Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:58:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Privately Hosting Miners for people  (Read 1034 times)
irun4fundotca (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Mining away one KWh at a time

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 03:20:07 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 01:02:54 AM by irun4fundotca

I was wondering what it would take to host some miners at my location
for local people to me since I have free hydro at my location,
it wouldn't be large scale and be something that takes away from my free time due to full time monitoring

what are the normal fees associated to be made for doing this?

I was the lead tech at a computer shop for twelve years so I am familiar with hardware and repairs, networking

As for myself in the scheme of things
Im running a small s5 miner now and have upgraded it to a 3 blade setup, but wouldn't mind doing it as a host service

any comments or suggestions about whats needed for a small hosting site?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jaydipmodhwadia

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Verify my Bitcoin Address before EVERY transaction

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 07:21:21 AM

Seems ok, however people will always have their doubts on you. This is because you could get the miners shipped to a random address then run away with them making profit. Could you provide concrete proof?
irun4fundotca (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 12:14:56 PM

if shipping was the method of delivery I suppose I could,
However I was thinking more local customers that can personally deliver and see where they will be hosted, at that time I could show photo ID if necessary
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:20:47 AM

However I was thinking more local customers that can personally deliver and see where they will be hosted, at that time I could show photo ID if necessary

Sounds good. You will need a proper propersition though. You need to firstly work out your costs then what you should charge and for how long. Work out the customer return and your own profit as well. Make a video of yourself with the miner. ID is not nessesary if you do that I think.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:01:17 AM

nice thought! if you are thinking to cover your local area, you could easily use a bitcoin profit calculator with the average electricity cost you got around you, and drop it lets say by 20% its a fair rate i think,
but if i was where you ill leave the host plan aside, and i would already have a couple of S9,  Grin
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:30:23 AM

One doubt people will have is with you. You don't have a very high rep on the forum, and they might think you'll try and scam their expensive miners. Unless you can assure these people that you won't scan them, you're gonna have a hard time.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
irun4fundotca (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 11:40:39 PM

Yeah it might be best to get more miners and rent them hosted perhaps
unless people come here to set them up themselves and see the place and meet
Mark02

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:16:18 AM

One doubt people will have is with you. You don't have a very high rep on the forum, and they might think you'll try and scam their expensive miners. Unless you can assure these people that you won't scan them, you're gonna have a hard time.

Yeah, many will doubt him due to its rank. Second, due to many cloud-mining companies running after each other. I think the trust of investors now are lesser compared last time. And I think you can convinced them by Identifying your Identity. And good thing you want local miners to invest to you because the nearer the place, the faster they can find you in case you scam them right ?
NaraAzimova

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:15:23 AM

what do you think abou green geek web hosting i find this is fast and famous?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPCrAxYS8hg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: