Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:43:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 1231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | STRATIS | The first blockchain developed for businesses |Full POS  (Read 1890789 times)
Wilhelmer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:25:17 AM

Will be keeping an eye on this.

For anyone who's looking to get the social bounties (a total of 40 Stratis tokens), you will have to use Viral Exchange and you can sign up via the link below:

https://theviralexchange.com/?ref=1122

Looking forward to see people on board!

If anyone got any questions on how to redeem those social bounty tokens, i'll be happy to help.
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:28:39 AM

What interests me about this project is it strengthens Bitcoin rather than competes. What I'm trying to figure out is how this compares to what Rootstock and Couterparty are planning with 2 way pegs.
_nur

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:34:00 AM

What interests me about this project is it strengthens Bitcoin rather than competes. What I'm trying to figure out is how this compares to what Rootstock and Couterparty are planning with 2 way pegs.

1) C# bitcoin blockchain

2) corporate still need to use the token

3) not 100% opensource like NEM

correct me
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:37:44 AM

lol, so many ICOs, same style, ... easy money now with ICO and some nice graphics, lol
TravelsAsia

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:44:25 AM

lol, so many ICOs, same style, ... easy money now with ICO and some nice graphics, lol

We probably have a different way of thinking when it comes to ICOs. I started looking through Krushang's history and contributions he's made on projects.  That's always my first step when evaluating ICOs. My next step is to ask myself if it offers something different.  Is this another Lisk clone? Does it strengthen some part of a different ecosystem?  Next, anything that isn't understood by me to even consider an ICO, see previous questions I had in this thread, I post them immediately.  The quality of the answers helps me decide how much time I'll spend investigating.  I skimmed the white paper once, after the last step I mentioned, it gave me enough to read through the white paper in detail.  I still have a lot of questions, but I'm starting to see the potential.

Graphics are fun I guess, not really my starting point. Please hit with some tough questions, it helps all of us!
marseille

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:52:15 AM

We probably have a different way of thinking when it comes to ICOs. I started looking through Krushang's history and contributions he's made on projects.  That's always my first step when evaluating ICOs. My next step is to ask myself if it offers something different.  Is this another Lisk clone? Does it strengthen some part of a different ecosystem?  Next, anything that isn't understood by me to even consider an ICO, see previous questions I had in this thread, I post them immediately.  The quality of the answers helps me decide how much time I'll spend investigating.  I skimmed the white paper once, after the last step I mentioned, it gave me enough to read through the white paper in detail.  I still have a lot of questions, but I'm starting to see the potential.

Graphics are fun I guess, not really my starting point. Please hit with some tough questions, it helps all of us!

if you look at these "successful" ICOs, all sell with nice graphics and some up-in-the-air "whitepaper"s, the ideas are copied around, often abstract and no concrete plans for implementation and new insights. It's all about hype. I've seen this for several years in this space, look at these "hot" coins 2-3 years ago, how many still left? All hot that time because they have nice graphics attracting those who chase the mode.
_nur

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:58:38 AM

Why invest?

Stratis tokens will fuel the Stratis blockchain and also the private chains (side chains) that will be part of the Stratis network. Stratis tokens can be used as a payment method for the decentralised app hosting functionality built into Stratis and the fuel for the Blockchain-as-a-Service platform. We will be developing and engineering many platforms and services on the Stratis blockchain that will help to build a healthy eco system around the Stratis Blockchain.
Consequently, adoption of Stratis and its private chains will entail increased demand of the finite supply of StratisCoins.

convinced?
TravelsAsia

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:02:22 AM

if you look at these "successful" ICOs, all sell with nice graphics and some up-in-the-air "whitepaper"s, the ideas are copied around, often abstract and no concrete plans for implementation and new insights. It's all about hype. I've seen this for several years in this space, look at these "hot" coins 2-3 years ago, how many still left? All hot that time because they have nice graphics attracting those who chase the mode.

I can't speak about how others invest, that might be. I had specific reasons to invest heavy in Lisk and Waves based on the team and what they were trying to accomplish. I like what I'm reading about this one so far, I know I'll have more questions in the coming days. I don't worry too much about others.
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:30:56 AM

I can't speak about how others invest, that might be. I had specific reasons to invest heavy in Lisk and Waves based on the team and what they were trying to accomplish. I like what I'm reading about this one so far, I know I'll have more questions in the coming days. I don't worry too much about others.

this is wild west now, scams and chances are mixed. but given a few recent ICOs went crazy, it is expected many will get on the train trying to get something quick and easy....
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:18:43 AM

new bounty system for minimize abuse Smiley

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Krushang (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 05:10:22 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 09:12:30 AM by Krushang

Would like to reserve indian (hindi) translation if possible. Thanks

Sorry, the Hindi translation is reserved.

Regards

Krushang

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
mikhael

Activity: 317
Merit: 317

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:47:08 AM

I would like to reserve Filipino Translation for STRATIS.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 05:54:30 AM

Interesting in adding this to http://icocountdown.com

I need more information though:

Email: alex@icocountdown.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICOcountdown
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ICOcountdown

How will you do sidechains?
Experience of the team?
Github?

Krushang (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 06:25:55 AM

Interesting in adding this to http://icocountdown.com

I need more information though:

Email: alex@icocountdown.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICOcountdown
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ICOcountdown

How will you do sidechains?
Experience of the team?
Github?

Hi ICOcountdown,

Thank you for your interest.

Chris (Stratis CEO) will be in contact with you today.

Team Bio: http://stratisplatform.com/the-team/

Regards

Krushang

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Krushang (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 07:14:04 AM

Individuals interested in joining the signature campaign have till the 29th June to apply. We have 400k Stratis available.

Sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zZu691GArnPjtBO27RSt1M5Cy-qIY4V8mAAhwhLuDD0/edit

Check your status: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10AITBpCkRQvmLHga9U36zRMx5LPSoJ--qdxBcSQv_wo

Campaign bounty details: http://stratisplatform.com/2016/06/14/campaign-and-bounty-details/

To be accepted for the signature campaign your bct status has to be at Member level.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
andyatcrux
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 07:41:58 AM

Is there any professional link between this and the Blitzpay people? I know that the whitepaper refers to utilizing the tech, but was not sure if there was actually some collaboration.
Krushang (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 07:55:32 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 08:51:19 AM by Krushang

Is there any professional link between this and the Blitzpay people? I know that the whitepaper refers to utilizing the tech, but was not sure if there was actually some collaboration.

Hi andyatcrux,

No professional link at this time between Blitzcash and Stratis. Mentioned in Chris bio "has worked as a volunteer developer in his free time on the Blitz project".

Regards

Krushang

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Krushang (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 10:41:28 AM

1) C# bitcoin blockchain

2) corporate still need to use the token

3) not 100% opensource like NEM

correct me

1) C# and .NET Blockchain development platform, that will be available in both Stratis and Bitcoin versions.

We are all big believers in Bitcoin and our aim is not replace it like some of the other projects, we believe its possible to build a successful blockchain startup while also adding value to Bitcoin.

Our lead Stratis Bitcoin developer Nicolas Dorier has worked extensively in the Bitcoin development space for the past 2 years, he also had some minor contributions to Segwit and OP_CSV in Bitcoin Core. Nicolas has also assisted the Bitcoin Core devs by reviewing BIPS etc.

So we have very strong Bitcoin development experience in the team.

2) The 'standard' private chains will require Stratis to fuel them. However, if a large corporation had some custom requirements, they could engage Stratis Consultancy. Stratis Consultancy would work with the Stratis Foundation to provision them a custom private chain. So this requirement is not set in stone and we expect some organizations will pursue the full Stratis portfolio of services including consultancy, development and custom private chain provisioning. This sets us aside from most of the other projects, as we will be building a blockchain consultancy business to assist organizations with developing, testing and deploying blockchain technologies.

3) Incorrect

Stratis will be 100% open source! Chris and Nicolas are both advocates of open source and would not build a financial platform that was closed source.

The .NET framework from Microsoft has also been open sourced. So the full stack for the Stratis Blockchain will be open source.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Krushang (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 10:54:49 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 01:32:02 PM by Krushang

Hi marseille,

I assume you have not read the whitepaper, if that was the case you would see that your post makes no sense. Im sure your post is relevant for some of the other projects, but certainly not for Stratis.

Firstly, the "up-in-the-air" white paper contains high level architecture details and full details of the approach that we will be taking to develop this platform.

We have a very skilled and experienced Bitcoin developer on the team, I'm not aware of any of the 'ICOs' having Bitcoin developers involved.

We are developing our own platform from scratch not simply cloning another ICO funded projects code.

If you have any questions based on facts, please let me know

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 11:55:16 AM

Hi marseille,

I assume you have not read the whitepaper, if that was the case you would see that your post makes no sense. Im sure your post is relevant for some of the other projects, but certainly not for Stratis.

Firstly, the "up-in-the-air" white paper contains high level architecture details and full details of the approach that we will be taking to develop this platform.

We have a very skilled and experienced Bitcoin developer on the team, I'm not aware of any of the 'ICOs' having Bitcoin developers involved.

We are developing our own platform from scratch not simply coping Lisk or another project.

If you have any questions based on facts, please let me know

sounds awesome sir. keep up the great work with this project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 1231 »
  Print  

Jump to: