Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you try Bitsquare? If not, why?  (Read 946 times)
DahRookie (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:10:14 AM

Complaints about centralized exchanges seem to be on the rise.

An alternative, that is easy to set up, is already there - Bitsquare. No KYC/AML info needed. Perssonal information is stored encrypted, locally and is only shared between two trading parties.

More than 500 successful trades have already happened. No money was lost, no fraud attempts have happened. If you set up an OkPay account, trades can be finalized within minutes. Within the SEPA zone bank transfers seem to work quite well.

Yet, orderbooks at Bitsquare are still very thin:

http://imgur.com/gallery/QZHfi

One experience I made is, when I set up reasonable orders (about 1% from market price), orders are taken quickly.

Another random experience I made (I prefer SEPA) is that I made trades with people from many countries already: Spain, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, France... People I have no relation with, but I don't hesitate to send money there, because I know if I follow the protocol, I will receive my bitcoins.
What is your experience?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://github.com/bitsquare/bitsquare/releases

https://bitsquare.io/

https://forum.bitsquare.io/

DahRookie (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:00:09 PM

Your input is important to us.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:37:58 PM

Definitely very interested in Bitsquare, although I can neither confirm nor deny whether I have been amongst the 500 trades already completed Cheesy

Now Bitsquare is launched/publicly operational, I definitely want to switch all or most of my BTC trading over to Bitsquare, but it will take time to build the confidence, and in turn, the orderbook/liquidity. You're totally going the right way about this, the platform does need promotion/exposition right now, but in the end, it will do an excellent job of selling/promoting itself as it grows (success begetting success). After all, Bitsquare is the first and only decentralised exchange for BTC <-> fiat, despite lofty promises from other platforms.

Vires in numeris
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 02:00:43 PM

I haven't tried Bitsquare before, but the general idea of decentralized exchanges seems very nice to me. I'll be sure to take a look at this new decentralized exchange.
DahRookie (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:37:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback and the warm words @Carlton Banks.

If there's any critique or feature requests, you can simply reply here.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:08:25 PM

I have already downloaded bitsquare app but never done any trade in it, i have heard this one works as decentralized exchnage platform but i am yet to figure out how to start.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:13:15 PM

I'll guess that alot of people use exchanges for the trading aspect of stuff, not to buy coins and immediately pull them out and put them away. I assume bitsquare ain't applicable for that type of action?
DahRookie (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:21:26 PM

I have already downloaded bitsquare app but never done any trade in it, i have heard this one works as decentralized exchnage platform but i am yet to figure out how to start.

It's easy:

Doubleclick to install and run
Go to 'Account' to set up the currencies you want to trade (crypto and fiat)
Create Wallet Password (and write down seed and date)
Backup Wallet (Yeah, Bitsquare is a fully encrypted local Bitcoin Wallet, too)
Fund Wallet under 'Funds' - 'Deposit Funds' Tab (at least 0.02 btc, you'll need that for the security deposit)

If you're experienced that takes 2 minutes.

You're good to go buy or sell btc.
DahRookie (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:26:05 PM

I'll guess that alot of people use exchanges for the trading aspect of stuff, not to buy coins and immediately pull them out and put them away. I assume bitsquare ain't applicable for that type of action?

That really depends on what you want to do. If you want to trade large amounts (100s of btc at once) Bitsquare's not for you at the moment.

If you're a high frequency daytrader (which most people shouldn't be because it's very risky) Bitsquare's not for you as well. That is because at Bitsquare you trade real bitcoins and not numbers on your screen.
JohnyWalkerUK

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:37:42 PM

I honestly never tried it because of the simply reason, I never heard from it and I do not think its also popular for the users on here.
If it was more popular it was also more used for sure.
DahRookie (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:44:51 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 11:04:19 AM by DahRookie

I honestly never tried it because of the simply reason, I never heard from it and I do not think its also popular for the users on here.

That's probably true. The main reason is that Bitsquare development is self-funded (+ a couple of generous donations). There is just no money for advertising. It's a community project.

Do you have any ideas, how we could push Bitsquare to the next level?

Any help is welcome!
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:37:41 PM

I've had the bitsquare installer just sitting on my desktop for over a week now, because I simply have no need for it. With the halving so closer though, maybe I soon will

That's probably true. The main reason is that Bitsquare development is self-funded (+ a couple of generous donations). There is just no money for advertising. It's a community project.

Do you have any ideas, how we could push Bitsquare to the next level?

Any help is welcome!

Signature campaign? It'll be a relief to see something that's not a gambling site being advertised Smiley
DahRookie (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:34:08 PM

Did we learn from the Bitfinex fuck-up?

Show Bitsquare some love and get your business over there.

Bitsquare does NOT store user funds.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:53:28 PM

I have tried it and must say I am impressed with the level of service that they provide and the features that were available to me when I looked into opening an account with them.
Deuceisgood

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:58:28 AM

I've taken a look, and more or less decided to migrate my trading over to one or another decentralized exchange. (I think Bitsquare is the one I looked at ... are there others?) But I'm not actively trading right now, and would like to see liquidity improve etc. before I put my coins at risk and invest (again) in the learning curve required of a new platform.

DahRookie (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:01:22 AM

Thanks for your feedback!

Liquidity is our main concern right now.

The platform works as expected with just minor bugs that are promptly taken care of. No funds were ever at risk or even lost.

We just added trading stats: https://market.bitsquare.io/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: