Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitbuy.in scam  (Read 1658 times)
cloudmember (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 05:34:56 PM

I did send money to buy bitcoins to bitbuy.in. Nothing happens since a week. No answers on
emails, no bitcoins. I guess my money is gone. Has anyone the same expirience?
They are still listed at bitcounwiki.   
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 06:02:41 PM

Never heard of them, don't you have contact number and their office location? if you have you better contact them directly over phone, name suggest they are from india.

cloudmember (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:14:30 PM

They have no contact numer or office location.  I was just stupid and trusted Bitconwiki with this listing without further investigation :
"bitbuy.in available worldwide. Support services such as PayPal, Skrill and Bank Transfers. Bitbuy has the best exchange rate."
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_To_Buy_Bitcoins_With_Your_Credit_Card

coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:20:36 PM

They have no contact numer or office location.  I was just stupid and trusted Bitconwiki with this listing without further investigation :
"bitbuy.in available worldwide. Support services such as PayPal, Skrill and Bank Transfers. Bitbuy has the best exchange rate."

bitcoin wiki is just like any other wiki site, normal people are writing and contributing there. you should not trust their review without searching for the site and check their reputation on the web. for me, I never heard of them
thedaomeme

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:50:41 AM

I did send money to buy bitcoins to bitbuy.in. Nothing happens since a week. No answers on

I bought from them too because I thought the Wiki List was legit. I called Paypal for a refund and i'll get my money soon (June 17). This website is a pure scam and look totally legit.
They say on their website that bitbuy.in is located in New York (BITBUY LTD 76 9th Ave, New York NY 10011, USA) but that's the address of GOOGLE.

I should have known this website was a scam because their bitcoin rate is really low and no one will sell at loss.
+ this website is 19 days old
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:12:30 AM

Are you have already verification process?

Like coinzat said, wiki editable for everyone.
nochsoeienr

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 09:47:24 AM

Maybe same here.  Do you hear anything? Do yo get your bitcoins?
cloudmember (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 10:14:57 AM

It is defininitly a scam!!!
We should do something about it.
At least to get their name from this list to protect others:
Is somebody here who has edit rights and can take them of the list?
To get the edit rights looks very complicated.
cloudmember (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:40:44 PM

Nobody here who can edit the bitbuy.in listing at bitcoin wiki???
oldguy3789208392

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:05:32 PM

did anyone here contact paypal to try to get their money back? if so what date?

I used this "service" on june 22nd, waited, then contacted paypal on july 5th,
after receiving nothing. now the bitbuy.in website is down.

paypal said they could not issue a refund for this type of payment. The entire purpose
of using a middle man like paypal is as a secure payment platform.

I was not aware they introduced a haha your screwed payment type.
They really need to make that crystal clear because I would not have used this service
if it wasnt for the paypal payment accepted. All I had to do was click a link and the payment
type was preconfigured for me, same as when I use any legit business.

But what I really want to know now is when paypal received their first complaint about this
guy. For me the name was Tomas Voilante and the email was order.[number]@bitbuy.in

If paypal had prior complaints about this guy/domain and did nothing to stop it even when
I got hit on the 22nd of june..they are going to get another angry call back from me.

paypals only response was to call my credit card company and file a claim against them.
as far as I am concerned paypal is facilitating fraud in this and does not care.

If they are not going to stand by their reputation as being a safe payment platform
what in the world are they good for.
tbolt0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:38:30 AM

Hello,

I also got scammed by www.bitbuy.in by making a payment to "Karl Weista". I called Paypal which told me that this transaction was not covered by "PayPal Buyer Protection Policy". Paypal told me to contact my Credit Card issuer, as this Paypal transaction was linked to my Credit Card. I did so and now there is an opposition asking this "Karl Weista" why I didn't receive the good/service that I payed for.

Hopefully, this is going to work.

In the meanwhile, you may noticed that www.bitbuy.in doesn't exist anymore, and that the scam is now under https://coin-mu.com (note the httpS) which is still link under https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_To_Buy_Bitcoins_With_Your_Credit_Card
yudy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:27:56 PM

if you buy marketplace exchange before dession you can make find review in google if savety, iam not hear bitbuy.
or you can review marketplace exchange in exchangerwar dot info
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:31:52 PM

Looks like the site is new and never heard that site.. why you are trusting those service that even here never announce that site here..
If you are still not receive any from support i think its scam.. why dont you try other trusted service here you can find trusted person here to buy bitcoins or localbitcoins.. instead of risking your money to not well known site..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: