Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 04:06:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If prices crash after halving, what would you do?  (Read 12201 times)
pandalion98 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 12:20:18 PM

I would wait for the crash to stop and then i would buy slowly. The best time to buy bitcoins is the time when everybody is running away from it like it has AIDS.

This mega pump won't last forever. When the greed is over we will see a dump like we never saw before.

Yeah i will do the same, i will buy more bitcoins if that scenario happen that the price will crash after halving because i think that the bitcoin will recover fast and also, it will have a mega pump after that crash because there are many bitcoin users around the world that will also buy bitcoins like us.
If awareness raises, that is. If not, I think we'll see the same amount of usage until something significant happens.
Traderx

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:30:03 PM

buying the dip, it's always profitable
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:05:49 PM

I doubt it would crash by so much that it would go back down to sub 400 levels. So any existing holders would still profit, unless they bought it at 500. I have been selling some of it, so I am fine with it.
The price of bitcoin is now reached to a higher value and it is sure that just befre halving the price will be at more than $1000, so we cannot say that the price will come back to $400 sooner, if a down fall occurred then it will be around $800.
chromegabberdome

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:13:02 PM

buy anywhere at $200 USD then help pump it up to $4,000 USD maybe $6,500 if we work a little harder

coz it follows trade market history, it always go down before the price rise so peoplecan buy in then boom to the moon
Sorrowfox

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:28:06 AM

I never think about it.So if bitcoin value crash after halving i think other alt currency will crash down too .Cause all currency defends on bitcoin value if bitcoin crash they will crash down too and all negotiators will be kinda poor
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:52:36 AM

Everyone's excited for the halving event happening around July. Everyone's saving hoping that the price will skyrocket after it.

But what if prices crash down instead? what would you do?

If that happen i would buy as many as i can so that i will gain money if the bitcoin will rise again. Thats my plan if that happen
Many traders ready for that if this will happen many will gain profit so.halving is profitable even if the price of it will rise or it will dump. I think now this wouldnt happen because many bitcoin user buy at high price.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:54:18 AM

Everyone's excited for the halving event happening around July. Everyone's saving hoping that the price will skyrocket after it.

if the price goes down after the halving i would make sure to buy as much bitcoin as i can because that crash is going to be because of dump of newbies and whales accumulating again. so i wouldn't want to lose any chance of the bigger rise.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
b_raii205

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:55:36 AM

Is it best to buy now before halving or hope it drops slightly and then buy immediately after halving?

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:58:13 AM

it did not came to my  mind that price will crash as many of us believes that the price will keep rising up and stay after halving maybe i will after that time come but i strongly believe and hope that my assessment is correct will go up and stay there.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:22:06 AM

Is it best to buy now before halving or hope it drops slightly and then buy immediately after halving?

I think buying bitcoins before halving is a good choice because we can see that the price is continue rising and also have a high possibility that it will reach $800 before the halving comes on the month of july.
b_raii205

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:25:07 AM

I think buying bitcoins before halving is a good choice because we can see that the price is continue rising and also have a high possibility that it will reach $800 before the halving comes on the month of july.

Ok thanks for your advice
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:14:47 PM

what do you call crash?
it can be coming down after entering a big bubble or it can be something else?
in case that we see a price bubble there will be a crash afterwards but it is not going to happen overnight and it is not going to be as big as the rise. and even if that happens bitcoin is still bitcoin and you can still continue using it as you were using it before (if you were using it and not just hoarding for a get rich quick scheme.)
A crash happens overnight only and doesn't take long. By crash, I guess OP means it reaching a value below $400 but I don't think it's possible. The first time I've seen halving being profitable for users unlike LTC that failed and that was a real crash. In any case, $400 is not a small amount as people refer it to be.
Yes for bitcoin we cannot think that a crash will occur in it and in LTC a crash occurred because there was no any use of it other than trade, while bitcoin is usable in a number of online fields and millions of people have their money invested in bitcoin so the price will remain there where it will be at halving(the highest).

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:31:54 PM

I have been an investor for several years, and of course I am mentally prepared to face all negative scenarios. Actually I don't have many alternatives because my bitcoin amount is very small still, and that is why I would keep mi coins even in the case of a sharp drop, and I would take advantage of that situation to buy more bitcoins.
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:18:20 PM

Honestly, it's almost definite that prices will not crash as you will see widely spread around the community, however during that initial time period i can understand why you would be concerned about the future of your money
My suggestion is that you keep a few alternatives open and ready to sell if it does, rather curiously, crash, this is unlikely so i wouldn't worry about it too much, as even if it does crash the value will rise again, but if you really want to be sure, do that

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:34:42 PM

if that happens I will probably panic and sell, then I will take the opportunity to buy as much as possible, because it will surely rebound.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:08:27 AM

my purpose hold for halving, so I will continue to monitor the price when halving will occur and sell all when it looks there will be a big dump.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 08:22:10 AM

Well, I believe that there is going to be a crash, aka an adjustment after the halving. However, that adjustment isn't going to last forever. I'm simply going to hold onto my coins, as I believe the price will slowly make its way back up again.

I'm still HODLing.
ashkanb

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:05:56 PM

I would wait for the crash to stop and then i would buy slowly. The best time to buy bitcoins is the time when everybody is running away from it like it has AIDS.

This mega pump won't last forever. When the greed is over we will see a dump like we never saw before.

Yeah i will do the same, i will buy more bitcoins if that scenario happen that the price will crash after halving because i think that the bitcoin will recover fast and also, it will have a mega pump after that crash because there are many bitcoin users around the world that will also buy bitcoins like us.
If awareness raises, that is. If not, I think we'll see the same amount of usage until something significant happens.

there Will be an adjustment; that much is certain;
one way or the other, blockchains is The future of everything & bitcoin will always be the original blockchain
(the implications of that fact is vast & not inherently always good for bitcoin.)

for the foreseeable future the awareness & uses are there
bitcoin has as much potential to grow (it's price along with it) as it can Scale.
imo once halving is past & done the largest long term factor contributing to the price of bitcoin is Scalability!
(old news, right?)
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:28:27 PM

nothing i could do because i'm not controlling bitcoin prices but may be only felt regret why i didn't sell my bitcoin when reach the highest prices in 2016 and i would still sell all my bitcoin even though i would experience huge losses
jay8291

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:08:12 PM

Well it will definitely Rise not Crash. Think Positively Buddy
Halving will reduce the supply hence price will Spike.

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███