Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Is Unsustainable 6/29/2015 - I almost understand  (Read 345 times)
CoinCarrie (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 09:22:57 AM

Here is the article I am sure everyone has seen.  It references a friend of this board as well:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/bitcoin-is-unsustainable

If I wanted to better understand what this article was talking about where should I start?  There are so many self proclaimed experts, forums, books, articles and "papers" it just confuses me.  Google gives me millions of hits.  Are there 2-3 people (or more) to follow here or on other sites?  Is there anyone specific on youtube I should follow?  There are a mind numbing amount of posts on this forum alone.  I do not think I ever want to mine.  However, I want to understand it and bit coin as technical as possible through my own effort & 'scope'.  Is there a great class I could take?  The year is 2016 - what are the top 5 places I should start?  I will happily take more than 5 suggestions.  However, I know your time is worth money and value it.  So, I will take whatever you offer.

Is this article true, the one above?  Or have a year later, close to the day we proved it false?
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4382
Merit: 3666

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 10:57:50 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2016, 11:10:45 AM by vapourminer

welcome to bitcointalk.

i too interested in well written, knowledgeable stuff to follow. the signal to noise ratio for btc is near infinity:1 here on bitcointalk and not much better in the net in general.

my one comment on the above article (as a nobody) is i have read here that some btc mines are built near hydo power plants. and they can use excess power capacity that would otherwise be wasted. here is a good thread to read:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072474

its mainly about one mine in particular and not about sustainability, just about mining farms in general.
CoinCarrie (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:50:11 AM

Ya, I absolutely saw that - that was "our friend" the article mentioned.  I will have to take a look at that.  But it is 30 + pages long.  Just so much information.  I know there has to be some basic stuff I should look at.  But, ready or not - diving in
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: