Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:21:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the cloud mining sites to go scam?  (Read 3060 times)
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:04:31 PM

Just a thought,

After bitcoin halving , the block reward will be reduced to half. So the profit will be decreased by 50% for miners.

Right?

Then what about the mining companies like hashocean? Will they shutdown?

Replies are welcome.

Ps: Correct me if I'm wrong on any thought.

We can't say that all of them will turn to scam their users but it is highly recommended to not invest there anymore, withdraw all the money that you have there if you can but if you can't you can just hope to get your money back and if any little profit. I'm afraid that the payment from these cloud mining websites will be delayed first and then not paying(scamming)
anthonycamp (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:07:59 PM

Thanks for all your replies, I will not invest any money in these sites as of now.

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:28:42 PM

I dont think the main ones are a scam but i just think they are highly unprofitable and a waste of money.
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:43:16 PM

Thanks for all your replies, I will not invest any money in these sites as of now.
I think before bitcoin reward exhausted then cloudmining not going to die? if you want to benefit from cloudmining was still possible dude. you should look for a site mining right to mine is not a ponzi sites. then you can still benefit. cloudmining yet expired dude
greatr

Activity: 447

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:55:24 PM

most of the cloud mining will go down in my opinion because they are just scams that wont to take your money
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:03:24 PM

Just a thought,

After bitcoin halving , the block reward will be reduced to half. So the profit will be decreased by 50% for miners.

Right?

Replies are welcome.

I'd have to agree with a lot of other posts here. Could mining already is either not profitable for the person purchasing it or it's just a cover up for a Ponzi. Definitely don't incest in one right now! You'll never see ROI.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:37:53 PM

Just a thought,

Right?

Replies are welcome.

Right and possible their will run with your money but if they not ruin their business of course they will tell you about a decrease in the number of bitcoin generated  per day.
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:43:26 PM

It is known that most of these sites are ponzi scheme so it just a matter of time before they turn scam. It is going to happen just when they do not get new members to invest.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:03:38 AM

The websites like Genesis-Mining may be able to survive with the mining of "Ethereum". Bitcoin mining would not be much profitable for them and in result, they could end up the cloud mining of bitcoin. But on the other hand, ethers could provide these sort of websites still a heck of profit, at least for  a few more months, or maybe even more if the value of ethers continue to increase with the current rate of increasing.

About the websites which only "claim" to be of cloud-mining, they'd continue as they are NOT related to crypto-currencies in any way at all. They are only and only ponzi's and HYIP's which are using bitcoin and other altcoins as a payment processor to get increase in investments anonymously. They'd continue to open, gain and close. Just like the recent example of CLDMine.
nicojaewpunk

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:15:07 AM

Just a thought,

Right?

Replies are welcome.

Man, your example is shitochean. They are not mining, they are ponzi scheme
You know what will happen with ponzi, here it is SCAM
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:15:23 AM

Just a thought,

Right?

Replies are welcome.

Scam or not, that is the RISK that investors need to endure. I don't care anymore if Hashocean will run or not. I already got my Return of Investment there. I am just earning pure profit from them .
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:19:05 AM

Cloud mining is prime for scamming because the very nature of mining requires up front costs for hardware that you then repay one little piece at a time each day. So fake cloud miners just use your own money to pay you back for months and then cash out when they want by closing the website.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:34:47 AM

I think hashocean will not shutdown their mining rigs because based on their answer in email. They are not only relying on bitcoins they said that there is many cryptocurrency or altcoins that they can mine. I think if the bitcoins is not more profitable they will mine ethereum Smiley.
PuraPuraBego

Activity: 928
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:41:09 AM

as far as my experience to the cloud mining sites, it is always a scam before your money back. Well I've been several times to join in such sites, and as a result I lost my bitcoin
May you mean it's are game HYIP or PONZI. Make sure your site for invest your money've real could minning, Like have detail where them to do it.
anthonycamp (OP)

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:56:54 AM

Then what about HashOcean? I heard they don't mine bitcoins but altcoins. Is it safe to invest there?
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 07:53:52 AM

In my opinion, not all cloud mining will go to scam. As an investor the risk is associated when investing so we need to evaluate the risk and calculate it base on our investment and our goal.

I have invested with some cloud mining but I have a bad experience in scrypt.cc, but as an bitcoin lover I would support any business that will help the community grow. With that said, I would suggest that only invest with the more trusted sites and put an amount that you can afford to lose.
mishra1994u

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:04:03 AM

yes recently a mining site cldmine.com has ran away with users btc...me too lost many doge coins that i invested in cldmine..i think we should wait till bitcoin halving then start investing on them again
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:31:22 AM

yes recently a mining site cldmine.com has ran away with users btc...me too lost many doge coins that i invested in cldmine..i think we should wait till bitcoin halving then start investing on them again

I think you should have a long hard think about doing "due dilligence" and other unfashionable stuff before you even think about sending any more coin to websites with absolutely no proof of what they say they are doing.
Note the multiple use of the word "think", try it sometime.
Also try applying the criteria set out here to determine if you have half a chance of not being scammed.
What's the burning desire to "invest" BTC anyway? The price is going up faster than any mining profits, just hold.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:55:21 AM

Just a thought,

Right?

Replies are welcome.

We can't tell until when they will continue to operate. If they mine other coins like ethereum maybe they will continue even after halving. But i think cloud-mining companies are not safe even if they are already operating for a long time. They don't have a real proof how or where they mine their coins. It is easy to say they mine this and here is there location but we can't tell if it's true.

It's only my opinion about cloud-mining sites so don't be afraid about losing your money. Just always think positive. Smiley
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:06:42 AM

It is known that most of these sites are ponzi scheme so it just a matter of time before they turn scam. It is going to happen just when they do not get new members to invest.
do you think hashocean is ponzi scheme using the system? if yes why their site live more than one year? it being thoughts. I was tempted by gains in bitcoin. and I've tried and I've reached the ROI but unfortunately I only invest 30 KHS only :/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: