Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking Legal Advice on business dispute affecting my mining operation  (Read 384 times)
navigatrix (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:11:11 AM

Short story: I rented space from a person and got a really good deal, as he has use for the waste heat for my miners, etc. We signed a rental contract and all has gone well until May 5th. This person is not the problem - in fact we had been talking expansion and partnering for some hardware development and possibly hosting offerings.

The problem is that he is now in a dispute with another party over the title to the land his workshop (and my bitcoin miners) sits on. The other party called up the local utility company and shut off our power. My miners have been down for 38 days now.

I may have found an alternate location but configuring it, moving, etc. will take more time and money. I'd like to get a court order (if possible) to turn the power back on and allow my miners to operate there until their feud is settled (or a year, whichever is longest). I don't know if that's even possible, but it needs to happen last month.

This mining op is my livelihood. If you can help (not necessarily pro bono but at a good rate) please PM me. I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:14:52 AM

You'll probably save money & time by just moving then going through the legal route to resolve it.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 02:41:43 AM

Screw the legal advice, get your miners up and running again somewhere else... fast.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:52:24 AM

This sounds strangely similar, I had a this problem a year or two ago, Turned out the person, moved the miners to point to their pool and claimed it was someone else kicking up a stink with power usage and had them cut off.

I'm not saying you have the same problem, but just be sure you know who your dealing with, I was double crossed, but they paid in the end.

my advice, move the equipment FAST! even if this is real, dont be caught up in other peoples disputes.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:56:49 AM

This sounds strangely similar, I had a this problem a year or two ago, Turned out the person, moved the miners to point to their pool and claimed it was someone else kicking up a stink with power usage and had them cut off.

I'm not saying you have the same problem, but just be sure you know who your dealing with, I was double crossed, but they paid in the end.

my advice, move the equipment FAST! even if this is real, dont be caught up in other peoples disputes.

Yeah. 38 days is a lot of time, you should never wait in such a situation. Sure moving cost time and money, but 1.5 mining income is a lot.
Suppose he/you loses the law suit, you will still have to pay for the transfer cost and even worse, your mining loss will be sufficient..

Just look at the price now... waiting costs you a lot of money...
navigatrix (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 10:42:52 AM

Nah, it's nothing like that. I have been visiting and maintaining the miners twice a month, otherwise monitoring thru VPN. My 'landlord' is a father-son operation, electronics engineer and network wiz. Really good people and we're good friends. Problem is the other party. I won't get into the details here but 'fraud' is a word being kicked around.
To stay viable I need the same deal, which will be hard to find, unless I buy my own real estate -- tough to do when your income is your bitcoin mine.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: