Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how backup google authenticator on a non rooted phone?  (Read 438 times)
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 06:20:27 PM

I know this isnt strictly bitcoin related but im sure most people use this on various exchanges etc. My problem i have is i cant seem to find a backup option inside google authenticator so that if i ever lose my phone or break it i can recover all my accounts.

Anyone know how this can be done, I know titanium backup is capable of this but obviously ive not rooted yet.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:29:52 PM

I know this isnt strictly bitcoin related but im sure most people use this on various exchanges etc. My problem i have is i cant seem to find a backup option inside google authenticator so that if i ever lose my phone or break it i can recover all my accounts.

Anyone know how this can be done, I know titanium backup is capable of this but obviously ive not rooted yet.

This is definitely off topic for this section, but there is always Authy as an alternative.

helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 06:34:16 PM

This is definitely off topic for this section, but there is always Authy as an alternative.

I think I'm going to have to redo all my 2fa. I just had a meltdown after realising that if i  lost my phone im locked out of all my accounts.  Going to be a right pain if i have to turn off  2fa on every account i own and re apply It on a different authenticator.

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 08:35:20 PM

I think I'm going to have to redo all my 2fa. I just had a meltdown after realising that if i  lost my phone im locked out of all my accounts.  Going to be a right pain if i have to turn off  2fa on every account i own and re apply It on a different authenticator.

I keep an encrypted copy of the QR code of the seed. I've broken a phone a few times without it and it's truly annoying to recover accounts with 2FA.
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 08:38:44 PM

I keep an encrypted copy of the QR code of the seed. I've broken a phone a few times without it and it's truly annoying to recover accounts with 2FA.

Ive just gone and switched off then on all my 2fa and wrote down the individual seeds and also downloaded authy and switched them all to that so at least i can now restore a backup if i need to.

Possible disaster diverted.

bob75coin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 07:52:41 AM

When you scan the qr code:
1) you can print it and backup
2) you can scan with an old backup phone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: