Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitmixer io scammed me of 5BTC  (Read 1154 times)
mistermanning (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:08:01 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 07:35:27 AM by mistermanning

Sent a transaction to their receving address and one of my forwarding addresses never received the bitcoins. It has been unconfirmed for 36 hours now. I have been keeping an eye on 3-4 day old unconfirmed transactions for a few hours now and they are "never accepted by a node" and are pruned from the database!

I am not a victim of MITM as I have letter of guarantee which was verified. Still have it now.

Assume they sent a fake transaction or something so they could scam me out of 5BTC. Only been using bitmixer for a couple of weeks or so. 5th mix with them and I am scammed. Avoid them at all costs. Will stick with bitblender or something.

Would appreciate if support would resolve this issue as email isn't working nor is their support form.

Rubbish service!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:59:12 AM

Network has gone to shit a few days ago, you don't need to assume scam, there are problems all around because of congestion.

Contact support, maybe they will help.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 09:26:28 AM

Network has gone to shit a few days ago, you don't need to assume scam, there are problems all around because of congestion.

i guess its common these days. nothing to worry then.
i still haven't get my few btcs from someone I've transact with  its almost 4 hours now. i've trade with him 4 times already and this happen just today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:31:36 AM

i guess its common these days. nothing to worry then.
i still haven't get my few btcs from someone I've transact with  its almost 4 hours now. i've trade with him 4 times already and this happen just today.

It's common if the sender (bitmixer in this case) didn't added enough fee to make the miner chose his transaction over other unconfirmed transactions. I'm pretty sure this is not a scam attempt, but an honest mistake by bitmixer.

I wouldn't say it's nothing to worry about tough, the receiver will not be able to securily spend the coins (create outputs with unconfirmed inputs is not a good thing to do) untill the transaction is confirmed, and if the transaction is eventually forgotten by the network (dropped by the nodes) the sender can (mistakingly) spend the inputs he used to create the forgotten transaction again, so the receiver will never receive his coins...

In the OP's case: it's very well possible bitmixer didn't add enough fees, so if the transaction gets dropped by everyone, bitmixer can use the inputs again, and the OP will be very unlucky. He can either rebroadcast the transaction untill it confirms, or he can contact bixmixer's staff, asking them to help him. Since he has his letter of guarantee, it'll be very easy to prove his point, and bitmixer can do a RBF or double spend the inputs, creating a new transaction with these inputs, but with a bigger fee...

icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:04:18 PM

I have used bitmixer hundreds of times nearly every transaction I make I use it. had a fee problem once and support fixed it with a letter of guarantee, im sure its not a scam...

have a look at the transaction id and see what it says regarding to fee or how long to confirm on blockchain.info.
o_o

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:05:33 PM

Contact support, they surely will help you. I've excanged huge amount with that mix and I've never had any problem. Anyway, if you need to change your mixer, I advice you [banned mixer], a new great mixer with lower fee and an affiliate payment ! Smiley
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:29:53 PM

I`m sure they will correct your situation.

You should point this thread to their main thread if you havent done so to get their attention its what I would do at this point.

I wouldnt think they would scam you out of only 5 btc when they handle a ton more then that in a given month.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:45:48 PM

Do you have their letter of guarantee? If so then you should post it.

Also if your transaction to them has not yet confirmed then I would suggest that you double spend the transaction, then send them BTC again with a higher fee.
icanscript

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:36:12 PM

Also if your transaction to them has not yet confirmed then I would suggest that you double spend the transaction, then send them BTC again with a higher fee.

Posting it here would surely compromise the reason he wanted to use a mixer in the first place? He should only share that with bitmixer imo
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:44:47 PM

Posting it here would surely compromise the reason he wanted to use a mixer in the first place? He should only share that with bitmixer imo
Well he is a newbie with 0 2 posts, and if he was using bitcoin properly then he should have been sending the BTC to an address that has never been used before, so he can simply never use the address in question. Also sending BTC to a mixer is not in itself any kind of indication of any kind of wrongdoing.

Nevertheless, without the letter of guarantee, the OP's claims mean nothing.
icanscript

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:15:52 PM

Well he is a newbie with 0 2 posts, and if he was using bitcoin properly then he should have been sending the BTC to an address that has never been used before, so he can simply never use the address in question. Also sending BTC to a mixer is not in itself any kind of indication of any kind of wrongdoing.

Nevertheless, without the letter of guarantee, the OP's claims mean nothing.

Agreed, But the ops business is simply his business. Just because he is a newbie to bitcointalk does not mean he is new to bitcoin world or usage. He may just not want his next hop address to be known, which I believe the letter displays?
BITMIXER.IO

Activity: 261
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:40:42 AM

Sent a transaction to their receving address and one of my forwarding addresses never received the bitcoins. It has been unconfirmed for 36 hours now. I have been keeping an eye on 3-4 day old unconfirmed transactions for a few hours now and they are "never accepted by a node" and are pruned from the database!

I am not a victim of MITM as I have letter of guarantee which was verified. Still have it now.

Assume they sent a fake transaction or something so they could scam me out of 5BTC. Only been using bitmixer for a couple of weeks or so. 5th mix with them and I am scammed. Avoid them at all costs. Will stick with bitblender or something.

Would appreciate if support would resolve this issue as email isn't working nor is their support form.

Rubbish service!
Hi, did you contact support? If you have correct Letter of Guarantee it wouldn't be a problem. You may send me in PM.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 03:17:46 PM

Bitmixer has a good reputation here they even run a signature campaign so I'm sure they will fix this issue considering it is such a big amount with the price of Bitcoin now..

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:20:00 PM

Bitmixer has a good reputation here they even run a signature campaign so I'm sure they will fix this issue considering it is such a big amount with the price of Bitcoin now..
YoShit campaigners don't leave a chance to earn a satoshi wherever possible .SIGH.
BITMIXER.IO

Activity: 261
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:33:46 PM

btw our support team works 24x7, they usually reply in minutes after the ticket submitted.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:48:43 PM

I send a transaction 24 hours ago and a transaction from mixer to forward address still remains at 0 confirmations. have I been scammed? I have letter of guarantee which was verified as bitmixer. help? lot of money to me.
Considering his post on bitmixer topic i think his problem is because of the 0 confirmations for a long time Smiley
and his last active was June 15th, I think at this point his coins are already confirmed by the network Wink

FYI, Bitmixer has raised its mining fee so future transaction should be confirmed as fast as usual Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: