Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What I think the Halving could bring  (Read 1538 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:54:15 PM

I believe that only one of 2 things will happen after the halving

A (The Most Predictable)
The price will double up to 900$ a coin and mining will resume to be as profitable as ever; things basically stay the same except with bitcoin being 900$ a coin it's the same profits for miners.

mining bitcoin was profitable so far even when price was lower than <$400 and now it is still profitable and will continue being profitable.
you don't have to worry about miners when you are not one of them.

and unless you don't have reference for what you say about profitability of mining you shouldn't make assumptions.

B (My Favorite)
Bitcoin's price consequently will crash due to massive selling once reaching a certain point of profit say 800$; this massive drop in price will cause miners to stop mining due to it no longer being profitable. Due to the lack of mining over a month or so difficulty will drop down to the tens of thousands, once again inspiring miners to mine and rebuilding the bitcoin economy back bringing a much slower steady rise to bitcoin up to a price which is okay between miners and consumers (Maybe 700-800). Just my guess; put your thoughts below!

many like you believed bitcoin will crash when it reaches $1000+ a couple of years ago when this happened. this crash took this long to take place.and this so called crash was only because there was a bubble.
and today if there is a crash the bottom will be $500 at least.

and again unless you don't have reference for what you say about profitability of mining you shouldn't make assumptions about miners and whether or not they are going to continue.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 12:57:51 PM

If i ojnly read small bits about the halfing i would expect option A to happen with no problems whatsoever. Due to reding various articles all containing fud on here and reddit i now have doubts that bitcoin could die "again". But i hope for option A.

yhansky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:06:20 PM

Well i think it could bring more people that wii have  interest in bitcoin..
Price of bitcoin will increase,all bitcoin lovers are so happy with this halvlng cause another easy profit to them.
Nouelle-Hunter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 02:02:56 PM

Halving is such a exciting part of bitcoins life  buty those two factors youve said especially the letter B I dont think that will happen Im sure  the btc admins  already discussed the cause and effect of btc halving and  Im sure theyt have a solution for any problem that may occur

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 02:11:59 PM

Price of bitcoin will increase,all bitcoin lovers are so happy with this halvlng cause another easy profit to them.

We are at the best stage at a moment, price movement is going really good at a moment, so this halving will surely bring good and positive news for all its users.
Piltover

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 02:40:12 PM

We are at the best stage at a moment, price movement is going really good at a moment, so this halving will surely bring good and positive news for all its users.
Everyone hopes that the value of Bitcoin will be higher in the halving but the bad thing is that we cant control it and that is bad because you have to know that it is a currency.
But it should be really nice if you can earn some money with it soon and that would be perfect.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 02:50:00 PM

I think after halving, bitcoin prices will be higher, the greater its popularity, and more and more people using bitcoin. Well, I heard it's been a lot of cities that accept bitcoin, but I do not know the report is true, taip I hope it's true. perhaps after halving, people will accept bitcoin
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 02:52:09 PM

It has gone up too rapidly, so there will be some profit taking.

But the big unknown is what is happening in China. Is this a pre-halvening pump? Or a move to get money out of China prior to their currency devaluing? If it is the first, the price will come down a bit. If it is the second - who knows where the price will end.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Xpod78 (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

Hey there :D

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:11:24 PM

A (The Most Predictable)
The price will double up to 900$ a coin and mining will resume to be as profitable as ever; things basically stay the same except with bitcoin being 900$ a coin it's the same profits for miners.

mining bitcoin was profitable so far even when price was lower than <$400 and now it is still profitable and will continue being profitable.
you don't have to worry about miners when you are not one of them.

and unless you don't have reference for what you say about profitability of mining you shouldn't make assumptions.

B (My Favorite)
Bitcoin's price consequently will crash due to massive selling once reaching a certain point of profit say 800$; this massive drop in price will cause miners to stop mining due to it no longer being profitable. Due to the lack of mining over a month or so difficulty will drop down to the tens of thousands, once again inspiring miners to mine and rebuilding the bitcoin economy back bringing a much slower steady rise to bitcoin up to a price which is okay between miners and consumers (Maybe 700-800). Just my guess; put your thoughts below!

many like you believed bitcoin will crash when it reaches $1000+ a couple of years ago when this happened. this crash took this long to take place.and this so called crash was only because there was a bubble.
and today if there is a crash the bottom will be $500 at least.

and again unless you don't have reference for what you say about profitability of mining you shouldn't make assumptions about miners and whether or not they are going to continue.
Lol these are just my thoughts; and yes i am a miner.
Ulloa

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:21:15 PM

Everyone hopes that the value of Bitcoin will be higher in the halving but the bad thing is that we cant control it and that is bad because you have to know that it is a currency.
But it should be really nice if you can earn some money with it soon and that would be perfect.
If you want to be rich you have to be lucky I think because it will be not that easy that you can be rich and the most people that wants to get rich are greedy and than it will be never possible to be rich.
Some people are also even born rich and that is nice but some people work really hard to get rich and that is really nice if you can make yourself rich.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:25:50 PM

Probably a whole lot more of what we are seeing right now, dropping like a rock.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:21:42 PM

The halving could bring a lot but this is depending on the fact if it will be good, no one can predict this.
If it will it will let the price rise to a high amount for sure.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:25:11 PM

I think you're massively overestimating the control miners have over the price. They may be coming up with fresh coins but there are millions of others already out there and people with mountains of USD and CNY who like to play markets and may not even know what mining actually entails. They certainly aren't going to expend their own profit to protect someone else's profitability.
phunixx

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:37:47 PM

Its boosting because of the halving, everyone is trying to buy in now cause of the recent price boost.
Dunno after halving, massive dump or HODL scenario for even higher price near future
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:52:03 PM

Its boosting because of the halving, everyone is trying to buy in now cause of the recent price boost.
Dunno after halving, massive dump or HODL scenario for even higher price near future

No one is sure what will be the scenario after the halving, majority of people thinks that it will be a major dump after halving, but it would be good to see if it remains stable after halving.
phunixx

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:02:45 PM

No one is sure what will be the scenario after the halving, majority of people thinks that it will be a major dump after halving, but it would be good to see if it remains stable after halving.

Well i guess hopes are too high for 1000$
Frustration will be high and they will dump i'm afraid and take the cash they can get....
Of course, i cant predict what is coming and hope for the best lol
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 08:10:20 PM

People will hold their coins after the halving since the price will explode to + $1k as estimated by many users, personally will keep my money until + $2k at least
Plan A seems to be the perfect except that I expect to have less miners than now due to losses immediately after the halving but if they resist a little they could make a nice profit

Semidetached

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:13:49 PM

A (The Most Predictable)

B (My Favorite)
Hahaha yes I think option b will happen in the short term but it will not "crash it down into nothing" essentially. There will be massive sell pressure at the start and maybe it goes back down to $600 or somewhere near there but after time it will obviously rise to higher even then the rally we are seeing now because the supply coming in is 50% of normal.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:14:58 PM

Your option B is very dangerous and could actually mean the end of Bitcoin. Fortunately there is very little chance of this scenario playing out. I think the big question on everyone's mind is where will the new floor be after the halving. I highly doubt we'll see sub $500 prices again but it's hard to predict where the price will settle.

An ex Bitcoin miner that I know off, thinks that there is actually a very high risk of option B coming to pass, in the wake of the Halvening.

There can be no doubt, that miners have been witholding Bitcoin from the market, in order that they be sold at higher post Halving pump prices.

These coins will by necessity, come to market.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
phunixx

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:27:02 PM

Your option B is very dangerous and could actually mean the end of Bitcoin. Fortunately there is very little chance of this scenario playing out. I think the big question on everyone's mind is where will the new floor be after the halving. I highly doubt we'll see sub $500 prices again but it's hard to predict where the price will settle.

An ex Bitcoin miner that I know off, thinks that there is actually a very high risk of option B coming to pass, in the wake of the Halvening.

There can be no doubt, that miners have been witholding Bitcoin from the market, in order that they be sold at higher post Halving pump prices.

These coins will by necessity, come to market.

True, lot of bitcoins on local wallets not on exchanges yet....
Market could be flooded
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: