Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to bitcoin price in the future?  (Read 997 times)
ggbitcoin000 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:53:36 AM

just brainstorming here: with 21m bitcoin as max, what happens to the bitcoin after all mined? We just keep using the mined bitcoins with no rewards? I can draw a parallel between this as some currency (e.g.) that can not be printed at all after certain time. With that, the maximum market cap for bitcoin with the current price of 650$ is about 13,5 billion. Now the value can certainly rise and fall depending on how popular it becomes however if it really becomes, i can only see it is rising in value tremendously and forever and only issue hampering its growth is the granularity such that there could be some products whose price can not be represented by a smallest unit of bitcoin: satoshi. But still i think it is long long way to reach to the point. So I just re-imagined, how much the value of bitcoin will be when 1 satoshi equals 1 cents. This milestone is  I think is important because once 1 satoshi start equalling more than 1 cents, we started seeing some products/things that can not be represented 1 satoshi and that value is 1btc=1,000,000$.

But if it rises more than that, i dont see huge issue since there are not much stuff/products that costs 1c (1satoshi) and likely of crisis resulting from products costing less than 1c/1satoshi is very minimal.

Just my stupid thoughts Smiley

The interest i have here is with that much rising potential how to make it more valuable so that anyone holding bitcoin can reap a nice benefit. The way forward seems more need to use bitcoin, increasing its demand, and promoting it to generic public.

Also there is a risk due to volatile nature..due to its small market cap, that negative news affected the bitcoin price tremendously from 1000$ to less than 200$ few years back due to the fact it was involved in underground illegal trading. Looking from now on, I think it was more like a knee-jerk reaction of market, people not realizing that it is not because it is favored currency by criminals, dollar is so far the most favourite currency by criminals. I think we have mostly overcome that stage and several of the dark web page has shut down, yet bitcoin thrived. In fact, I think those events actually helped to make bitcoin more popular by giving my press, albeit in a negative way.

Now what in the future could potentially drive down the price again?

If you see any flaws in my thought process, please let me know and why.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:34:12 AM

At the moment, the smallest unit is Satoshi. However, if the demand keep increasing and we have more and more coins lost, we can go further down to 1 mSatoshi, 1 microSatoshi.... etc

With the mining reward halving every 4 years, we will eventually have the mining reward coming from the transaction fee. At the moment it is very minimal. However, as we go halving every time, the transaction fee will become more and more significant. Value of bitcoin will continue to increase resulting in transaction fee able to sustain the mining cost...

Everything is in equilibrium.

just brainstorming here: with 21m bitcoin as max, what happens to the bitcoin after all mined? We just keep using the mined bitcoins with no rewards? I can draw a parallel between this as some currency (e.g.) that can not be printed at all after certain time. With that, the maximum market cap for bitcoin with the current price of 650$ is about 13,5 billion. Now the value can certainly rise and fall depending on how popular it becomes however if it really becomes, i can only see it is rising in value tremendously and forever and only issue hampering its growth is the granularity such that there could be some products whose price can not be represented by a smallest unit of bitcoin: satoshi. But still i think it is long long way to reach to the point. So I just re-imagined, how much the value of bitcoin will be when 1 satoshi equals 1 cents. This milestone is  I think is important because once 1 satoshi start equalling more than 1 cents, we started seeing some products/things that can not be represented 1 satoshi and that value is 1btc=1,000,000$.

But if it rises more than that, i dont see huge issue since there are not much stuff/products that costs 1c (1satoshi) and likely of crisis resulting from products costing less than 1c/1satoshi is very minimal.

The interest i have here is with that much rising potential how to make it more valuable so that anyone holding bitcoin can reap a nice benefit. The way forward seems more need to use bitcoin, increasing its demand, and promoting it to generic public.

Also there is a risk due to volatile nature..due to its small market cap, that negative news affected the bitcoin price tremendously from 1000$ to less than 200$ few years back due to the fact it was involved in underground illegal trading. Looking from now on, I think it was more like a knee-jerk reaction of market, people not realizing that it is not because it is favored currency by criminals, dollar is so far the most favourite currency by criminals. I think we have mostly overcome that stage and several of the dark web page has shut down, yet bitcoin thrived. In fact, I think those events actually helped to make bitcoin more popular by giving my press, albeit in a negative way.

Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:47:04 AM

In my opinion, by the time the price of Bitcoins will be quite different, how we know it is now present. And for example, 1 Satoshi will cost a lot of money. Some feared that the Bitcoin can add more zeros. Okay, why not? For example 0,0000000000000001 BTC.
Moreover, does not interfere with anything else cryptocurrency create hundreds of them! And maybe there will be a parallel with Bitcoins.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:15:45 AM

i think you can easily hard code other small unit smaller than 1 satoshi, to solve such issue, if bitcoin ever touch that value

i would be very happy already, because it mean that bitcoin has been successful, everyhting else can always be tweaked easily, it's just code, require consensus though
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:11:54 AM

Nobody knows what is going to happen with the Bitcoin price in the future because we cannot look into the future. I think that the price will be higher tho then now so that we can make more money.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:55:36 AM

Nobody knows what is going to happen with the Bitcoin price in the future because we cannot look into the future. I think that the price will be higher tho then now so that we can make more money.
i agree  no one knows what will happen on its price in the near future.It is depending on its supply and demand so nothing is stable its price may fall down or even rise up to its peak specially this halving.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 09:05:29 AM

Unfortunately i  don't think this is a problem we are going to have to deal with anytime in the near future.  At the moment bitcoin can be broken down into such small increments that unless we reach ridiculous amounts of money per bitcoin its just not an issue.  1 million per bitcoin is not going to be seen in our lifetime and pretty good chance ever.

genos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:20:00 PM

Bitcoin price will always rise because the devotee is increase every time, many people wants bitcoin so bitcoin will always exist.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:25:07 PM

Don't think of too long, try to enjoy the present pump and start making profits by selling at a right time, bitcoin will always involve price ups and downs in future.
praprata

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:57:20 PM

Don't think of too long, try to enjoy the present pump and start making profits by selling at a right time, bitcoin will always involve price ups and downs in future.
That is impossible to predict everything can happen within a couple of years, maybe the Bitcoin will disappear or it will be still around and the price can be even higher the  now.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:32:02 PM

in fact no one knows about it, but I think bitcoin will become something more upscale in the future, and it certainly affects the price, maybe the normal price is $ 1000 for a one bitcoin
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:38:44 PM

in fact no one knows about it, but I think bitcoin will become something more upscale in the future, and it certainly affects the price, maybe the normal price is $ 1000 for a one bitcoin
yes no one can predict the future of bitcoin, in fact I think a lot of people are surprised by the price increase at this time, it was totally unexpected we will reach $700 in a short time. I hope we can reach $1,000 this year, it seems that it is not difficult if you see the current prices continue to rise
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:42:19 PM

I think the future of bitcoin is very good , as most of the online sites are starting to use bitcoins and mostly it is getting more success in gambling field, but if more online shopping sites start to use bitcoins then we can see the price of bitcoin above $1500, but for that all country should accept bitcoins also in legal option.
Nowl1935

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:16:52 PM

For me, I think the future of Bitcoin will be good, because we all know, Bitcoin is a very popular internet currency now, and there are so many newbie that is interested to know more about bitcoin. It is very succesful right now and in the future it will be more succesful. I just hope bitcoin to be 1,000$ this year :)Just wait for it Smiley
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:18:54 PM

I think the future of bitcoin is very good , as most of the online sites are starting to use bitcoins and mostly it is getting more success in gambling field, but if more online shopping sites start to use bitcoins then we can see the price of bitcoin above $1500, but for that all country should accept bitcoins also in legal option.

Yeah a bright future is waiting for bitcoin ahead, and we the price of bitcoin will be much higher when more users and new companies will start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment.
relq

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:23:12 PM

It's hard to predict the price of bitcoin in the future. But i think bitcoin have a good future though, especially on this year. I think the bitcoin's price will be good for this year and next year.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:27:00 PM

I am not a fortune teller but i can give my opinion here.. as user of bitcoin i think bitcoin will be more popular in the future we can use it in other stores shoping and use in arcade as our credit.. its will more high tech in the future and more atm banks are can withdraw bitcoins instantly just use qr codes and sending payment from your smartphone to atm.. this is i think it would be happen in the future..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:40:30 PM

Reward will always remain in terms of fees for transaction which will be for sure less that the block reward miner getting now but after all bitcoin got mined it is sure price will be so high that even small fee will be profitable for miners and bitcoin can survive long forever.

Kprawn
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:48:48 PM

Nobody seemed to want to answer the last part of your questions, so here goes... The Bitcoin price can be pushed down, by any of the following things :

~ Negative publicity in mainstream media
~ Fiat and Alt coin shills posting rubbish and fud on public forums and websites.
~ Scandals where Bitcoin are used as a currency { Malware / Hacks / Kiddie porn / terrorism }
~ Government influence { Ban or over regulation }

These are just some of the things that might push the Bitcoin price down, but we still slowly recovering from most of these things and still moving upwards.

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED & PLAYER-OWNED CASINO
.EARNBET..EARN BITCOIN: DIVIDENDS
FOR-LIFETIME & MUCH MORE.
. BET WITH: BTCETHEOSLTCBCHWAXXRPBNB
.JOIN US: GITLABTWITTERTELEGRAM
ImHacked

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:49:08 PM

No one knows.Because bitcoin is depending on supply and demand which may have changes every time so it is not stable at all.It may fall same as it may rise in the future
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: