Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 05:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASUS ARES2-6GD5  (Read 2961 times)
Turok (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 10:30:20 AM

I know everyone goes crazy about ASICs these days, but did you guys see the newest 7970 dual beast? I am wondering how many Mhash it can provide.

It says 130% faster than a regular 7970, so maybe around 1600 MHash/s is possible.

http://id.asus.com/websites/global/products/1bZEYSk9yt4lJ2Yr/ROG_ARES_II%20.jpg

Here is the official page: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ARES26GD5/
enocog

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 03:23:05 PM

I know everyone goes crazy about ASICs these days, but did you guys see the newest 7970 dual beast? I am wondering how many Mhash it can provide.

It says 130% faster than a regular 7970, so maybe around 1600 MHash/s is possible.

http://id.asus.com/websites/global/products/1bZEYSk9yt4lJ2Yr/ROG_ARES_II%20.jpg

Here is the official page: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ARES26GD5/

You should buy one and tell us the results. LOL, it's only $1500 USD that about 33.3 BTC today.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 06:51:30 PM

I'm looking into getting one of these soon as my dual 7970s get me enough bitcoins for it or atleast a different 7990 since if you get it uk to us the exchange rate makes them a hell of a ton cheaper Cheesy
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:37:49 PM

Buy an asic instead and let it buy you 10 of those cards.
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 09:24:43 PM

FYI.. i have one of these - I can stable overclock to 1225, after that it will start locking up or reseting.  My average has been 740 MH/s per GPU - so total of 1.48 GH/s - been running for 3 weeks at that with no problem.  Temps stay low 50's in a 70 degree F ambient, but even when temps got up higher I have not left the mod 60's.

On the radiator, one fan is attached, the other is included.  In a higher ambient environment you really need to attach the second fan on the other side.  They are decent fans - moving more air that basic case fans but not super high CFM.

Has 3 225W power connectors - I run with a silverstone 1500W - Dont use shared or split connectors for these - if you can pull from different power rails for each connector - you need to.  I managed to trip the P/S a couple times until i distributed it correctly.  have room on the board for 2 more 7970's but with the radiator fans that puts me right up at the p/s limits with this and then the 2 7970's.

Pretty cool card all-in-all.  Heard there were only 1000 sold in US.  Got it mostly out of curiosity - been mining it for a while and it is definitely a work horse and contributes a lot less to my server room ambient that other 7970's.  And it is nice for high density situations..  I  kept the case and parts pristine - i am quite certain if i sell it in a year or so i can recoup half of what I paid or more so it was a fun experiment and i probably won't loose anything on it.
Turok (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 09:41:27 PM

FYI.. i have one of these - I can stable overclock to 1225, after that it will start locking up or reseting.  My average has been 740 MH/s per GPU - so total of 1.48 GH/s - been running for 3 weeks at that with no problem.  Temps stay low 50's in a 70 degree F ambient, but even when temps got up higher I have not left the mod 60's.

On the radiator, one fan is attached, the other is included.  In a higher ambient environment you really need to attach the second fan on the other side.  They are decent fans - moving more air that basic case fans but not super high CFM.

Has 3 225W power connectors - I run with a silverstone 1500W - Dont use shared or split connectors for these - if you can pull from different power rails for each connector - you need to.  I managed to trip the P/S a couple times until i distributed it correctly.  have room on the board for 2 more 7970's but with the radiator fans that puts me right up at the p/s limits with this and then the 2 7970's.

Pretty cool card all-in-all.  Heard there were only 1000 sold in US.  Got it mostly out of curiosity - been mining it for a while and it is definitely a work horse and contributes a lot less to my server room ambient that other 7970's.  And it is nice for high density situations..  I  kept the case and parts pristine - i am quite certain if i sell it in a year or so i can recoup half of what I paid or more so it was a fun experiment and i probably won't loose anything on it.

thanks for review. I have ordered it a week ago, hope to mine with it soon.

these cards are limited to 1000 globaly, not only US.
Turok (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 12:38:47 PM

RoboCoder, can you please post your GPU Tweak settings?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: