Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:45:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Cryptocurrency-based Reality Show in the Works  (Read 588 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:01:58 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2016, 08:14:08 PM by Gleb Gamow

EDIT: Original title of this thread was Who among us is versed in Reality Shows, namely the pitching of such? (still seeking such), offering up no apologies if the new title comes across as hyperbole, for it truly is in the "works" considering that it's being worked on.

The mega idea in mind is crypto-based, albeit not the overall theme, yet plays a vital role. It'll be predominated based in Nashville, TN, with participates spanning the globe (or flat Earth, depending on how you roll).

I'm pretty sure that I could pen a paper pitch myself, but thought I'd ask to see if anybody's interested in collaborating, bringing to the table their skill sets for a better shot of seeing the project to fruition.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 12:02:43 AM

It'll be predominated based in Nashville, TN, with participates spanning the globe (or flat Earth, depending on how you roll).

Not a good idea to hold it in the states.  You'd be dealing with backward measurements that most people in the world couldn't understand.

If the US wants to hold international events, they really should go metric with the rest of the world.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:45:56 AM

It'll be predominated based in Nashville, TN, with participates spanning the globe (or flat Earth, depending on how you roll).

Not a good idea to hold it in the states.  You'd be dealing with backward measurements that most people in the world couldn't understand.

If the US wants to hold international events, they really should go metric with the rest of the world.   Undecided

We use both measurements here in the states since most everything is Made in China. I hate Chinese slave made garbage and would rather deal with American made but unfortunately it's life.   I'm not sure a reality show involving Crypto or BTC would be popular enough to survive.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8103

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:49:49 AM

We use both measurements here in the states since most everything is Made in China. I hate Chinese slave made garbage and would rather deal with American made but unfortunately it's life.   I'm not sure a reality show involving Crypto or BTC would be popular enough to survive.

Where have you been?  Bitcoin and Altcoins are merely a side-show here at Bitcointalk.org!  However you measure it, there is plenty to entertain the masses... er... weights.

Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:54:07 AM

I somewhat considered that, with the going through any regulatory processes being excellent fodder for what I have in mind. The crypto aspect could easily be scaled back or embraced accordingly as far as any production is concerned if for some reason that's a deal breaker, expanding on other aspects conducive to the overall project.

Thanks to everybody's inputs to date.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:03:37 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2016, 08:12:33 PM by Gleb Gamow

To date, I have a strong working title for the reality show (given what the overall concept entails), along with what I believe to be an excellent logline, and the one-paragraph description penned. I'm not too concerned about the idea being taken from beneath me because I doubt no entity would risk getting sue and losing because proof of first submission would easily be provided. That said, if anybody wants to see what I have to date so that they and others can critique or expand upon the idea, simply ask on this thread, whereupon I'll post it.

Spoiler Alert: A prison is the prize, and although not mentioned in the description, because every good reality show worth its salt needs a memorable character so that viewers can talk about the next day, the best character I can muster come up thus far is none other than ...

Don't laugh, for it's quite possible he may be one of the main reasons the show gets picked up in spite of him being a crypto naysayer. Besides, a nemesis is needed, and he'll fit the bill provided there's no serious skeletons in his closet, but even if there are, he still could play a limited role.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:18:00 AM

^^^ This saddens me! If nobody cares, I will lock this thread. Please, somebody care. Do it for the Gleb.  Tongue Tongue Tongue
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 02:55:17 AM

How are you going to get the bad guys to turn up for the filming?  Is this going to be a reality show with actors portraying the bad guys?
This show would not be complete without a total prick like Inaba and yet I wouldn't really like to see his life enriched any further by anyone even remotely connected to bitcoin.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:16:28 AM

How are you going to get the bad guys to turn up for the filming?  Is this going to be a reality show with actors portraying the bad guys?
This show would not be complete without a total prick like Inaba and yet I wouldn't really like to see his life enriched any further by anyone even remotely connected to bitcoin.

Bad guys will be ever so slightly touched upon, with not being afraid to mention them to a fuller extent depending on what fodder is needed to move the episodes along. In fact, until you mentioned it, I didn't even give the ilk one iota of thought for their inclusion as a mere mention or otherwise, but I guess they could play a role (hell, I just now envisioned how, given we'll have real jail cells at our disposal - and a real electric chair). No actors, all real people, with any actors playing themselves.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:16:16 AM

I'd rather see a movie than reality show..
And i would want Miley Cyrus to play me !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:24:49 AM

I'd rather see a movie than reality show..
And i would want Miley Cyrus to play me !

If a movie, I'd have Justin Bieber play me.

Ideally, though, an at least three-season reality show would bring more awareness to crypto than if only a movie were made. That said, I'm still waiting for somebody to ask me to post what I have to date as a pitch page.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:27:27 PM

BUMP! I swear that if nobody wants to read the title, logline or description of the crypto-based reality show, then I'll lock this thread forever.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:12:04 AM

I'm sure there are many people dying to see what you have in mind.  Are you going to start a new thread or can you post the pitch here?
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:49:50 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 08:42:36 PM by Gleb Gamow

I'm sure there are many people dying to see what you have in mind.  Are you going to start a new thread or can you post the pitch here?

No new thread is warranted with this one sufficing. I'll simply quote the first dude who asks [with minor commentary], along with updating the OP accordingly what I've promised. Until then, I go triple-check what I have to date to doubly make sure she's up to snuff. Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah.

EDIT: Opted for a new thread, with apologies to the thousands of folks awaiting for the info on this thread.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:40:45 PM

Okay, due to the hundreds of PMs I've received  Roll Eyes, I've opted to start a thread in Project Development - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1514760.0

Go check it out and comment on the envisioned reality show concept.

God bless, and may all your child be born with fingers and toes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: