Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 94.1 -- Can't send any transactions  (Read 1299 times)
sfbaddog (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:40:02 AM

I've been using 94.1 successfully for a month.  Suddenly today, i can't send any transactions.  I get stalled at the point where Armory suggests a higher transaction fee (why are the suggested fees so high by the way??).  Selecting no at that screen should continue the transaction with the fee I selected, but instead it sends me back to the previous screen.  I've tried everything.  I've tried accepting the suggested fee.  Nope, still takes me back to the previous screen.  I've reinstalled 94.1 in a fresh location.  Still the same problem.  Anyone else running into this issue?  Any suggestions?  I'm not getting any error messages and when i run Bitcoin core by itself it seems to be syncing up just fine so I don't think the problem is there.  I'm on Bitcoin 0.12.1.

Thanks.
sfbaddog
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 12:42:32 AM

i think the network is a bit congested now thats why the high fees,. i dont know more about the issue you are facing
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 12:53:44 AM

Consult https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ with network congestion if you want miners to prioritize your transaction. Tradeblock shows the average transaction size is 550 bytes or .00033 bitcoin. Round it up to .0004 and that is the minimum fee in bitcoin you should be using per transaction. You could use .0005 bitcoin per transaction to make it high priority.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 01:00:07 AM

i think the network is a bit congested now thats why the high fees,. i dont know more about the issue you are facing
Consult https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ with network congestion if you want miners to prioritize your transaction. Tradeblock shows the average transaction size is 550 bytes or .00033 bitcoin. Round it up to .0004 and that is the minimum fee in bitcoin you should be using per transaction. You could use .0005 bitcoin per transaction to make it high priority.
It's not a fee problem, it's clearly an Armory issue.

I'm thinking there may be a python error. Can you post the Armory logs? If they are too long to post, go to http://pastebin.com/ and make a new paste. Then post the link to that paste.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:01:56 AM

I've been using 94.1 successfully for a month.  Suddenly today, i can't send any transactions.  I get stalled at the point where Armory suggests a higher transaction fee (why are the suggested fees so high by the way??).  Selecting no at that screen should continue the transaction with the fee I selected, but instead it sends me back to the previous screen.  I've tried everything.  I've tried accepting the suggested fee.  Nope, still takes me back to the previous screen.  I've reinstalled 94.1 in a fresh location.  Still the same problem.  Anyone else running into this issue?  Any suggestions?  I'm not getting any error messages and when i run Bitcoin core by itself it seems to be syncing up just fine so I don't think the problem is there.  I'm on Bitcoin 0.12.1.

Thanks.
sfbaddog

Try rebuild and rescan first, if that fails post log files. The fees are what Bitcoin Core calculates, ask them.

fumblefingers

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:00:45 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 03:24:59 AM by fumblefingers

I'm having the same problem, sorta. 0.94.1 has been working well past two days. Tonight I get the error:

There was an error constructing your transaction, due to a quirk in the way Bitcoin transactions work. If you see this error more than once, try sending your BTC in two or more separate transactions

Smaller amounts still would not send, and, as I have been doing, I have my fee set to 0.0015

Win7

EDIT:  Rescanning made no difference. Rebuild? Rebuild what, the blockchain download? I sure hope that's not what you mean. It took me a WEEK to get the whole thing.

Although it may be important that I have the blockchain downloaded into Bitcoin Core, as when I installed Armory again, (after not having it for a couple years,) it seemed to just be "offline" and doing nothing for days. The only way I could get Armory to work, after trying all the methods described here, was to start Bitcoin Core first, then start armory with the setting for "Allow Armory to manage bitcoinqt" unchecked. Worked beautifully for a few days.
sfbaddog (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:55:06 AM

I'm thinking there may be a python error. Can you post the Armory logs? If they are too long to post, go to http://pastebin.com/ and make a new paste. Then post the link to that paste.
Here's a link to the log file starting with the last successful transaction this morning.  Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/eWKqszkM

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 03:02:05 AM

Here's a link to the log file starting with the last successful transaction this morning.  Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/eWKqszkM

Looks like you will probably need to rebuild and rescan the databases. Go to Help > Rebuild and Rescan databases. Click Yes in the dialog that pops up and then restart Armory.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:18:09 AM

There was an error constructing your transaction, due to a quirk in the way Bitcoin transactions work. If you see this error more than once, try sending your BTC in two or more separate transactions

Code:
      if len(utxoSelect) == 0:
         QMessageBox.critical(self, tr('Coin Selection Error'), tr("""
            There was an error constructing your transaction, due to a
            quirk in the way Bitcoin transactions work.  If you see this
            error more than once, try sending your BTC in two or more
            separate transactions."""), QMessageBox.Ok)
         return False

This is the error it is referring to. In other words, it fails to select utxos to create your transaction, which suggest your outputs are all zero confirmed (or they are immature coinbase).

Also, are you trying to spend all your coins in one go? Is Core suggesting a big fee?

The only way I could get Armory to work, after trying all the methods described here, was to start Bitcoin Core first, then start armory with the setting for "Allow Armory to manage bitcoinqt" unchecked. Worked beautifully for a few days.

That's the mode I recommend (self managed BitcoinQt). I only tolerate bitcoind auto management because it has been there long enough people are used to it (and expect it). It's the source of about 80% of all errors with Armory.

EDIT:  Rescanning made no difference. Rebuild? Rebuild what, the blockchain download? I sure hope that's not what you mean. It took me a WEEK to get the whole thing.

Rebuild & rescan the Armory DB, what you are talking about is a blockchain redownload. Look in the help menu, should be below rescan.

Ratatosk

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:03:05 PM

Hi

I have exactly the same problem described here in the post above, it came suddenly, no problem before today with the 0.94.0 version !

Should I upgrade ?

Or what else ?

Let Armory in backround is checked
Bitcoin install dir is C:\Program files\Bitcoin
Bitcoin home dir is D:\Program Files (x86)\Armorydatabases\Bitcoin
Shortcut to Armory is "D:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe" --datadir="D:\Program Files (x86)\Armorydatabases\NewArmory"

Thank you for your great work and help.

You should include a donation button in next version, so people can pay you for your work. Or add option "Add 0.xxxxx BTC as extra fee for each transaction to donate to developper" in Settings or below the Armory logo and above the 4 buttons.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:28:57 PM

Start BitcoinQt manually, see what it has to say for itself. Otherwise, I need to see log files.

Ratatosk

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:19:33 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2016, 09:39:16 AM by Ratatosk

Hi an thanks

But if I start Bitcoin Core manually, it is going to begin to download a new full BTC blockchain somewhere on my disk, no ?

Or is there a specific way to start Bitcoin Core manually for Armory and my config ?

Shortcut to Armory is "D:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe" --datadir="D:\Program Files (x86)\Armorydatabases\NewArmory"

Ratatosk

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 09:38:59 AM

Problem disappeared today, without chnaging nothing !

Strange
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:39:46 PM

Hi an thanks

But if I start Bitcoin Core manually, it is going to begin to download a new full BTC blockchain somewhere on my disk, no ?

Or is there a specific way to start Bitcoin Core manually for Armory and my config ?

Your setup is using the default datadir for Core. Otherwise, you can start BitcoinQt with the -datadir command line argument to specify that folder.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: