Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 05:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best Initial Investment Thread/Guide - can you help?  (Read 507 times)
CoinCarrie (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 02:20:00 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 08:05:11 AM by CoinCarrie

MODS feel free to move or remove if this is a bad idea, has been tried of for any reason.

I am looking for sites to invest in which are professional & offer customer service.  I would like to get the list down to two - five. Right now on this forum there are no less than 7 fairly popular threads discussing this.  Scattered throughout, after looking for 1 hour there is some of the most irrelevant & useless data to extremely relevant and most helpful information(necessary).  All seem to have 30 + pages.  Take a moment right now, turn on a timer and read an entire page. Digest the data (information on the page) and make an actionable conclusion from that.  Now, imagine you are new person like me attempting to do this.

These are the threads which come up most of the time; if you have an addition let me know
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084189.new;topicseen#new
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=913146.new;topicseen#new
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077569.new;topicseen#new
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=913146.new;topicseen#new
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976903.new;topicseen#new
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1136572.0

There is more than ocean of information on this topic.  MY QUESTION: If someone had $50-700 they could afford lose but had no desire or intention to do so.  If they did lost the money would make every effort to get it back or take even small actions like bad reviews to help others.  Imagine this person is me or anyone who is new to Bitcoin, you the one with experience are walking in our shoes.  I personally would like to start off with $300.

I do not want this to be another investment thread, I will do the leg work here.  But if you were me which 3 sites would you start off with, why did you choose this site & how successful have you been with them - can you verify this?

I would like to compile a list of all reviews, I am in the process of doing so for my own benefit.  However, it is still very confusing (daunting).  There is so much data on this forum alone.  Eventually the sites could be ranked by Customer Service, ROI, Years In Service, Verified Returns (ROI) or other things.  For my own benefit, potentially others.  This information on 1-3 pages or less would be helpful.

Starting Small Out of these 3 sites which do you recommend, can you answer the above questions?

Member Suggestions:
        - verification provided
        - no verification

If this has been done before in a detailed and easy to navigate or comprehend manner for both the newbie & seasoned pro.  If you feel another site must be added, keep in mind I am trying to take small bites at a time, post below.  It will be added to this list then I ask you remove that post.  This opening post will also be changed if as works as needed.  For now try to pick 3 of your favorite, preferably pick from the list, they come up in trends, forums and discussion here a lot.  Please limit discussion to sites in the above list when possible unless you are out of your mind passionate about it.  Finally, if you know anyone who could contribute please let them know, or allow me to ask them[/list]

**Edits are being made/Have been made already. I will indicate if review were verified, came from this thread or other sections of the forum.  I am going to begin scraping the forum for reviews probably starting 6/20/2016.  If you think about this like the "Intelligence Cycle" - this is still the collections process.[/list][/list]
        tsaroz
        Legendary

Activity: 2996
        Merit: 1069

Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card

View Profile WWW
        June 15, 2016, 03:27:44 AM

I used to have an investment in bitvest.io and the return were better than interest on banks, I would recommend doing that. You also should consider betking.io as a good investment site.
        As of the word cloud mining, I don't trust them, there might be some legit and trustworthy cloud mining but most of them are a slow HYIP. I might be wrong but I would never suggest anyone to believe them.
        There are many more ways to invest bitcoin, direct or indirect with the level of risk you want to go with, you can have variable returns.

▆█    █▆
            ▆█      ████    ████      █▆
        ████      ████    ████      ████
        ▀███▄    ████   ████    ▄███▀
            ▀████████   ████████▀
                   ▀▀████    ████▀▀
        I|I|I        LOW LATENCY &         
                   HIGH THROUGHPUT         
              SUBNET TECHNOLOGY        
                                   ▄▄███████▄▄
                                ▄██████████████▄
                    〓〓〓〓〓〓▄███████████████████▄〓〓〓〓〓〓
                〓〓〓        ▄█████████████████████▄        〓〓〓
             〓〓〓      〓〓 ▄███████████████████████▄  〓〓     〓〓〓
         〓〓〓        〓〓   █████████████████████████     〓〓      〓〓〓
        ▅          ▅        ██████████████████████████        ▅         ▅
         〓〓〓      〓〓〓   █████████████████████████    〓〓〓      〓〓〓     
             〓〓〓     〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓      〓〓〓       
                 〓〓〓       ▀█████████████████████▀        〓〓〓
                      〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓
                                ▀███████████████▀
                                   ▀▀███████▀▀
            PERFECT FIT     
            FOR DEPIN         
        I|I|I 
        ▄███████████████████▄
        ████▄░▄░███████▀▄████
        █████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
        ███████░██░▀▄████████
        ████████▄▀█▄▀████████
        ████████▀▄▀██░███████
        ██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
        ████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
        ▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
        ██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
        █████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
        ████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
        ████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
        ████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
        █████████████████████
        ▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
        ███████████████▀▀████
        ██████████▀▀▀    ████
        █████▀▀▀   ▄▀   █████
        ██      ▄█▀     █████
        █████████      ██████
        ███████████▄   ██████
        █████████████▄▄██████
        ▀███████████████████▀
        notlist3d
        Legendary

Activity: 1456
        Merit: 1000

View Profile
        June 15, 2016, 07:11:22 AM

I used to have an investment in bitvest.io and the return were better than interest on banks, I would recommend doing that. You also should consider betking.io as a good investment site.
        As of the word cloud mining, I don't trust them, there might be some legit and trustworthy cloud mining but most of them are a slow HYIP. I might be wrong but I would never suggest anyone to believe them.
        There are many more ways to invest bitcoin, direct or indirect with the level of risk you want to go with, you can have variable returns.

Cloud mining you should go straight to hashnest.  It provides a safe and honest chance at ROI, there is no guarentee.  But with it being part of Bitmain you have the trust there, and you actually have hash out there.  It is not fake like so many other sites.  I would take hashocean site off your list above (also it has a referral on it not allowed it's the ?rid= and after that needs removed).

Also another valid solution for mining is buying gear and having it hosted somewhere.  There are a few choices out there on this.   But chances are again the gear will be Bitmain if you want current gen S9.  But I like owning gear personally.
        CoinCarrie (OP)

View Profile
        June 15, 2016, 08:25:48 AM

Cloud mining you should go straight to hashnest.  It provides a safe and honest chance at ROI, there is no guarentee.  But with it being part of Bitmain you have the trust there, and you actually have hash out there.  It is not fake like so many other sites.  I would take hashocean site off your list above (also it has a referral on it not allowed it's the ?rid= and after that needs removed).

Also another valid solution for mining is buying gear and having it hosted somewhere.  There are a few choices out there on this.   But chances are again the gear will be Bitmain if you want current gen S9.  But I like owning gear personally.

Ty the "REF" was removed immediately, I will be more careful.  I know exactly what it is and I am looking for.  I am going to continue to add member suggestions, though will not get carried away.  As "edits" noted in original post say on 6/20 I will scrub the forum for reviews on the 3 primary along with other member suggestions.  Then move forward from there.  

As I asked the other member, if you have any further details you can give on your experiences.  Such information would be greatly appreciated. You do not think any of the given options are of value for someone wanting to just "dabble"/spend a few hundred to a couple thousand a year?  There is still unimagined headaches ahead the quicker we can bring informed people aboard and allow them to at least get the feel for it the better, right?  I see no better scenario than everyone dropping government currency, obtaining the training/skills needed to mine personally and "securely" then buying mining gear.  However, I do not think that is realistic.  So I am hoping to offer some alternatives for myself or if desired an updated list I will keep for the community.  Thank you.
        Pursuer
        Legendary

Activity: 1638
        Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
        June 15, 2016, 08:38:58 AM

since you have two cloudmining in your opening post I tell you what I generally tell people when I want to suggest bitcoin investment to anybody I would tell them not to invest in cloudmining websites. you can get why I always suggest this from the explanations of this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0

also try to stay away from anything that looks too good to be true. when you see a beautiful website telling you invest with us and we will double your investment in a short time, turn around and run away from that site Cheesy

the only investment that I like is investing in altcoins and trading in general. which can be hard and risky but it is so much better than trusting a third party with your money to give you back peanuts.

Only Bitcoin
        CoinCarrie (OP)

View Profile
        June 15, 2016, 09:19:06 AM

since you have two cloudmining in your opening post I tell you what I generally tell people when I want to suggest bitcoin investment to anybody I would tell them not to invest in cloudmining websites. you can get why I always suggest this from the explanations of this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0

also try to stay away from anything that looks too good to be true. when you see a beautiful website telling you invest with us and we will double your investment in a short time, turn around and run away from that site Cheesy

the only investment that I like is investing in altcoins and trading in general. which can be hard and risky but it is so much better than trusting a third party with your money to give you back peanuts.

The links were random, I looked at them and reviewed them.  They were more a demonstration of what an interest the community as a whole has in 'investing' (profiting).  I assume you know - there are dozens more threads like that.  I can not tell anyone what to do.  However, I can request it.  You have been here 2 years.  There is genuinely no 3rd you trust?  Have you worked with any of the ones I listed?  Heard horror or positive stories about them? Like I mentioned this is not remotely about getting rich.  It is about helping new people do things which are fairly safe as they continue to educate themselves on the way they want to go (on life, computers, electronics and economics - Bitcoin is about a lot.).  It is not luring them in with diamonds or virgins.  It is being upfront about the risk and the real opportunity for small/medium size rewards as you learn.  We just cant toss 10k worth of mining gear at people and say "START!", that is never going to work.  Take $100-300 dollars play around with it while you learn  Start off with what you know you can absolutely afford to lose try a few options.  Even if you hate it, even if you get robbed, try to learn something from it relevant to Bitcoin/economics.   No matter how slim there is a good chance you might make $100-500 return while you learn.  I just think this is a better way to bring people in.  This is what I am doing.  Everyone has their own thing, I guess.  But if you have any 3rd party input your 2 yrs are invaluable.  I just think while learning altcoin/trading losing what you can afford to lose or making .5-4% could not hurt.
        Pages: [1]
          Print  

Jump to: