Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:46:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will USA use bitcoins as a currency next year?  (Read 1003 times)
Nevis (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:45:18 AM

i have been hearing arguments from bitcoiner saying that ther uplines telling them that the US president have took into consideration to use bitcoin as a currency to be used such as paying a cup of coffee and other services. I dont believe it but If its true can somebody tell me the exact story about that stuff.
Semidetached

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:52:42 AM

I really doubt it will be next year but I mean eventually when the block size and transaction times get perfected it should get used by everybody eventually right.
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:11:54 AM

If its accepted and what youre hearing pretty much takes years knowing how slow the govt moves.

It would go through hoops of laws and added with the money transmitter laws being legal adding the word "digital currency and like bitcoin".

Laws are always changing either if its slow or fast, so hopefully youre right?

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 03:32:21 AM

USA and the whole world is already using bitcoins as currency. Actually, bitcoins were developed to work as currency. As for the government, it is really difficult for them to regulate the transactions so it is really difficult for them to decide what bitcoin is.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:51:33 AM

i have been hearing arguments from bitcoiner saying that ther uplines telling them that the US president have took into consideration to use bitcoin as a currency to be used such as paying a cup of coffee and other services. I dont believe it but If its true can somebody tell me the exact story about that stuff.

US is the first government who is trying to take out bitcoin from the world,  for that show reasons like ISIS usage and under world terrorist usage in bitcoin and many more. As much I know bitcoin is using worldwide but not accept as centralized money. In future bitcoin will be any country's national currency.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:33:53 AM

The US is having a national currency, and its name is the United States Dollar. The USD happens to be the reserve currency of the world, and the vast majority of the international trade is done using it. Now tell me why the American government would replace the USD (along with the $20 trillion USD worth of treasury bonds) with an obscure crypto-currency invented by some unknown guy?
RealityTruth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

narrowpathnetwork.com

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 06:47:03 AM

No, it won't.

xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:04:21 AM

I think it still takes a very long time to expect the state will begin to adopt bitcoin as their currency may be America is a country that is open for something new but i think it will hard to their goverment would adopt bitcoin.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:18:50 AM

I think it still takes a very long time to expect the state will begin to adopt bitcoin as their currency may be America is a country that is open for something new but i think it will hard to their goverment would adopt bitcoin.

The governments will never adopt a currency or a payment system which they can't control. And worse, Ben Bernanke and his friends won't be able to mint unlimited amounts of cash, as Bitcoin is protected against inflation. For the next 100 or 200 years, Bitcoin will remain outside government regulation and recognition.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:03:20 PM

The answer is No.

From what we've seen the only people turning to bitcoin en masse are poor countries with high inflation (Argentina, Venezuela) or people in authoritarian countries where there is real danger of your govt confiscating savings e.g. China which doesn't even recognise the concept of private property in law apart from real estate.

Are Americans afraid their savings and land will be confiscated? No. Which means they have no incentive to use bitcoin. It is for the poor countries...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:14:32 PM

Around $735 to 1 bitcoin right now. If the banks don't get on board soon, they will lose it all.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:22:19 PM

If it continues with the increase as it has I can see them contemplating it.  Wink
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 02:46:21 PM

Chatted with Trump and Hillary over the weekend. They're both on board for converting the US currency to bitcoins their first day in office.

They also said they will be ending all wars and scrapping the income tax.

Then I woke up.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
xventure

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:51:59 PM

The whole world is already using bitcoin, no doubt this will be the universal currency very soon, currency trading, imports and exports. Bitcoin is the currency of the new generation, only Venezuela that has not surrendered to these developments, we still see some cases of people being arrested for using bitcoin.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:32:55 PM

I think they are already using bitcoin just like here in my country they are now using bitcoin and put some rules and regulation. also they are need government identity before you can withdraw. and i hope we the same as in usa..
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:43:33 PM

The whole world is already using bitcoin, no doubt this will be the universal currency very soon, currency trading, imports and exports. Bitcoin is the currency of the new generation, only Venezuela that has not surrendered to these developments, we still see some cases of people being arrested for using bitcoin.

You can't claim that a currency which is being actively used by a few tens of thousands of individuals is a world currency. As a matter of fact, the Bhutanese ngultrum and the Surinamese dollar are more popular than the Bitcoin. I want Bitcoin to become the world currency... but that doesn't mean that we should overlook the current user stats.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:46:44 PM

bitcoin price is based on dollars so i think USA is already using it as a currency . here in my country it is now being used as a currency but in some stores only and it is mostly used for online shopping . we still need to convert it to cash before we use it for real .
Doraiimon

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:49:36 PM

offcourse and specially if the bitcoin price keep rising
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:21:17 PM

bitcoin price is based on dollars so i think USA is already using it as a currency . here in my country it is now being used as a currency but in some stores only and it is mostly used for online shopping . we still need to convert it to cash before we use it for real .

The US Dollar is the world's reserve currency, and that is why the exchange rates of commodities (gold, brent crude, WTI, metals.etc) and other currencies are given with respect to the USD. Currency pairs involving the USD (EUR/USD, UKP/USD, CNY/USD) are among the most heavily traded pairs in the Forex market. That shows the strength of the USD.
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:30:51 PM

In my opinion for this kiind of matters the only important thing is to follow the money. Actually the Us are "exporting" their debt to foreign countries. Why would they give up on this kind of free money ?
IMO they will not do much against it (it would be perceived as weakness or like a confession that something is a real threat to their economy, but they will not encourage it in my way.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███