Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now.  (Read 24191 times)
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:25:29 PM

The http://bitcoinstore.com/ front page's counter puts them at 12% of the needed goal of 850k in sales during the first quarter, the goal is needed to keep them at their current pricing. It is by far the most ambitious push for bitcoins mainstream acceptance we have so far seen. I myself have bought 364$ worth of sdd hardrives. Recieved them and am pleased with how everything went. Im browsing to find something more I could use as we speak, but I can only do so mch. If you care about bitcoin, have some and need any electronics now is the time to act. The counter currently stands at 110,964 / 850,000$. They are beating all or nearly all their competitors in prices, simply because their profit margin stands at what normally goes to creditcard companies.

Seeing the counter as low as it is makes me sort of feel ashamed for this community. We really can and most certainly should do better.

[disclamer: the poster is in no way more affiliated with bitcoinstore than being a customer, who cares deeply about their venture succeeding.]

The time to act is now.

deeply concerned

- Isokivi

Hey how long was shipping on your order and if you dont mind me asking what area was it shipped to?

I just placed an order for about 20 BTC and am curious aboth the shipping times
Isokivi (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 01:41:00 PM

Hey how long was shipping on your order and if you dont mind me asking what area was it shipped to?

Shipped from:    LOS ANGELES CA , US
Shipped on:    Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:33 PM
Delivery to:    FINLAND
Delivered on:    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:03 PM
Service:    U.S. POSTAL SERVICE

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Surpbitcoin

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:46:03 PM

Thanks, lets see how long it takes to get to Canada, I ordered yesterday, and took the express shipping so I would expect in in 3 days. Hopefully all will go well and I'll be on my new ASUS in no time!
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:40:34 PM

And what if it's DOA ? Who will cover the re-shipping fees ?
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:40:41 PM

I support this cause and use this as an excuse to buy some stuff  Grin

Same here, I've bought some stuff, and will ask friends if they wish something in this store over this week.
Surpbitcoin

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:44:36 PM

lets hope that's not the case!
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:45:40 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2013, 03:02:34 PM by DoomDumas

It's not up to us to support someone else's ridiculously ambitious project. There is a word for that and it's not looked upon favorably on these forums...

Additionally, I personally don't support rampant consumerism, so no I will not be buying anything I don't absolutely need.

I've bought a xbox keypad and a 1 year live card.. with this, we'll be able to remove our TV bill (wichh my wife pay because she's the only one who listen to TV in here), and she will be able to get all she listen to via the XBox.  Then, we save 240$/year.

The stuff bought was cheaper than local alternative, but after shipping, it cost more than local.  I dont care that much, as it will make our TV bill disapear and gives a chance to bitcoinstore, and my wife will listen less TV adds and crap.. priceless Wink
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 03:08:47 PM

My action is needed now? Like I have $800kusd to donate to Roger, or to exchange for electronic goods I could never get $800kusd of use out of?

I bought a bunch of usb keyboards I didn't really need, just because I tend to go through those (so I might need them in the future) and that is one item cheaper through here than other places. So there's my $15-20usd onto the pile.

If people are hoarding because *they* believe the unit value will go up, then the solution is to slash the prices to reflect that same commitment at the merchant. Don't be 1% cheaper than bigbox on 30% of your stock, go 30% cheaper on 99% of the stock and go long on Bitcoin to make up the difference in capital gains if you expect to reach these levels of volume. Because then you'll actually attract non-coiners to get off their ass, and coiners to get great deals and possibly even reflog your product.

I don't think there is any other method to meet both the ambition of $800kusd in the next 3 weeks, or making Newegg or Amazon even realize that you're there.

This. I wonder why more bitcoin merchants don't do this... would be really attractive to customers and seems rational...
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 03:16:34 PM

It's not up to us to support someone else's ridiculously ambitious project. There is a word for that and it's not looked upon favorably on these forums...

Additionally, I personally don't support rampant consumerism, so no I will not be buying anything I don't absolutely need.

Bitcoin is a ridiculously ambitious project which is up to someone else to support, with nearly no economic gain at its initial stages of growth.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
jwzguy

Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 03:23:09 PM

It won't be a failure if they don't meet the 850k sales mark. They will just lose their current discount tier and will have to raise the prices.

We're not "donating" to Roger - he got this ball rolling for us and is charging NO markup on anything right now.

The question is simply this: do we want an online store with a huge selection of computers/components/electronics with a pricing tier that can compete with Amazon/Newegg, where we can pay with Bitcoin? If so, we have our chance, and we should support them. If not, then don't.

I personally think having this store online is important for increasing the speed of adoption. It makes my holdings more valuable. Therefore, I will support them. This is not any kind of altruism.
Herodes

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:15:48 PM

lets hope that's not the case!

Of course we hope this will not be the case! But when shipping to Europe from the US, if stuff like this happens, who will pay for the additional costs and re-shipments ? If I order locally,if something is broken, I just complain and have it replaced, what if the company in question is US based ? Questions like that is what I want to have answered. If BitcoinStore said: If there's any problems, we take care of it - free of charge, then that would give me more confidence ordering with them.
inbox

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:21:52 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 01:47:25 PM by inbox

paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:45:23 PM

To achieve the 800k goal, it would be easier for him to pump up the price of bitcoin to $400/btc and payoff the distributor.

Smiley
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:01:12 PM

It is up to US customers I'm afraid.

I went there, found some good stuff and pretty cheap, but the shipping price to Europe is killing me.
As much as I want to support this and spend my BTC, buying from European stores is much cheaper.

That's a damn shame, because the site is a dream come true (at least for me).
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:05:34 PM

I just checked, but any item I would like to buy is just too expensive to ship to Germany, so I guess US customers are on their own to turn this thing around Sad
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:11:59 PM

He should work on those prohibitively expensive shipping costs to Europe. $53 dollars for shipping a CPU? With their price it makes it as expensive as in my country. With VAT, excise, and all taxes I will be paying at least 23% more.

Signature space available for rent.
playtin

Activity: 201
Merit: 101

https://playt.in

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 05:26:11 PM

He should work on those prohibitively expensive shipping costs to Europe. $53 dollars for shipping a CPU? With their price it makes it as expensive as in my country. With VAT, excise, and all taxes I will be paying at least 23% more.
To be competitive in Europe, it would be really necessary for them to have a warehouse in Europe, so they can cut the shipping cost. I guess there are a lot of folks ready to order - the biggest hurdle are the shipping costs and to the same extent the shipping time.

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 05:26:54 PM

I would like to make a few clarifications in regards to Bitcoin store.

1.  $850K is the Quarterly target in order to stay in the best pricing tier.

2.  If Bitcoinstore.com doesn't reach this goal,  it will continue in businesses,  but with slightly higher prices.

3. I'm aware that the site still needs a lot of polishing,  specifically regarding the searching and filtering options.

4. The goal widget on the fron't page doesn't currently update automatically,  but you can monitor our progress at http://blockchain.info/address/1JqjoFF8QZwidrTbfnihGHDeu16pbLia1q

5. I previously negotiated with the distributor to let us start off with the best price tier for Q1 2013.
Everything with the Developers has taken MUCH longer than planed.  Time was running out, so I had to launch the site before it was truly ready in order to have any chance of meeting the sales target for this quarter.

6. I think if we can hit close to $300K,  I will have a good chance of getting the distributor to allow us to continue in the best price tier since 98% of the sales will have been from March.

7.  If you are a professional Magento developer and would like to help with Bitcoinstore.com  (Search,  Filters,  data import, etc)  Please contact me.
(You will be paid in BTC)

With everyone's help, Bitcoin is well on it's way to changing the world for the better!

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:30:13 PM

When will you start selling ASICs?
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 05:39:51 PM

I would like to make a few clarifications in regards to Bitcoin store.

1.  $850K is the Quarterly target in order to stay in the best pricing tier.

2.  If Bitcoinstore.com doesn't reach this goal,  it will continue in businesses,  but with slightly higher prices.

3. I'm aware that the site still needs a lot of polishing,  specifically regarding the searching and filtering options.

4. The goal widget on the fron't page doesn't currently update automatically,  but you can monitor our progress at http://blockchain.info/address/1JqjoFF8QZwidrTbfnihGHDeu16pbLia1q

5. I previously negotiated with the distributor to let us start off with the best price tier for Q1 2013.
Everything with the Developers has taken MUCH longer than planed.  Time was running out, so I had to launch the site before it was truly ready in order to have any chance of meeting the sales target for this quarter.

6. I think if we can hit close to $300K,  I will have a good chance of getting the distributor to allow us to continue in the best price tier since 98% of the sales will have been from March.

7.  If you are a professional Magento developer and would like to help with Bitcoinstore.com  (Search,  Filters,  data import, etc)  Please contact me.
(You will be paid in BTC)

With everyone's help, Bitcoin is well on it's way to changing the world for the better!

Update the goal widget more often! (or get someone at the store to do it)

I think people will want to contribute more to this cause as they see other people contributing to the cause... also, I have a sneaky feeling that if you got 80% of the way there, that would trigger a big push.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: