Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:03:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone explain LiqPay Procedures?  (Read 19897 times)
mel2000 (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 09:49:31 AM

After dealing with Coinbase, LiqPay and BTC-E I'm about ready to throw in the towel on making a small bitcoin purchase.

After linking my card to LiqPay it says it blocked $1 on my account for 30 days. Can someone explain what that means as far as my being able to use Liqpay for BTC-E purchases? I'm not sure if I need to jump thru another hoop or not. Thanks.
PrivatBank

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 10:27:32 AM

After dealing with Coinbase, LiqPay and BTC-E I'm about ready to throw in the towel on making a small bitcoin purchase.

After linking my card to LiqPay it says it blocked $1 on my account for 30 days. Can someone explain what that means as far as my being able to use Liqpay for BTC-E purchases? I'm not sure if I need to jump thru another hoop or not. Thanks.

Good day, dear customer! When registering in the payment system LiqPay blocked sum of $ 1, your card for 30 days to verify your identity and card verification on performance. If you encounter any difficulties in using the payment system LiqPay, you can go to chat online https://liqpay.com/. Sincerely, PrivatBank
mel2000 (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:14:39 PM

Thank you for your prompt response. Does that mean that I'm eligible to start making LiqPay transactions right now?
mel2000 (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:10:04 PM

When I try to add money to my LiqPay account I get a screen that says "1Pass the autoverification please" There is only a Back button on the page and nothing else. Additional reading indicates there should be an OK button on the page to complete the authentication process. I'm using Firefox browser. I'll try MSIE 10 and see if I can get any further. This is all very frustrating.
mel2000 (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:29:38 PM

I see that LiqPay hasn't made a verification deposit into my bank account yet. As an American I would expect such deposits to make milliseconds. Apparently foreign banks do things more slowly.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:44:08 PM

I see that LiqPay hasn't made a verification deposit into my bank account yet. As an American I would expect such deposits to make milliseconds. Apparently foreign banks do things more slowly.

I don't know how is it in the US, but where I live banks are closed from Friday at 3:00 PM and will only open again Monday at 8:30 AM.

And those verification deposits usually take a couple business days or more to reach your bank account.
cptmooseinc

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 03:08:27 PM

mel2000,

I couldn't get LiqPay to accept deposits until I did the address verification. It took 2-3 weeks to get the letter in the mail as it comes from Russia/Ukraine. After I verified, I was able to immediately make deposits to BTC-e.

The Moose's Tip Jar: BTC - 1HoTm9ZqrEmD5Tvs5qAdPM311agyN3eHra
LTC - LPg9svS4dcK5Kzy6HUoef8icrnDxED3ZVA
Grover

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:34:04 PM

Same as OP I'm trying to fund a BTC-E account with USD.  Getting into the whole BTC system with USD is a real treat.

I haven't been able to fund my Liqpay account yet, but their customer service is excellent.  The funding issue is not Liqpay's issue.

I had trouble with the getting the texts and on Saturday in the early afternoon in the USA someone replied to my email promptly.  I was expecting Monday, so it was a shock to get actual customer service in a few minutes on Saturday.

My funding issues have nothing to do with Liqpay it has to do with my cards or something.  I've tried two, tried the $1 hold verification and my bank blocked it.  Not Liqpay's problem.

I'm doing the address verification and looking for other avenues to fund my account.
cptmooseinc

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:37:21 PM

Grover, did you use a VISA card? My Mastercard worked fine. VISA has been cracking down hard on overseas transactions from the US because it's extremely difficult to try and get back stolen funds like that.

Grover

Activity: 137

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 12:00:52 AM

Grover, did you use a VISA card? My Mastercard worked fine. VISA has been cracking down hard on overseas transactions from the US because it's extremely difficult to try and get back stolen funds like that.

I tried both and my Visa bank's fraud department called me.

I told the auto attendant it wasn't fraud and they still denied the transaction.
carpetbagger

Activity: 258

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 01:30:13 PM

I tried doing the snail mail verification but I never received any mail. I don't remember verifying the deposit either because I couldn't figure out wtf I was doing. But I've had no significant problems sending Mastercard debit card payment to btc-e through liqpay from the day I signed up with liqpay. If it helps, you don't have to top up your liqpay, you can just route it through them, straight to btc-e's "purse". My bank called and verified the payment the first time, which delayed the first payment a little.

PM support and ask for their liqpay "purse" number, then in Liqpay choose "send money to phone number" and enter btc-e's purse number & your card details. Either add your btc-e username in the liqpay message, or send support a message letting them know which payment was yours. Once you get a text from Liqpay saying the payment was a success, you are at the mercy of btc-e support, bitinstant reserves, the bitcoin blockchain(!) and probably a bunch of other random senseless & pointless factors happening that particular day before btc-e will let you spend it. Usually it's there in an hour or less but with the fork incident today it appears they went into "shut... down... everything" mode so I'm still waiting half a day later.

Keep clam & hodl on
debianlinux

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:29:00 PM

I am far more interested in the reverse, transferring USD from BTC-E to Liqpay and then finding those USD in my bank account. I haven't yet reached a comfort level with the Liqpay interface to make the connection. In fact, I'm very reticent to link a VISA labeled debit card to a foreign entity because my entire account balance becomes culpable. Am I understanding correctly I can link a credit card and Liqpay can credit my credit card? That seems unlikely.
cptmooseinc

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 05:09:23 PM

Debianlinux, PM me if you want to transfer USD out of BTC-e. I'd be willing to send you Dwolla funds, Chase Quickpay (ACH transfers), or even Paypal if you'd trust it. In exchange, you'd generate a BTC-e code and email it to me. I'd pay you 1% more than the value of your BTC-e USD every time.

Seriously, PM me. Depositing $500/day via LiqPay isn't enough for me.

podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 09:17:39 PM

personally i would use bitinstant and a moneygram deposit. send it to mt gox.

ive never had any problems with coinbase other than the dreadful wait.

liqpay & btc-e never worked for me period.
Rytis Jonas

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:50:35 PM

Liqpay does not work. I`m writing to them every day and they are never responding ever.
It`s some kind of joke.

Rytis Jonas

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:48:12 PM

They have replied 2 times.  but couldn`t help.

Rytis Jonas

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:04:09 PM

Wow it have worked finally!   Such success !

vladmobile

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:58:01 PM

I have used Liqpay since 2008. Worked fine until they started a new design. I will not reccomend to use the system right now - wait for they fix all bugs. Have now 100 USD in the system I can not get back.
enid_btc

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:20:13 PM

I have used Liqpay since 2008. Worked fine until they started a new design. I will not reccomend to use the system right now - wait for they fix all bugs. Have now 100 USD in the system I can not get back.

I have 1800 USD in their system I cannot get back...
The amount of transaction is 2000 USD, and the refund is only 200 USD.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: