Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:36:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I be useful to the community?  (Read 1394 times)
economicsjunkie (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:21:19 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2011, 08:41:21 PM by economicsjunkie

Hi, I am fascinated by the concept and I would like to do whatever I can programatically to support the project.

Re. my experience: I work in IT as an entrepreneur and mostly have experience with LAMP servers, PHP, MySQL, Wordpress, shell scripting and some ajax/js coding. Our software facilitates live real time auctions which we do in a very light weight thin client environment via a flash bridge that allows for TCP/IP connections OR HTML5 Websockets, if the user's browser permits it.

I also have an account at Experts Exchange through work so I can post tough questions on there if needed, which has helped me out many times actually.

So this is just a post to ask if I can be of any help in general as I familiarize myself with the technology. =)

Best regards,
EJ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 01:53:16 AM

Re. my experience: I work in IT as an entrepreneur and mostly have experience with LAMP servers, PHP, MySQL, Wordpress, shell scripting and some ajax/js coding.

Wordpress?  Have you built any wordpress sites using WP e-Commerce?  There is a growing need for people who can provide assistance to Wordpress users who wish to add Bitcoin as a payment option to their ecommerce site.

Here's a gateway
  http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin-wp-e-commerce

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

economicsjunkie (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 08:47:03 PM

Re. my experience: I work in IT as an entrepreneur and mostly have experience with LAMP servers, PHP, MySQL, Wordpress, shell scripting and some ajax/js coding.

Wordpress?  Have you built any wordpress sites using WP e-Commerce?  There is a growing need for people who can provide assistance to Wordpress users who wish to add Bitcoin as a payment option to their ecommerce site.

Here's a gateway

Awesome, I'll get right on that then Smiley Thanks so much!!
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:50:14 PM

Here's a gateway

Awesome, I'll get right on that then Smiley Thanks so much!!

Maybe this is something that could be added to the wordpress e-commerce shopping cart.  yeah, just thinking a historical exchange price to purchase chart would be awsome.

+1
i would so LOVE to build a little wordpress "shop" that accepts only BitCoin as a hobby and further the cause (it would be me selling my gold/silver coins, mostly). however, updating the prices sucks unwashed goat-ass.

if there was a way to make [shop-plugin] make the following, I'd be one happy camper:

a) take the price of something (gold-price, $XAU)
b) look for the vwap of the last X (three?) hours of $BTC-trading across Y exchanges
c) maybe apply some minor math to it (like [$XAU/31,11/$BTC]+0,5BTC)
d) put that shit right next to my krugerrand

and then log in the whole shebang, send the BTC to my safe.wallet.dat (there needs to be the option to supply a list of x BitCoin-Adresses the plugin uses to send the funds to make it less vulnerable), sends out an email with order confirmation, KABOOM! BUSINESS!
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:14:27 AM

Hi, I am fascinated by the concept and I would like to do whatever I can programatically to support the project.

Re. my experience: I work in IT as an entrepreneur and mostly have experience with LAMP servers, PHP, MySQL, Wordpress, shell scripting and some ajax/js coding. Our software facilitates live real time auctions which we do in a very light weight thin client environment via a flash bridge that allows for TCP/IP connections OR HTML5 Websockets, if the user's browser permits it.

I also have an account at Experts Exchange through work so I can post tough questions on there if needed, which has helped me out many times actually.

So this is just a post to ask if I can be of any help in general as I familiarize myself with the technology. =)

Best regards,
EJ

Explain to hard-money people why Bitcoin is useful and valuable, if you can.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: