Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:04:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If prices crash after halving, what would you do?  (Read 12208 times)
macmac22

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:19:28 AM

Everyone's excited for the halving event happening around July. Everyone's saving hoping that the price will skyrocket after it.

But what if prices crash down instead? what would you do?
Actually the bitcoin collectors here on our country have a strategy on halving. Before halving we keep saving btc then we wait btc price to go up before halving then we convert our btc to out currency then wait the halving then when halving happens the price will go down so we wait till the price go to the lowest we think btc goes then convert our money to btc again in that way we keep our btc in same price but if btc goes up again we will gain profit on that that's also sample of simple trading
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:22:55 AM

If the price crashes after halving, I will buy when I see the trend turn around, and hope it doesn't go lower than that! But I think everyone is expecting spike up, spike down, stabilize, kinda of like last time... so instead I think it's either straight up or straight down longer than people expect. Personally, I think so many people are expecting it to spike down and they are ruled by fear so I think the big guys are planning on buying it all up cheap and raising at least 40% from that point. I think we will see over $1300.
If it is spike down I will buy many as long as my financial can afford it then I will just save it for the future. I do not think that bitcoin will crash after halving because the new higher prices (possible around halving)will make bitcoin almost equivalent to main stream of adoption. Then we can have many new investors into bitcoin ecosystem.

Not after halving but when the price hits some nice range. Expect a crash after some rallies even prior to the halving eta.

Most of the big whales are for profit. They don't care about halving thing.
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:27:36 AM

I will sell bitcoin saaat have good prices when halving. but if you look at the history halving next 4 years will also be very beneficial. so it does not hurt to keep our bitcoin longer.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
PsursV

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:56:00 AM

i am hopeful that the price will not fell down. i think it will raise to the next high limit. but if the price fell down i will wait for the rate stability. when the rate become stable then i will try to buy more and more bitcoin. because i am sure that it will be a temporary downfall.
Woshib

Activity: 938
Merit: 576

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:57:05 AM

Everyone's excited for the halving event happening around July. Everyone's saving hoping that the price will skyrocket after it.

Since I do not have much Bitcoins now.
If the price drops after halving, I think I will just continue to use the Bitcoin.
But I think that after that, the price of Bitcoin will increase.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:47:13 PM

What would I do? I'd be contributing to that crash. I've already cashed out most of my bitcoin into gold after Brexit, thinking of coming back to bitcoin just for the halving.
freebitcoins4u

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:45:03 AM

not panicking and wait for the price to go up again 
pandalion98 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 06:58:50 AM

If the price crashes after halving, I will buy when I see the trend turn around, and hope it doesn't go lower than that! But I think everyone is expecting spike up, spike down, stabilize, kinda of like last time... so instead I think it's either straight up or straight down longer than people expect. Personally, I think so many people are expecting it to spike down and they are ruled by fear so I think the big guys are planning on buying it all up cheap and raising at least 40% from that point. I think we will see over $1300.
If it is spike down I will buy many as long as my financial can afford it then I will just save it for the future. I do not think that bitcoin will crash after halving because the new higher prices (possible around halving)will make bitcoin almost equivalent to main stream of adoption. Then we can have many new investors into bitcoin ecosystem.
I agree that it would't crash though. Major companies are already backing and using bitcoin. People also invested in bitcoin already. The more people using it, the more tolerant it is to volatility.

This question is mainly hypothetical. I'm curious how people would react.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:04:08 AM

Relax, buy some more. my 2 pennies

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16894

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 07:18:25 AM

Bitcoin value already crashed down in the past week. It will go up again, and it will crash again. With or without halving, this will happen. You just don't know when.
The only thing you know for sure, is that the supply of new Bitcoins gets lower after the halving. But the newly mined coins are not instantly sold by the miners. Try this: Go to Blockchain.info, click the last blocks, and check where the newly mined coins went.
These are the balances:
431.10594346 BTC, 3,340.45052123 BTC, 75.87021485 BTC and 3,366.68709321 BTC.

Miners are in no rush now to sell their Bitcoins. And if they're not instantly selling now, the amount they sell will not instantly go down after the halving.

I think the halving is hyped. Everybody expects the price to go up, leading to the price going up. At the last halving, nothing happened until the price exploded months later.
So either way, nothing changes for me. I sell when I like the price, or I keep holding until I like the price. And I don't mind holding for years.

Nouelle-Hunter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:44:47 AM

I will buy a lot of bitcoin and will wait to price increase I believe that someday the price will pump up and Im sure about that

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:18:42 AM

The main thing is not to panic. It's quite normal.

Emerging technologies, and all at once shocked and hype on the capabilities of the new technology. This is called the peak of inflated expectations. But the technology is still not working as it should. It takes time for it's earned as a necessary technology. Hence comes the technology at some point prior to the point of frustration. And then either disappears or gradually enlightened until until it becomes productive. This principle works for all technologies.

So it should just calm down, and buy Bitcoin at low price.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:31:22 AM

Bitcoin Price cycle,
Price goes up -> Traders who bought the coins at cheap price sold most of their coins -> Price Goes Down -> Traders bought the coins again at lower price

Rinse and Repeat Grin
and I think the price will crash at halving, most people will sell their coins at that day Grin
Don't panic, just buy the cheap coins and wait till the price goes up again

Profit Tongue
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:34:47 PM

Bitcoin Price cycle,
Price goes up -> Traders who bought the coins at cheap price sold most of their coins -> Price Goes Down -> Traders bought the coins again at lower price

Rinse and Repeat Grin
and I think the price will crash at halving, most people will sell their coins at that day Grin

Profit Tongue

then with that logic there is no natural growth for bitcoin itself and price should have never risen up from $200 to $400 and it should have gone down back to the lowest level of all time which is never possible.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 01:47:05 PM

Bitcoin Price cycle,

Rinse and Repeat Grin

Profit Tongue

Price is already going down. At the halving point I expect it to be around 500 USD, maybe even lower. IF we find a crash then, miners will have a big problem (yes even the big boys)
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:43:31 PM

i am hopeful that the price will not crash. may be the market take a little correction but it doesn't mean that the price will crash. but perhaps it happed and the price crash i will wait for the botton price and when i realized that now the price will  not fell down any more then i will try to buy as many bitcoin as i can.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:15:01 AM

I'm believing in the bitcoin so I would stay holding because soon or later the price will go up again.
The bitcoin always has came back up to a nice worth...
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:02:59 AM

I'm believing in the bitcoin so I would stay holding because soon or later the price will go up again.
The bitcoin always has came back up to a nice worth...
bitcoin has a great future. with halving it could raise the price of bitcoin to a higher place. These days there are indeed being reduced prices, but I believe in july will be month and date to celebrate bitcoin. everyone will be partying.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 07:57:46 AM

Since I do not have much Bitcoins now.
If the price drops after halving, I think I will just continue to use the Bitcoin.
But I think that after that, the price of Bitcoin will increase.
Yes it is possible for the price to drop down after halving because i also expect that many users will sell their coins because the price will be higher than now and if you ask i will just not continue to use but i will also take advantage of it and i will buy bitcoins as much as i can because we know that it's easy for bitcoin to back to normal price again because bitcoin has many users around the world.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 08:12:54 AM

i have set prices to buy more for now

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: