Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:18:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why cant we tip others in bitcoin in the bitcoin forum?  (Read 936 times)
omegaaf (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:49:01 AM

Has this been covered? It seems strange that we cant tip other members for quality posts that help us.
Is this being considered?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 04:52:17 AM

Has this been covered? It seems strange that we cant tip other members for quality posts that help us. Is this being considered?
Everyone can add their bitcoin address to either their profile (there's an extra section for that) or to their signature for example.
There's nothing keeping you from sending tips to the addresses other users got in their profiles via the blockchain (/your wallet).
As a result, I don't see the need for any forum-based tip implementation when we got the best tool for it already at hand.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
omegaaf (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:54:27 AM

Has this been covered? It seems strange that we cant tip other members for quality posts that help us. Is this being considered?
Everyone can add their bitcoin address to either their profile (there's an extra section for that) or to their signature for example.
There's nothing keeping you from sending tips to the addresses other users got in their profiles via the blockchain (/your wallet).
As a result, I don't see the need for any forum-based tip implementation when we got the best tool for it already at hand.

Nono. The best tool would be to allow us to deposit btc on the forum and just like we can click ignore on someone we can also click on tip and send him a few staoshi. That would be the best and it would keep the signatures clean from everyone's address.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:55:32 AM

maybe he wants everyone to see that he is tipping .... maybe he wants to brag about it Smiley

who knows .... but i like him because of his signature Cheesy

Space for rent if its still trending
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 05:03:31 AM

Nono. The best tool would be to allow us to deposit btc on the forum and just like we can click ignore on someone we can also click on tip and send him a few staoshi.
Nono. No solution at which we need the forum to hold the users bitcoin for a certain timeframe should be desireable in any case.
Also, we don't need an additional feature for things that can be easily done with the options we already got at hand.

That would be the best and it would keep the signatures clean from everyone's address.
Use the section in your profile then, maybe?
Funny that you would see a tipping address in the signature as somehow disturbing, as this was the original use for them, long before signature campaigns came up.

maybe he wants everyone to see that he is tipping .... maybe he wants to brag about it Smiley
You can post txhashes for bragging rights.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Skylake

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:05:22 AM

i think the next software of bitcointalk will be support it

pandalion98

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 05:09:33 AM

Maybe for reasons of ease. If someone really wanted to tip someone, they can look for their BTC address then send it to there, but most people would go like "too many clicks, too lazy. Nevermind on the tip".

That's why UI developers emphasize on ease and reducing tediousness, and you usually see "one-click" actions/solutions/forms/registration/login/etc.
patronis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:25:10 AM

This would be a cool feature but I remember reading somewhere mods/admins are against someone creating a bot to do this, maybe because of spam or they eventually planned on adding it but who knows when?
omegaaf (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:30:31 AM

Nono. The best tool would be to allow us to deposit btc on the forum and just like we can click ignore on someone we can also click on tip and send him a few staoshi.
Nono. No solution at which we need the forum to hold the users bitcoin for a certain timeframe should be desireable in any case.
Also, we don't need an additional feature for things that can be easily done with the options we already got at hand.

That would be the best and it would keep the signatures clean from everyone's address.
Use the section in your profile then, maybe?
Funny that you would see a tipping address in the signature as somehow disturbing, as this was the original use for them, long before signature campaigns came up.

You can post txhashes for bragging rights.

I don't agree. I think leaving small amounts of btc on the forum is safer then leaving amounts in our exchange accounts. How many forums do you know that got hacked and lost all the customer funds.
Forum gox?
Forum Cryptsy?
Forum Mintpal.

And yes, bitcoin addresses are not sexy nor nice to look at. Id like to see the tip option soon. Hopefully like others mentioned on the new forum.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:11:44 AM

Yes, pretty sure there are plans to implement it in the next version of the forum.

As of now most people have BTC addresses in their profiles or signatures that you can send to if you really want to tip them.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 06:15:32 AM

-snip-
How many forums do you know that got hacked and lost all the customer funds.
-snip-

How often do you think this forum got hacked? A hint, the number is not 0.

Yes, pretty sure there are plans to implement it in the next version of the forum.

As of now most people have BTC addresses in their profiles or signatures that you can send to if you really want to tip them.

No, theymos said they dont want to get into the legal trouble of holding funds for users. The only reason for OPs solution I see are payment too small to be done on chain. With those kinds of tips, dont even bother.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
omegaaf (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:35:54 AM

Great, cant wait for it.
and btw.
Most people do not have their btc address posted.
serje
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:19:15 AM

-snip-
How many forums do you know that got hacked and lost all the customer funds.
-snip-

How often do you think this forum got hacked? A hint, the number is not 0.

No, theymos said they dont want to get into the legal trouble of holding funds for users. The only reason for OPs solution I see are payment too small to be done on chain. With those kinds of tips, dont even bother.

Since the number is not 0 I'm sure that in the next version we will see a tipping button!
That being said let's wait for the next version that will never come hopefully!!!

This version is perfect!

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 07:29:47 AM

Nono. The best tool would be to allow us to deposit btc on the forum and just like we can click ignore on someone we can also click on tip and send him a few staoshi. That would be the best and it would keep the signatures clean from everyone's address.

Nono. The best would be to keep your bitcoins in your wallet until you need to spend them.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
nururochac

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:35:48 AM

I think thats a good idea so that other people will eager to do more effort in making a post.
serje
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:39:58 AM

I think thats a good idea so that other people will eager to do more effort in making a post.

Also the admins shoul think at the possibility for everyone to see how much BTC everyone deposits in his account so that hackers won't waste time hacking the forum when there are no funds !!! What do you guys say?

nururochac

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:42:02 AM

Also the admins shoul think at the possibility for everyone to see how much BTC everyone deposits in his account so that hackers won't waste time hacking the forum when there are no funds !!! What do you guys say?
It doesnt go like that, whenever this is approved there's just a code that bind our wallet address on the forum thats all. There's  no need to deposit to another wallet address.
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 02:17:07 PM

I think that the best way would be to just tip the persons signature address
Loading up bitcointalk btc balance to tip people wouldnt be decentralized anymore

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 02:22:08 PM

Horrific idea. There's enough accounts being hacked already. Knowing there might be bitcoins available too would make this a total honeypot for (more) dishonest scum.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 02:26:45 PM

I totally object to this idea!   Why?! 

Just check how many accounts get hacked?  The fact that there are coins in them is not going to be cool.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 01:45:34 AM

No private keys out of the owners' control, EVER!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6826

Cashback 15%

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:57:31 AM

Lol, I don't think anyone here is interested in tipping anyone else.  With exceptions, of course.  I did tip someone who gave me a tutorial on how to do a screen shot copy/paste thing, and I did so because he had his bitcoin addy in his profile.

It would be nice to have a tip bot, I think.  I just don't think people here are going to give up their precious bitcoins.  And most of the posting here is shit anyway.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:01:36 AM

Lol, I don't think anyone here is interested in tipping anyone else.  With exceptions, of course.  I did tip someone who gave me a tutorial on how to do a screen shot copy/paste thing, and I did so because he had his bitcoin addy in his profile.

It would be nice to have a tip bot, I think.  I just don't think people here are going to give up their precious bitcoins.  And most of the posting here is shit anyway.
To add onto that, I don't think the work required to implement a tipping function would be worth the usage it would see. People scarcely give out tips, unless they open up a bounty thread to have their question answered quickly.

I think theymos already chimed in on this topic a few months ago, and isn't interested in implementing this feature mainly because it would make the forum liable for any lost funds, which is understandable.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:57:26 AM

Lol, I don't think anyone here is interested in tipping anyone else.  With exceptions, of course.  I did tip someone who gave me a tutorial on how to do a screen shot copy/paste thing, and I did so because he had his bitcoin addy in his profile.

It would be nice to have a tip bot, I think.  I just don't think people here are going to give up their precious bitcoins.  And most of the posting here is shit anyway.

This is very much true people see help as free with it being a forum.  I have been a member for years and I think I have had 2-3 who wanted to help tip (I don't think I accepted either though).   I have even used teamviewer and helped remote with miners... and no tip.

It just has become part of the culture really that help is free in a lot of cases.   I use a signature campaign as I gain a little something for helping and posting.  But it does not compare to say if I would have taken those times helping and actually did real work.   But I enjoy helping so I will continue to do it.  I also don't spam or push people to tip either some might have had tip's if doing this.  I just don't want to be that guy who helps then throws up a BTC address.... as I enjoy helping honestly even if there are no tips.
omegaaf (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:54:11 AM

I totally object to this idea!   Why?! 

Just check how many accounts get hacked?  The fact that there are coins in them is not going to be cool.

Accounts getting hacked and a bitcoin wallet getting hacked are two different issues.
Even if your account get's hacked they could have a pin number to be able to tip coin so a hacker might have the account but not the pin.
I think tipping on the forum is a great idea. I don't understand why most of you disagree
omegaaf (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:55:04 AM

I do a lot of reading here. I would tip quite often 1 cent 2 cents maybe 5 cents. Depends on how much I learnt from the post.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: