Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:30:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you mine with NVIDIA GeForce 9400 on a iMac pleas help!  (Read 1042 times)
CryptoMine.ml (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 07:56:35 PM

I have a Late 2009 iMac with NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB. I would like to GPU mine Scrypt or X11. What do I need? How to set it up? How many MH/s or KH/s would I get? And what is more profitable Scrypt or X11. My I mac is running 10.11.4.

CryptoMine.ml (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 08:34:27 PM

Does anyone know?

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:54:31 PM

Does anyone know?

A little impatient aren't you Jr? Only waiting a half hour to follow up on your own post.
Do you expect people to be waiting just for you to pose a question so they can race to
be first to reply to it?

To be honest your question looks like a troll. Pick an ancient GPU that likely predates cuda, a requirement to
mine, and the OS least likely to support mining and see if you can get anyone to take the question seriously.

You obviously didn't do any research before posting, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and answer.

It can't be done.

PS. the sarcasm is the price you pay for me answering a stupid question.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:00:44 PM

Previously buy a time machine and came back to the past Grin. Then you will be able to mine bitcoin with your laptop Smiley.
CryptoMine.ml (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 05:08:38 AM

Does anyone know?

A little impatient aren't you Jr? Only waiting a half hour to follow up on your own post.
Do you expect people to be waiting just for you to pose a question so they can race to
be first to reply to it?

To be honest your question looks like a troll. Pick an ancient GPU that likely predates cuda, a requirement to
mine, and the OS least likely to support mining and see if you can get anyone to take the question seriously.

You obviously didn't do any research before posting, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and answer.

It can't be done.

PS. the sarcasm is the price you pay for me answering a stupid question.

Sorry it was such a dumb question, and I did do research. I found MacMiner but it works as well as your answer.  I was hoping someone could come up with a good answer. Unfortunately you have filled  to come up with an answer, good enough for me the troll. Go smoke a pound of weed and then come back with a answer.  And if that don't work go chew a couple cans of CW.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:23:43 AM

You want to mine with a 9400?

*ROFLMAO*

Looks like you're the one that's been smoking the weed - that GPU is so old it would have a hard time mining SHA256, much less anything that is currently considered to be a GPU-mined coin.

In THEORY, it might be able to do something - it did technically have CUDA units - but the performance would be worse than any semi-current CPU.

For the record - CUDA showed up sometime during the GeForce 8xxx series, I forget offhand if ALL the 8xxx were CUDA capable though.
 They would be VERY VERY POOR performing CUDA units though, very slow clocks by current standards AND small amounts of very slow memory.
 Forget Ethereum entirely - no way those ever had a 2 GB option, or even a 1GB option - I'm not sure if they had a 256 MB option offhand.

Also, expecting an answer to a rather OBSCURE question like this in a half hour is just DUMB. This is a forum, NOT an IRC channel with hundreds of folks active at the time you asked.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:40:54 PM

Sorry it was such a dumb question, and I did do research. I found MacMiner but it works as well as your answer.  I was hoping someone could come up with a good answer. Unfortunately you have filled  to come up with an answer, good enough for me the troll. Go smoke a pound of weed and then come back with a answer.  And if that don't work go chew a couple cans of CW.

That is too funny. If you did such great research you know that macminer is OpenCL, not Cuda. I already gave you
the answer but you're too clueless to realize it.

BTW I prefer hash over weed.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
CryptoMine.ml (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 02:09:04 PM

You want to mine with a 9400?

*ROFLMAO*

Looks like you're the one that's been smoking the weed - that GPU is so old it would have a hard time mining SHA256, much less anything that is currently considered to be a GPU-mined coin.

In THEORY, it might be able to do something - it did technically have CUDA units - but the performance would be worse than any semi-current CPU.

For the record - CUDA showed up sometime during the GeForce 8xxx series, I forget offhand if ALL the 8xxx were CUDA capable though.
 They would be VERY VERY POOR performing CUDA units though, very slow clocks by current standards AND small amounts of very slow memory.
 Forget Ethereum entirely - no way those ever had a 2 GB option, or even a 1GB option - I'm not sure if they had a 256 MB option offhand.

Also, expecting an answer to a rather OBSCURE question like this in a half hour is just DUMB. This is a forum, NOT an IRC channel with hundreds of folks active at the time you asked.

Thanks for your answer. No smoking weed just dip.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: