Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:13:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What I think the Halving could bring  (Read 1542 times)
Xpod78 (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

Hey there :D

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 06:57:17 AM

I believe that only one of 2 things will happen after the halving

A (The Most Predictable)
The price will double up to 900$ a coin and mining will resume to be as profitable as ever; things basically stay the same except with bitcoin being 900$ a coin it's the same profits for miners.

B (My Favorite)
Bitcoin's price consequently will crash due to massive selling once reaching a certain point of profit say 800$; this massive drop in price will cause miners to stop mining due to it no longer being profitable. Due to the lack of mining over a month or so difficulty will drop down to the tens of thousands, once again inspiring miners to mine and rebuilding the bitcoin economy back bringing a much slower steady rise to bitcoin up to a price which is okay between miners and consumers (Maybe 700-800). Just my guess; put your thoughts below!
doublemore

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:04:37 AM

Why would you want option B? it wont happen anyway but just get on the train man, everyone always wants cheaper bitcoin and its a mentality i started with initially.  The best thing to do is keep getting more bitcoin and holding for longest time possible, you have very little stress this way.  
Xpod78 (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

Hey there :D

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:10:05 AM

Why would you want option B? it wont happen anyway but just get on the train man, everyone always wants cheaper bitcoin and its a mentality i started with initially.  The best thing to do is keep getting more bitcoin and holding for longest time possible, you have very little stress this way.  
I have mixed feelings about B I like and hate it; I like how it could be a mini reset on the difficulty but of course don't like the fact of bitcoin's price crashing.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6177

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:15:21 AM

As you said , the first one is the most likely thing to happen. B is unlikely however I have no problem if that happens, I feel that I don't veve enough bitcoin to make a lot of profit so If it goes down , It will good for me , that way I can buy more coins with a cheaper price.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 07:40:58 AM

Your option B is very dangerous and could actually mean the end of Bitcoin. Fortunately there is very little chance of this scenario playing out. I think the big question on everyone's mind is where will the new floor be after the halving. I highly doubt we'll see sub $500 prices again but it's hard to predict where the price will settle.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:44:29 AM

You would think that someone who is on a Bitcoin forum wants Bitcoin to do well, but I guess not. I really hope that option A happens and the price of Bitcoin goes up even more.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:19:31 AM

I expect something to happen along the lines of plan B. It will solely depend on when people will be satisfied with the price and start selling their coins to buy fiat. Looking at increasing digital numbers is very cool but I would prefer to be holding cash in hand so people will definitely sell and the only question is when. Personally I think this will happen when the price gets to approx. $1000. Also the miners don't set the price trend the investors do, miners being profitable or not doesn't matter in the big picture of things.
bitcoineverything

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 08:29:30 AM

For me, those things you mentioned are both possible but there are still a lot more factors to consider such as the hashrate, investments, world market conditions, other currencies and more.

We are here to give you all the latest from the Cryptocurrency space!
jamesl22

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:31:46 AM

You would think that someone who is on a Bitcoin forum wants Bitcoin to do well, but I guess not. I really hope that option A happens and the price of Bitcoin goes up even more.

Price is going up at a moment, but we cannot be sure what will be the scene after the time of halving, may be price will fall as people will sell their coins at halving.
yhansky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:25:20 AM

Just only one thing,when bitcoiners heard that there will be halving ,a lot them surely buy bitcoin at its current price and hold it before halving to have easy profits..thats the halving can do, it allow all users of.bitcoin to have profit by just holding it.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:29:49 AM

Just only one thing,when bitcoiners heard that there will be halving ,a lot them surely buy bitcoin at its current price and hold it before halving to have easy profits..thats the halving can do, it allow all users of.bitcoin to have profit by just holding it.

Yeah, and there is no risk involved in holding, so just hold for next couple of days to take maximum advantage from the halving as it will allow you to make some really good profits.
ronald98

Activity: 314

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:50:44 AM

I think either of the options could happen, but I don't think those are the only two options possible. Anything can happen to Bitcoin, and it's often the unexpected that happens rather than one of a few options people work out. Few people predicted the fall to $150, and I don't think many future predictions will be right either.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:01:34 AM

I think either of the options could happen, but I don't think those are the only two options possible. Anything can happen to Bitcoin, and it's often the unexpected that happens rather than one of a few options people work out. Few people predicted the fall to $150, and I don't think many future predictions will be right either.

$150 seems to be impossible now, as price will rise from now and it will never go back to that low level, and even if it falls maximum it will be around $450 nothing below that.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:04:07 AM

There are two possibilities.First it may bring disaster to bitcoin if price will have a big drop instead of going up on this halving.Last is make a new history,bitcoin may passed up  last record of $1200 price per bitcoin

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:09:46 AM

I think the price can now hit 800 euro after the halving and it will be 1000 euro by the end of the year.

Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:24:38 AM

I feel like there won't be huge pump or huge crash. But I feel like it may see massive dump till to return back before halving prices.
Or it will keep staying around new stops like 900-1000$.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:29:09 AM

I like the idea of prediction, my prediction is the bitcoin price will up before the halving aroung 600$ then after halving it will rise till 1000$ then there will massive sell which is going to lead to price drop but it will be higher than before halving, the miners will stop temporary during the drop price and will come with more advance technology to mine

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
waafi

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 11:13:37 AM

As a friend suggested to me, the influx of market cap within this "halvening" period is really showing the demand in other countries. If this momentum persists and demand steadily continues to rise, spreads widen, we can almost surely see it grinding upwards. In my opinion after the halving, while the price of a coin will be lower, the value will still be there.

In terms of mining, inflation, and deflation; These are still foreign concepts to me, but taking an educated guess (from left field) what we saw 3 years ago with pretty much the only exchange functioning before it quit and turned into a fugazi, was quite possibly its first halve.

Interesting.
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 11:43:04 AM

I think the price can now hit 800 euro after the halving and it will be 1000 euro by the end of the year.

I think $800 could be achieved before halving, which is still one month towards halving. especially if you look at the current prices continue to rise it is quite possible to reach $800 and $1000 at the end of the year.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:39:47 PM

You are forgetting option C: People keep putting money in Bitcoin as capital controls get worse all over the world, countries keep being unstable (brexit) stocks keep crashing and big moguls start going on gold (soros), by being near the ATH, FOMO kicks in and we go 2000++...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: