Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:24:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Confirmations are getting faster ?  (Read 2974 times)
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 04:12:44 PM

Matt,

The 50 sat/byte is mixed with the "over 10 sat/byte"?

That makes 50 sat/byte look a bit spammy.
And it means it does not show what I am talking to Lauda about.

Would it be better 50 sat/bite and over (not 51 as now?)
10 - 49 sat/byte

It's a stacked chart, meaning you can either read partitions or total.

I have arbitrarily chosen to make fee groups like this:

(1) 50 satoshi / byte or greater,
(2) 10 satoshi / byte or greater,
(3) all transactions

Obviously (2) contains (1), and (3) contains both (1) and (2). But you can easily use the difference to figure out the number of transactions / queue size with less than 10 satoshi / byte, over 50 satoshi / byte, between 10 and 50, etc.

That is my point really. Is it,

"50 satoshi / byte or greater,"

or

"over 50 satoshi / byte"

Big difference.

(take this to your thread if you like)

Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 04:15:04 PM

Confirms are pretty slow for me, I waited a couple hours for one transaction to be confirmed a few weeks ago.
RastoMan

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 04:25:44 PM

The average block size is over 990k now. But the confirmaiton is still quite low. Do we need to increase the block size?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 04:27:48 PM

Confirms are pretty slow for me, I waited a couple hours for one transaction to be confirmed a few weeks ago.
What wallet are you using? What fee setting are you using? It is most likely that you are either:
1) Using an outdated wallet (which would provide possibly wrong fee calculation).
2) Using wrong fee settings.
3) Are creating transactions with many inputs/outputs (i.e. transactions that are bigger than usual) where your fee is not adequate.

The average block size is over 990k now.
Stop taking 'measurements' based on a very short time period. That's not how you should do statistics. I would also like to know where you've seen this number (please provide a link).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 05:18:57 PM

With the Blockchain wallet the confirmations were faster. Only at times the transaction takes long time for confirmation.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 05:58:27 PM

With the Blockchain wallet the confirmations were faster. Only at times the transaction takes long time for confirmation.
average transaction time is the same to be honest and it will never change because if there are more power mining bitcoins then the difficulty increases thus blocks are harder to find

in my opinion confirmations will surely not start going faster anytime in the future unless the coders of bitcoin core will decide to change that, theres no other way to do that in my opinion
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 07:01:20 PM

average transaction time is the same to be honest and it will never change because if there are more power mining bitcoins then the difficulty increases thus blocks are harder to find

in my opinion confirmations will surely not start going faster anytime in the future unless the coders of bitcoin core will decide to change that, theres no other way to do that in my opinion
By Luckily you have to get it confirmed so quickly. I heard most of the users here are getting delayed for min 20 minutes. That’s what happens to me Wink.So it should be a luck about your confirmations quicker. May be it can be fixed the code changed accordingly.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:09:03 PM

The 1MB block limit under the current (v4) protocol is clearly showing its limits right now...
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:13:17 PM

Miners are eager to mine as much as they can before the halving so they may run more power to get that and the difficulty take 2 weeks before it changes so that may be the reason for the fast confirmations
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:16:58 PM

confirmations will surely not start going faster anytime in the future unless the coders of bitcoin core will decide to change that

Quote from: KaliLinux
May be it can be fixed the code changed accordingly.

The pre-requisite new op-codes are either live on Bitcoin network now, or close to activation (CSV and ancillaries). Once those are in the bag, the SegWit rate bump will be introduced. That'll take at least a few weeks to activate too. But once those are running as a part of Bitcoin, you can forget about the "my transaction took 3 hours" whiners, Lightning will take care of the rest.

Vires in numeris
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:17:53 PM

Confirmation time was never a problem for me, sometimes it takes too long but majority of times it gets confirmed very quickly so overall I am quiet satisfied with it.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:18:22 PM

Is it me (just luck) or the confirmations are really getting faster ? last time I got transaction confirmed in eight minutes and now in 2 minutes only while I was getting them in like 15-20 minutes.
On what basis have you come to the conclusion ?I usually judge by the amount of fees you pay,since I always pay a stable good amount of fee ,never took me more than 20 minutes for any of my transactions to get confirmed.In fact lately I had been waiting for a long time to get one of my tx's confirmed.Working out oppositely for me.Do you mind sharing your fees structure ?  

Confirmation time was never a problem for me, sometimes it takes too long but majority of times it gets confirmed very quickly so overall I am quiet satisfied with it.

The conversation is not about "confirmation" being a problem but its faster than before explicitly for the OP.Maybe halving effect ?
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:40:21 PM

I have never really experienced that myself with all the transaction done up until now so I'd say you were just lucky, or you paid quite an amount of fee to get your transaction way up front the priority list.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:06:51 PM

i think it is usually happens that sometimes the some transactions are done quickly sometimes it is delayed well i think it is not to be considered as a improvements or a problem because it usual and normal if some transaction has a different time of confirmations .
rizzlarolla

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:26:17 PM

confirmations will surely not start going faster anytime in the future unless the coders of bitcoin core will decide to change that

Quote from: KaliLinux
May be it can be fixed the code changed accordingly.

The pre-requisite new op-codes are either live on Bitcoin network now, or close to activation (CSV and ancillaries). Once those are in the bag, the SegWit rate bump will be introduced. That'll take at least a few weeks to activate too. But once those are running as a part of Bitcoin, you can forget about the "my transaction took 3 hours" whiners, Lightning will take care of the rest.

Are you saying in about 3 weeks segwit will be making a big differnce?

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:22:51 PM

nope. read it again.

Vires in numeris
rizzlarolla

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:36:42 PM

nope. read it again.

Touche.

Oh yeah, 2x3 weeks ("That'll take at least a few weeks to activate too")
So 6 weeks.

Then we "can forget about the "my transaction took 3 hours" whiners"?
beastmodeBiscuitGravy

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:39:56 PM

Whiners will be whining (and moving to Ether) for quite a long time m'thinks.

Jihan Wu of Bitmain/Antpool will not be activating segwit until the HF code for activation in mid 2017, that was basis of the agreement in Hong Kong, is delivered.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:40:20 PM

I think it is just luck.
This, statistics is a strange thing. U can get 5 confirmations in 5 minutes or 5 confirmations in 5 hours Smiley think about that.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:42:53 PM

I have noticed no change in my "confirmation times distribution", perhaps the most common time until I get a confirmation would be around 11 - 12 minutes.  Of course, it can be much faster, sometimes noticeably slower.

I am a retail user, and when I can I pay a little bit more to help ensure a miner will pickup my trx.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: