, or choosing to live on a cruise ship.

Hopefully by the time I need to sell any coins, my stash will be worth several millions. In the meantime, I'll continue to party (sex&herbs&rock&roll) while accumulating more coins by buying the dips.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:42:52 AM

I just attempt to live underneath my means and all while just holding my coins hostage in the mean time. We're just getting started in this uptrend so there's no sensible reason to consider the cash value of them anytime soon.
Frost (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:51:28 AM

I just attempt to live underneath my means and all while just holding my coins hostage in the mean time. We're just getting started in this uptrend so there's no sensible reason to consider the cash value of them anytime soon.

You have balls, I have balls too  Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:03:48 AM

still holding, and waiting for 10k to use my bitcoin for soemthign greater than buying gillette on purse.io

i repeat this baby is so massively undervalued it's not even funny

above 100k if you are alone and have an house, it's already "wealth" for me
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:09:55 AM

No need to live underneath your means imo.. Just use your fiat to live a normal lifestyle and keep those coins locked up. That's what I'm doing atleast.

Glad I decided to buy as much as I could with spare cash until the 440 region. Now I think it is not worth it to buy new coins, I'll rather sit on my stash now Smiley
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 06:20:54 AM

Im not sure where you live but at current prices, even if it went up to 1000 dollars a coin , 2-10 bitcoins wouldnt make you rich at all. 10k isnt exactly a life changing amount. Anyone who is needing to adjust their lifestyle right now because of the change of price of bitcoin would have to be holding at least a few hundred in my opinion.

ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:34:58 AM

I will continue to grow, and will throw my capital into real business, I will try to open a business in the real. such as opening a restaurant, or buy land

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:39:18 AM

2-10 Bitcoins is not wealthy!

2 Bitcoins is currently worth about $1400, you can't buy a decent road bike for that, let alone a car or a house!
10 bitcoins is a decent investment given the recent rise, but still doesn't make you wealthy.

For 2-10 Bitcoins to make you wealthy, I think the price would have to be $100k per bitcoin.
I am still enjoying the rise anyway.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 06:47:00 AM

2-10 Bitcoins is not wealthy!

2 Bitcoins is currently worth about $1400, you can't buy a decent road bike for that, let alone a car or a house!
10 bitcoins is a decent investment given the recent rise, but still doesn't make you wealthy.

For 2-10 Bitcoins to make you wealthy, I think the price would have to be $100k per bitcoin.
I am still enjoying the rise anyway.

Exactly this. 100k per coin would make most people pretty well off but even then if you have 2-10 btc its not going to be enough money for most people to retire unless you live in a 3rd world country or somewhere pretty cheap.

hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 10:25:03 AM

Well, I wished that I had sold my house and went all in with bitcoin earlier... The pump has been truly amazing and cannot be understated right now. The price is going over the roof.

I don't really have that much, i'm still getting used to this new bitcoin price though xD
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:16:45 AM

I cannot feel it yet since I am living in a third world country.  But I may say that investing and bitcoin mining helps me in our finances.  Just give me more time then maybe I can feel those wealthiness just like everybody else experiencing through bitcoin right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: