Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.5 Years in Bitcoin and still holding.  (Read 11565 times)
windale

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:39:59 AM

if you buy bitcoin 2,5 year later
and holding 2,5 year latter, this mean your buy bitcoin 2013 - 2014
i think this now your still lost because price in 2013 bitcoin price 1000 dollar every one bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:22:12 PM

I started buying in January or February 2014 around 600 a coin, and kept doing so until March 2016. Never sold any of them, and I'm up well over 200 bucks a coin.

Another case in point that if you just have patience, wait, and keep emotion out of it you'll do well in the long run.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:52:23 PM

i think this now your still lost because price in 2013 bitcoin price 1000 dollar every one bitcoin
That's probably why he's still holding right now to be honest, and it doesn't surprise me that he would still be holding at this point if he bought in around $1k, even $700.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:15:09 AM

That's probably why he's still holding right now to be honest, and it doesn't surprise me that he would still be holding at this point if he bought in around $1k, even $700.
For sure he would hold it as long it reaches the $1k price because he would lost for sure some % of his investments but in year 2013-2014 it's not on a 1k price maybe he bought on lower price. Most of us would sure hold our coin and wait for the right time to sell to make profits.

AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:22:09 AM

I'm just only a newbie here but I think you did a great decision of holding your bitcoin and wait until it hits high. Having patience on something is good, like what you did cause it's really hard if you're selling or spending your btc this past few years and in just a blink of an eye it hits $1500 or something more higher for sure you'll gonna regret it which is not the thing you don't want to happen right?
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:35:09 AM

I think you are a patient person, not everyone can survive that long. most people will panic when bitcoin prices rise or fall, as most of us would soon sell bitcoin we have. if you were able to survive until bitcoin price reaches $ 1000, I think it would make a profit. need great confidence that you could survive like that
longorshort

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:02:36 AM

I have invested bitcoin since 2013, 3 years, and I still love bitcoin. I am a bitcoin holder. I will keep bitcoin for my son and daughter.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:16:54 AM

i got all my freelance work payment via bitcoin all these 3 years. spent very little. believed in bitcoin and was holding all these times. finally its going uppppp !!! who is holding like me since this long?

im too late, i have barround 5bitcoin at 2015 and i sell it all my bitcoin, some for buying altcoin then lose, some get hacked and some for fun.
now im in progres to collecting bitcoin again. hope this month i can reach 2btc Smiley

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:09:35 AM

if you are holding so long its pretty insane but its good, I most likely already sold my bitcoins because in that 2.5 years there been some good prices.
I would like to know why you took the step to hold it longer which such profits that could be made ?

It's a common thing that people have in mind that the longer you hold your coins, the more value they will gain throughout the years. This potential is what makes people hold their coins for such a long period of time. That being said, not many people can actually hold their coins for such a long time. Only the most dedicated holders can do it. You need to resist selling to secure profits. If you can do that without problems, then you'll do very well.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:31:00 PM

I am sure that you are already able to make money with those Bitcoin but I bet that you are going to hold on to them for a longer period of time.
I maybe am also going to this but it is hard to hold on to them for such a long time.
wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:49:15 PM

I am sure that you are already able to make money with those Bitcoin but I bet that you are going to hold on to them for a longer period of time.
I maybe am also going to this but it is hard to hold on to them for such a long time.

I find it hard to believe that the price at some day will not surge all way to the roof. But until that day comes we, as normal supporters can only earn with bitcoin by holding our precious coins and most importantly be patient. Whether a there is a large dump or pump.

Just don't get tempted to sell all of your coins. In a few years the price will be higher if everythings turn out to be working well.
g-unit

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:54:40 PM

Unless you really need the money, I don't see the point in selling. A bunch of money sitting in your checking account doesn't do any good. The people who feel compelled to sell are most likely over invested. I was for a little while and really had to fight the urge to sell. Just don't over invest and you'll feel much more relaxed and won't fret over temporary pumps and dumps.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 03:26:14 PM

Unless you really need the money, I don't see the point in selling. A bunch of money sitting in your checking account doesn't do any good. The people who feel compelled to sell are most likely over invested. I was for a little while and really had to fight the urge to sell. Just don't over invest and you'll feel much more relaxed and won't fret over temporary pumps and dumps.

I prefer to hold my coins for a rainy day. The thing is that at the moment the price is not even close to a price where I feel confident to sell. So holding may be the only option. Because every time i need something and I can pay in bitcoin, i make sure to buy bitcoins with fiat and buy the time.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:20:29 PM

it's not really that people are over investing, but more like people using money to buy bitcoin with that they badly need in their personal life. that's why certain people panic sell, or get too tempted to sell when they have made a profit. other than that, it's always good to secure profits from time to time. that allows you to buy back your coins at lower prices when the price goes down.
Alauria

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:04:11 AM

For sure he would hold it as long it reaches the $1k price because he would lost for sure some % of his investments but in year 2013-2014 it's not on a 1k price maybe he bought on lower price. Most of us would sure hold our coin and wait for the right time to sell to make profits.
That is not quit allong time but what i do know is that you can make allot of moneyt with bitcoins in 2.5 years but by just holding them wont make any profit maybe a little bit after rissings but for sure just hold nah nothing interesting happens.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:29:36 AM

perform a holding period of 2.5 years was extraordinary action.

I really wonder what is the average age or investment experience of the Bitcoin population. Is it all just gambling for a quick buck? 2.5 years is very short term 'investing', it is nothing compared to stocks / bonds / pension funds etc.

Buy bitcoin (or any investment really, diversify) and forget about it till the date you want to retire. Then start spending 4% per year and you will have a financial perpetuem mobile.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 12:17:11 PM

I really wonder what is the average age or investment experience of the Bitcoin population. Is it all just gambling for a quick buck? 2.5 years is very short term 'investing', it is nothing compared to stocks / bonds / pension funds etc.

Buy bitcoin (or any investment really, diversify) and forget about it till the date you want to retire. Then start spending 4% per year and you will have a financial perpetuem mobile.

wow, good advice there. That is preferable than just saving to banks. With bitcoins, you can either hold in your local wallet or invest it to some good altcoins and forget it until you reach your desired price goal and cashout. Investing for a short period of time oftentimes gives much stress and disappointment due to volatility unless you know what you are doing.
g-unit

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:22:46 PM

wow, good advice there. That is preferable than just saving to banks. With bitcoins, you can either hold in your local wallet or invest it to some good altcoins and forget it until you reach your desired price goal and cashout. Investing for a short period of time oftentimes gives much stress and disappointment due to volatility unless you know what you are doing.

The reason I've been holding for "only" 2.5 years is because the first bitcoin I bought was 2.5 years ago - can't fast forward 10 or 20 years  Undecided
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:14:35 PM

I understand your point that bank can give some amount of interest value to us but that is not in bitcoin. If have some of your money with you put thst into to buy 5 bitcoins and hold for some long and If you see the price after 2 years I am sure price will be double on that time.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:34:43 PM

I bought 1 BTC for US$640 in June of 2014.

I'm still HODLing.

Like a stupid idiot.

Welcome to my club.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: