Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:43:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CHINA] Deep Thoughts With Spoetnik  (Read 544 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:31:42 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 04:27:05 AM by Spoetnik

Ok so i noticed a few time in my town an odd occurrence i have seen lots on TV etc.

I went by a bus stop the other day and there was a women walking around a strip mall.
Then later another women recently sitting on a bus stop.

Hmm i thought to myself..

I thought hmm i wonder why 1 person out of the entire population is wearing a FACE MASK ?

So i am seeing Asians of some type wandering around town with
masks hooked around their head covering their mouths.
And i had seen this on the NEWS many years back when the Bird Flu was spreading around.
But they were in China doing that back then and most of them all were doing it.
I assumed back then it was to try and prevent getting the Bird Flu etc.

So last couple years i have noticed here in Canada the amount of Asians moving to our city has increased
and so has their customs they do over there in China etc

So what is that all about ?

It is weird to say the least when there is 1 or 2 people in the whole town walking around like that.
Do they think they will catch something from round-eye ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
willope

Activity: 366
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:16:02 PM

They are reptilians.

..or..

No, seriousely. They are reptilians

Go get a job instead of wasting ur time with scams
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:37:18 PM

They do this because of the bad air quality. To protect themselves

~CfA~

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 09:41:50 PM

IIRC they do that not to protect themselves, but others around.
If you're getting sick, you start wearing a face mask, trying not to infect others.
So it's not some kind of weird paranoia they have, but rather an actually kinda nice gesture.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:05:23 PM

IIRC they do that not to protect themselves, but others around.
If you're getting sick, you start wearing a face mask, trying not to infect others.
So it's not some kind of weird paranoia they have, but rather an actually kinda nice gesture.

I suggest donning a face mask whenever venturing out in public along with a t-shirt that reads: Doctors are pretty sure that whatever I have is NOT contagious, but don't want to take any chances of accidentally breathing in a cure for the not-yet-named disease, thus losing my Patient 0 status if this shit goes viral (no pun intended).
High Plains Drifter

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:02:23 AM

When I first saw "China" I was hoping the Asian thread was getting resurrected.  I was in Seoul South Korea years ago and there were people everywhere wearing those masks because the pollution was so bad.  Maybe the air quality where you live still isn't good because of the forest fires?

Believe in the Shield!
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:57:45 AM

naw the air quality is always perfect i live in a Town which is legendary for it's climate etc.
unless yeah we get forest fires by we had none since last summer.. so that can't be it.

and i never thought of it as the other way around.. they are trying to keep us all from catching a cold etc ?
hmm ?

i say it is weird because there is no obvious reason for this behavior ..such as air quality.
i think i have seen that on TV etc where huge parts of some regions do that with heavy smog etc.
SO i get that but i know that is not an issue here at all.. *yet* (forest fire season is here)

I appreciate you all trying to provide some insight into this with some seriousness.
I have been curious as to why only a couple do this in town when there is far more Asians etc.
This is not a racism issue either..
It is the truth pointing out how there has been a growing Asian base here in my town.
So it's not like the guys from India or Pakistan are doing that here..

I would ask them but they bend over backwards avoiding people and congregate among themselves.
It's odd they really seem to try hard to avoid so much as looking at anyone non-Asian.
It can be creepy taking the no. 8 bus that goes to the University because you stick out like a sore thumb.
A huge double-decker full 90% with Asians going to the University and 4 or 5 white people etc.
So when you get on the bus for example they quickly look at you *maybe* then avoid you at all costs.
They rarely travel alone either.. but in packs talking among themselves.. which is bloody weird !

Kelowna is not a big city like Toronto or Vancouver.. it's resort / tourism town of sorts.
(nick-named the sunshine valley) and we are refereed to as sun worshippers.
A world renown tourism destination.

Like we have lots of Forest & a huge lake 168 miles long and Skiing on the mountains etc
SO i wonder if they are aware how they are coming across.
Where as other cultures in town have integrated among us seamlessly..
People from India here for example are mixed in with us and share the town together.
They may have their own temples + religion etc but they are here to join us Canadians
as a multi-cultural society.. vs. coming here and trying to setup a China town here etc

People in BC Canada know all too well how Richmond / New Westminster turned out.
I went through there LONG ago and i seen no English signs on strip malls.. ALL CHINESE !
And i got some pretty damn weird attitude when walking in to the video store and saying weird Chinese movies.

Anyway.. I think our countries identity revolves around being a Multi cultural place.
Although it seems like seem ethnicity's are far more willing to blend into society than others.
I am not racist against anyone but i do wish cultures would make an effort to "join us"
I don't think it's healthy to have the city split up into separate cultural areas like Toronto.

I went through Jamaica Town in the 90's and thought i was in the Twilight zone. (in Toronto)
I could not believe how when traveling all of a sudden 100% of the people were black and every single guy i talked to spoke with a heavy Jamaican accent + signs all said Jamaica this & that.
I just was not expecting that & had no idea that area existed.

Canada is sometimes getting abused with this cultural behavior i think.
Too many foreigners are coming to create a min version of the country they came from.
And that is not what Canada is about !

I should got to China and start a White-People town sub city like China-Town in Vancouver ROFL

I don't get all the customs out there so that is why i asked Wink
And THEY obviously don't get ours when making a mini China-Town within Kelowna here.
It works both ways..

THAT is the big problem i see with immigration these days.
..not a racism issue but an "integration" matter.
It's about working together and holding hands & all that shit.. being a society made of all parts !

oooooh Canada our land is white & freeeeee
to the man we pray
in our all glory he lay !!

(i am singing our anthem)

I just don't know the words Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: