Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.5 Years in Bitcoin and still holding.  (Read 11563 times)
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 12:59:13 AM

If you hold bitcoin for 3 years now you definitely get a very big advantage. Because the price of bitcoin in the past three years no more than this year and you definitely get bitcoin very much. It was a a very good profit, congratulations.
Last time when I checked Bitcoin was much more expensive in the past. Sure it was a bubble, but in 2013 bitcoin reached its All Time High price of $1242.
I am not even sure if we will see price that high in the future. I wonder now if selling all bitcoin back then wouldn't be the best option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:06:29 AM

If you hold bitcoin for 3 years now you definitely get a very big advantage. Because the price of bitcoin in the past three years no more than this year and you definitely get bitcoin very much. It was a a very good profit, congratulations.
Last time when I checked Bitcoin was much more expensive in the past. Sure it was a bubble, but in 2013 bitcoin reached its All Time High price of $1242.
I am not even sure if we will see price that high in the future. I wonder now if selling all bitcoin back then wouldn't be the best option.

Yeah 2013 bitcoin price is really big! I do expect that price happen again on the halving day but i do more expect a lot buut it didnt happen tho -_-. I think soon it will happen again Cheesy lets hope ! That would really big if the price with that High Price!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:16:30 AM

If i were you, i will release the bitcoin and sell it all, exchange it into fiat. Because the price of bitcoin for now is already good and you can earn a good profit from it.
Very smart move but i think his still holding his bitcoin thinking that bitcoin price will increase that too much or it will maximize this year we all hoping that waiting this to happen but if i were him also i'm going to exchange website exchange my bitcoin into real cash and or make a trade for other crypto-currency.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:22:11 AM

If i were you, i will release the bitcoin and sell it all, exchange it into fiat. Because the price of bitcoin for now is already good and you can earn a good profit from it.
Very smart move but i think his still holding his bitcoin thinking that bitcoin price will increase that too much or it will maximize this year we all hoping that waiting this to happen but if i were him also i'm going to exchange website exchange my bitcoin into real cash and or make a trade for other crypto-currency.

It really depends to a person on  how  he manage his bitcoins ,some may sell as of  the current price of bitcoin and some would  intend to keep a longer more and waiting for their  target price to sell their bitcoins. All of us  have difference on when and what price of bitcoin in the time we bought it and   all of us have the aim on gaining  profit thats why  some may sell for 10% profit and some  are  waiting for  more 100%-200% for sure which those people  who holds for longer of years now.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:38:53 AM

These are the people who i hate the most peopel who are just holding bitcoins for nothing because they dont make money with it and they crash the price of the bitcoin the best!

without people holding, the price would probably not even be higher than $200 as the market would be flooded with circulating coins. those who keep holding contribute towards this price. so show a bit more respect.

typical attitude from someone who probably cant afford a bitcoin lol
these people are toxic to the btc community and should probably move over to dogecoin or something more suited to them and their budget Wink ......
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:42:35 AM

It really depends to a person on  how  he manage his bitcoins ,some may sell as of  the current price of bitcoin and some would  intend to keep a longer more and waiting for their  target price to sell their bitcoins. All of us  have difference on when and what price of bitcoin in the time we bought it and   all of us have the aim on gaining  profit thats why  some may sell for 10% profit and some  are  waiting for  more 100%-200% for sure which those people  who holds for longer of years now.

That is right. Every person has his/her own strategy in managing its assets or bitcoin. In my case, I have a portion of my overall bitcoin that I won't spend for decades to come. I just have them offer for loans in poloniex. So, regardless of present and future prices, I just hold it because I have big hope that its price will be really big decades from now.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:50:26 AM

well, not really.
it will be soon 3 years from Mt. Gox crash. Just to remind, as people tend to have short memory, the price at the top was around $1200. We haven't seen these levels since then. All we got was $800 at the top of this year. So I can imagine there are people who are still well underwater.

I think in 3 years the price can do a lot. Meaning we could see a new all time high. But if you hold longer you may see you can earn even more because bitcoin needs adoption. More adoption means a higher price in the end. And we all benefit from that.
All under the assumption that adoptions goes well. Look back at how the situation changed in the last three years. How much did we advance in the adoption, and how did the price change.
$1200 from the end of 2013, beginning 2014 seems to be a distant, overvalued level, even with the current adoption levels.

this space is intentionally left blank
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:54:49 AM

Yes indeed bitcoin prices was higher in the past but a drastic decline occurred in 2013 so that bitcoin prices low. Since 2013 until now bitcoin continued to rise so that bitcoin is constantly growing. It holds bitcoin in a long time is very risky due to the fluctuation of bitcoin is very dangerous.
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 10:18:21 AM

I think its not possible for everybody to hold the bitcoins more than 2 years. There is daily and monthly bills and even some traders sell even with small profit percentage. But always holding still a profitable method.
Yes you're right but holding of bitcoins especially big amounts for about 2.5years is too long enough ,some people need money as you said they can't hold it for too long. That depends on what kind of life you are if i am rich well i will do the same as my savings like in bank but i rather save/invest it on bitcoins.
I have a normal life but i need as always money so i can't hold any amounts for that too long.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 10:58:01 AM

I think bitcoin holds more value than even useless gold for future.
It might really become money of all digital world. Because its easier for lots of operations.
So hold and wait. Dont hold just for price. Hold for future.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 04:01:58 PM

It might really become money of all digital world. Because its easier for lots of operations.

I think bitcoin will be valued more in the future too, which is why I am holding. Not 2 not 5 but at least for the second block halving. Because by then I am confident we get mass adoption and thus our bitcoins will see a realistic value.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:30:59 PM

In terms of adoption, gold is still ages ahead of Bitcoin, so I would be careful here. Still there are plenty of people who doesn't fell well with computers, let alone leaving their hard earned money for the speculation that Bitcoin is at the moment.

8Habits

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:21:30 PM

In terms of adoption, gold is still ages ahead of Bitcoin, so I would be careful here. Still there are plenty of people who doesn't fell well with computers, let alone leaving their hard earned money for the speculation that Bitcoin is at the moment.

For people that are in the retiring age now and are not really into computer, they surely prefer investing to gold. Well, unless one of the members of their family or friends introduce bitcoin to them and they check and do extensive research about bitcoins then there is a possibility that they too will invest to bitcoins along with their gold investment.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:24:20 PM

For people that are in the retiring age now and are not really into computer, they surely prefer investing to gold. Well, unless one of the members of their family or friends introduce bitcoin to them and they check and do extensive research about bitcoins then there is a possibility that they too will invest to bitcoins along with their gold investment.
I doubt it. The complexity is far too high, for them. There may be some examples of people who will be able to use Bitcoin at that age, but most of them will give up.
Among mid-aged, there will be also a big mass who is not able (or don't want) to swallow the risk that underlies Bitcoin.
That makes quite a big pack all together and I don't have a good answer how to address them.

CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:31:37 PM

Normally its good to hold the bitcoin a long time but I do think if the price is around the 1000 dollar you should have sold it because sometimes holding is not the best option.
I think that its better to just sometimes sell it, you have to look at the market 24/7
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:56:44 AM

2.5 years is still kinda short term when it comes to investments. Keep it growing, you'll see its worth.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:57:31 AM

That is right. Every person has his/her own strategy in managing its assets or bitcoin. In my case, I have a portion of my overall bitcoin that I won't spend for decades to come. I just have them offer for loans in poloniex. So, regardless of present and future prices, I just hold it because I have big hope that its price will be really big decades from now.

The chance that any exchange is going to be hacked within now and decades, based on historical data, is near 100%. Act accordingly.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:41:27 AM

2.5 years is still kinda short term when it comes to investments. Keep it growing, you'll see its worth.
yeppp 25 years then you can call it as a real investment ,
but so far bitcoin gives me a good experience ,
bought 3 bitcoin in the mid of 2015 price that time are $240 ,
and guess how much money i have made so far(if i keep holding that time)? with current $600 bitcoin price?
$350 x 3 = $1,050 , just keep holding. don't be like me (i sold it at $400)
8Habits

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:11:17 AM

yeppp 25 years then you can call it as a real investment ,
but so far bitcoin gives me a good experience ,
bought 3 bitcoin in the mid of 2015 price that time are $240 ,
and guess how much money i have made so far(if i keep holding that time)? with current $600 bitcoin price?
$350 x 3 = $1,050 , just keep holding. don't be like me (i sold it at $400)

I agree with you about holding bitcoin for a longer period of time. The best approach here and the most profit are the people that are investing bitcoin for a long term. You can invest in short term like buy low sell high but you need a big amount of capital in order to see some significant return. By the way, your selling of $400 was not bad at all, you still profited on that sell Wink
Ybalevia

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:22:18 AM

Allot of people are for a long time into the bitcoin and that is not strage because the bitcoin is getting more and more attention and taht is great because we need to help the bitcoin grow for the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: