Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:31:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] PokéBits RPG Bitcoin Browser Game  (Read 3396 times)
PokeBits (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:10:38 PM

No I'm not setting a Buy it Now, I want everyone to have a fair chance at bidding if they have placed a bid.
Starting bid is $1, I started it low to allow users who have previously bid here to be able to bid and have a fair chance.

From now on bids will be placed on flippa : https://flippa.com/6530925-pokebits-com

You just set a BIN: 1000$
Stop posting lies and people might start to bid on your auction.

When I first created the auction, no buy it now was set, users were notified on the forum of the auction move.
All users said they were not going to bid at Flippa, therefore I added a Buy It Now as since no users from the forum said they were going to bid, I have no reason to not add a Buy it Now.

After an auction is started and several bids have been placed you cannot just decide to cancel all the bids and move the auction. That is not trustworthy behavior in the slightest.

Is there a binding contract on bitcointalk forums that states an auction cannot be moved to an actual auction website?

A binding legal contract?  No

However it's considered dishonest, and you likely alienated any bitcoin talk users from bidding on your flippa auction. 

Dishonest?

Moving from a forum to a legitimate auction based website is dishonest?

I would perceive dishonest as A. not telling the users the auction was moved. and B. putting the starting bid way above users initial bids. Instead, I put the starting bid at $1, which was over $200 cheaper than all present bids, giving those users the option to put a lower starting bid if they wanted, or putting the bid they initially had back.

Someone has already bid on your auction.  Moving your auction elsewhere, when there is legitimate bid on the current auction is dishonest.    You don't have to agree with me, but as you have seen in the past few comments, plenty of people do.   I was planning on making a bid here on this auction, now I will not.   It's your call as to what to do with your auction, but you have most definitely lost several bidders.

My loss, I'll cry about it later.

Thanks for your input.
Cs87kxy

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

https://BoostCrypto.com - Earn 250% in 200 Hours

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:56:36 PM

OP, I will still want to put a bid of 0.35 BTC but I don't know how to use flippa or do not trust it.

if you accept bids on this site then please tell me as I am still itnerested in the site. I am just confused about this situation about flippa.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: